Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

94 Z28 6 speed Vs 01 Z28 6 speed

This is a discussion on 94 Z28 6 speed Vs 01 Z28 6 speed within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by c5z28 if you read the damn link I provided you'll see his arrogance is never ending I ...

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    if you read the damn link I provided you'll see his arrogance is never ending
    I understand but no need to get that hostile. I understand us Northern Cali guys can be kind of hyphy at times, but Geez.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

hey getcha01...... the spawn himself has arrived.....

they are laughing at YOU again brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

***all this was said after you said your initial comment in this thread***

I had a 2000 Trans Am M6 that pulled 13.4@ 105 consistently. Same car as the Z-28 with the same motor. And that was STOCK. No lid, no exhaust, not even any of the free mods. So it is completely possible that a stock Z-28 ran lower than a 13.6

Indeed..............

ol you really sound like someone that just came on this board to stir shit. Almost like an old member who got booted out and just came back to fuck with people.

Stock 1998-2002 m6 z28s are capable of low 13s all day long...

^^^Agree, when LACR was open elevation of about 2700 Stock Z28 M6 ran 13.6 on several passes. At sea level that should be about 13.1-13.2 and his was a 2001 Z, my stock 01 SS 6speed at the time would run 13.8 with 2.4-2.5 60ft times, i admitt not being a very good driver but at sea level the times wouldve been 13.3-13.4, so many Z's and SS Camaro's can and will run mid to low 13's.

I seen stock LT1s run mid 13s but at sea level.
    When I say I seen, I meant I driven

if i were you i would shut up.... with so many people backing me it would just be that much easier to burn your ass... it is obvious you havnt learned ANYTHING...

btw, heres the last burn.... For anyone that missed this..

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    hey getcha01...... the spawn himself has arrived.....

they are laughing at YOU again brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

***all this was said after you said your initial comment in this thread***

I had a 2000 Trans Am M6 that pulled 13.4@ 105 consistently. Same car as the Z-28 with the same motor. And that was STOCK. No lid, no exhaust, not even any of the free mods. So it is completely possible that a stock Z-28 ran lower than a 13.6

Indeed..............

ol you really sound like someone that just came on this board to stir shit. Almost like an old member who got booted out and just came back to fuck with people.

Stock 1998-2002 m6 z28s are capable of low 13s all day long...

^^^Agree, when LACR was open elevation of about 2700 Stock Z28 M6 ran 13.6 on several passes. At sea level that should be about 13.1-13.2 and his was a 2001 Z, my stock 01 SS 6speed at the time would run 13.8 with 2.4-2.5 60ft times, i admitt not being a very good driver but at sea level the times wouldve been 13.3-13.4, so many Z's and SS Camaro's can and will run mid to low 13's.

I seen stock LT1s run mid 13s but at sea level.
    When I say I seen, I meant I driven

if i were you i would shut up.... with so many people backing me it would just be that much easier to burn your ass... it is obvious you havnt learned ANYTHING...

btw, heres the last burn.... For anyone that missed this..
    Looks like this thread will be locked soon too... Some people will never agree with facts no matter how much proof you put in front of them... Im not getting involved
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 11-18-2008 at 03:12 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You know what even though I have photographic proof I know he'll just skew it
    Karpetcm update us on your race or this thread is most likely going down the tubes like 2 other threads I seem to remember.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Looks like this thread will be locked soon too... Some people will never agree with facts no matter how much proof you put in front of them... Im not getting involved
    well ill get involved enough for the both of us.. hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    You know what even though I have photographic proof I know he'll just skew it
    Karpetcm update us on your race or this thread is most likely going down the tubes like 2 other threads I seem to remember.
    its not that he will scew it...he just will totally omit that he ever saw it and act like it never happened..

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The race hasnt happened(atleast a fair race) if it did id be on here right after saying who won and by how many lengths. Finding a good drive to drive my 94Z is an issue since i dont want to give my car just to anyone to drive just like most of us wont. I had one person in mind and as stated before it was a complete disaster and not worth mentioning. If i wanted to i couldve said i beat him by 5 cars from 60-125mph but i know in my mind that is BS because with a better driver it wouldve been a much better race and due to many factors from his driving. I dont count me winning this race nor thought at the time it was worth bringing it up unless it was some idiot in another car that i dont know and just say ohh well he is a shi*y driver and i smoked him either way and thats all that counts i dont do that and like things to be as even and fair as possible even though thats very hard sometimes. I will get the race going and talked to one of my other friends and see if he is willing to do it, he said yes so will plan out what day and take it from there.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 11-18-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

I dont see the point of the race. The LS1 is faster. Everyone knows that.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

I ran a 13.2 in my lid/cutout trans am. And shit, my car's heavier than a Z.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Wrong...
    My own LT1 is proof. Bone stock I was running mid 13s. There are some bone stock LS1s that have ran 13.6s or slower.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

They need a driver mod

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Man, you sure talk a lot to have a slow convertible. Your gonna get your feelings hurt one day, trust me.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    They need a driver mod
    But according to Eric they have the almight LS1 so they HAVE to be faster

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

No its a known fact. LT1s are fast but LS1s are just faster. You cant say your car is faster because the driver fucked up. Thats like me saying my car is faster than a Cobra because the driver miss shifted. And a slow convertible? It only adds 100 pounds extra weight. I dont weigh much so it almost evens out.

Ray Charles blue

110lbs? I would put that baby on a scale my friend......lol

If I am not mistaken convertibles are as heavy if not even heavier than the GTO's.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Here is one website ive found giving weight 3574 lbs convertible

http://www.maximum-cars.com/Cars/Car.php?carnumber=25

Also says it in this link as well
    http://www.lemonfree.com/reviews.php...t&model=Camaro

I think the coupe is about 3443 or around there so difference would be about 131 lbs, what type of transmission effects weight as well but very LITTLE.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 11-19-2008 at 10:24 AM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If you look on the first page the 94z has 4.10 gears, I have raced one with 3.73's when I was stock and he got 13.2's the lt1 in this case with a decent driver will beat this lid only car
    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Wrong...
    My own LT1 is proof. Bone stock I was running mid 13s. There are some bone stock LS1s that have ran 13.6s or slower.
    yeah driver mod is all I have to say

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

My car now has exhuast cut out, hooker muffler on it. Maybe not a huge difference in hp but it has changed since my original post. After our attmpted race, i took the car in and get those 2 mods done got tired of them sitting around, i still have my 4.10's and Eibach springs sitting around for my 01 that i have not yet installed, but more then likely the race will happen before the 4.10's go on. I cant tell if it made a big difference or not but im sure it did something on the top end as stated by another member. I will more then likely race my 94 z tonight and ill get back to you guys on it later tonight or tomorow morning but just to recap on the race for both cars and drivers

01 Z28 6speed
    SLP Lid, K&N filter, TB bypass, Smooth Bellow, Hooker Muffler, Exhuast Cutout

94 Z8 6speed
    K&N Fipk, TB Air foil, TB bypass, Delete Plug, No cats, Exhuast cut out, Flowmaster Muffler, 4.10 gears, MadZ28 Tune.

Both cars will only have the drivers im average and my other friend who is gonna drive it is a better driver then i am, im definitly not using the same driver for my 94Z in the first attempt. The race will be from 2nd gear to the end of 3rd dont want to go to high in speeds but 2nd gear should show off the 4.10's on the LT and the 3rd gear should show how well the LS1 does in that car as well meaning top end. From driving both my cars on many occasions i can tell you the LT1 is pretty quick in 1st gear and 2nd and picks up revs very fast so it might be a handfull for the LS1 to keep up with the LT1 in 2nd gear but im hoping it will do fine in 3rd but will see tonight.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 11-19-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I think the 94 will win and on the other topic of them arguing hp and 1/4 mile times not all cars are made equal there are going to be stock cars putting more power down than other stock cars of the same year and model and some putting down less hp

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

No its a known fact. LT1s are fast but LS1s are just faster. You cant say your car is faster because the driver fucked up. Thats like me saying my car is faster than a Cobra because the driver miss shifted. And a slow convertible? It only adds 100 pounds extra weight. I dont weigh much so it almost evens out.
    ^^

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

well i just got back from racing my 94z and i have to admitt i wouldve liked a couple of more runs but we ran twice. We started off in 2nd gear i got pulled by half a car at the end of second by the end of 3rd gear i had 1 1/2 to about 2 cars. The second race was about the same, although he said he tried popping the clutch but spun a bit we were dead even in 2nd gear but got him by about 2 cars at the end of 3rd probably wouldve been pretty bad for the LT if i went through 4th. Either way my car wasnt really pulling on the LT1 till i got higher in the rpms but i can tell once i got there it was goin to pull hard. I think without a doubt if my LT1 had LT's, ORY and a tune it would do alot better since the only real difference was top end power. Funny thing is my LS1 feels just as fast if not faster then the LT1 on the lower end but after racing and if raced properly its faster at the bottom end.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 11-19-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information