Thread: 89 Honda CRX

Black
    2000 Trans Am

89 Honda CRX

A few years ago before I was deployed to Iraq I was on leave at home at the time here in my home town. I ran across one of my coworkers whom was also one of my best friends buddies. He had always talked bs about how fast his car was and that he would smoke mine because it was so much lighter than mine and it was a stick. We all went out to race on a highway around here where there isnt alot of traffic. We lined up on the highway and he burned his tires off for all of 10 seconds. Then he backed back up to where I was. My buddy was taping this whole thing. When he got lined up to me I put mine in revers and pulled back around 40 yards. Then I lit up my Eagles on the highway(now I know that this isnt a good idea with street tires) for about 45-60 seconds, smoke just rolled off in the wind and the tires just screamed in agony. My best friend that was taping it just stood there mouth open camera pointed at his foot, what a waste of an awsome burn out. I pulled back up to him on the line and they said go from the side of the road. He took off and my car went sideways, cause I mashed on it. All the way thought 1st I fought to keep it straight, he got about a half a car on me and that was it. As soon as I hit 2nd the rear end locked up and by 60 I was in the lead. He just gave up after that. Apearently taking the filter out of the air cleaner and his "titanium" clutch wasnt enough. His 1.6(I think) liter didnt have a chance. After the race he asked what all I did to it to make it run like that, I told him that it was just a stock 5.7 LS1. The whole time he thought that my car was a v6 because it didnt have a ram air hood. After I left he went and told everyone that he beat me. Now he has barretta (with a cam! and springs, OMG!) and I have mods...cant wait till I find him. I'll make his barretta look like his civic... small in my rear view.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

post up the vid of this...you said it was recorded right?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Yes it was a few years ago I'll see it he still has it.

Thread Information