Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

89 Formula whips 93 LT1 Z28

So buddy just called me and told me he pulled about 2.5 cars on our other buddies LT1 from a dig to 100 mph

89 Formula has a 350 TPI with small cam and rockers with exhaust
    93 Z28 all stock except for Z06 wheels

93 Z28's transmission is not healthy tho, and thats the reason of the outcome Got all you LT1 guys
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

I wouldn't have been surprised.

My 88 Iroc 350 TPI auto with only 2.77 gears, ran 13.90's at 99 mph. I only had an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, shorty headers, and an Edelbrock catback system.

My wifes 97 Z28 vert with a 6 speed and 3.42's, would only muster 14.20's at 100 mph bone stock.
    Owned them both at the same time for a while, we would play on the street a few times. The Iroc would hang door to door with my wifes Z, and would go a fender either way.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I wouldn't have been surprised.

My 88 Iroc 350 TPI auto with only 2.77 gears, ran 13.90's at 99 mph. I only had an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, shorty headers, and an Edelbrock catback system.

My wifes 97 Z28 vert with a 6 speed and 3.42's, would only muster 14.20's at 100 mph bone stock.
    Owned them both at the same time for a while, we would play on the street a few times. The Iroc would hang door to door with my wifes Z, and would go a fender either way.
    I will have to tell them both that. And they are both A4's. By exhaust for the 89, I mean headers and full exhaust. I was a little shocked so I typed fast.

Ya, we bought my wifes 97 brand new. It was geared better than my Iroc, as well as more HP.

But my wifes car seemed to run right about where most truely bone stock LT1's ran for the time.

My Iroc may have been an exception though. It was a low mile cream puff (only had 50,000 even in 2005 before I sold it) and with very little mods it responded like crazy. When it was bone stock it went 14.40's at 94 mph. (3,440 lbs. without driver, solid roof car)
    It picked up big time with only the exhaust and fuel pressure changes. But it was still practically new, and ran just as tight.
    I actually liked that car more than any of the 4th gens we have or had (shhh, you didn't hear me say that) Although not as fast as an LS1, it obviously held it's own against some LT1's (ours included) and mustangs, but what I liked most was how it drove, and how nimble the car felt. Plus it didn't have things like air bags and abs brakes, very simple to work on too.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya, we bought my wifes 97 brand new. It was geared better than my Iroc, as well as more HP.

But my wifes car seemed to run right about where most truely bone stock LT1's ran for the time.

My Iroc may have been an exception though. It was a low mile cream puff (only had 50,000 even in 2005 before I sold it) and with very little mods it responded like crazy. When it was bone stock it went 14.40's at 94 mph. (3,440 lbs. without driver, solid roof car)
    It picked up big time with only the exhaust and fuel pressure changes. But it was still practically new, and ran just as tight.
    I actually liked that car more than any of the 4th gens we have or had (shhh, you didn't hear me say that) Although not as fast as an LS1, it obviously held it's own against some LT1's (ours included) and mustangs, but what I liked most was how it drove, and how nimble the car felt. Plus it didn't have things like air bags and abs brakes, very simple to work on too.
    My buddy loves how it handles I'm selling him my 10 spoke wheels instead of the old (Steel/aluminum) WS6 wheels. Should be about a 5lbs per wheel mass reduction. And you know what they say, for ever 1 lbs of rotating mass is equal to 8 lbs of stationary mass

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

That's pretty sweet. When I still had my 93 Z, I pulled my buddy's IROC by 20+ car lengths from a dig. But his was an 87 TPI 305 and he was having acceleration issues. This was later determined to be caused by a malfunctioning floormat too bad it was over a year after I sold my car before he found out.

Thread Information