Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

4 way coming soon

Ok, so me and three friends were talking and have decided to race our DDs which consists of my 07 TBSS(tune, exhaust,cai) an 07 GP GXP(cai,exhaust) a charger r/t( stock) and a 03 marauder(stock) now there's no money on this or anything just a friendly race with a little shit talking etc. The GXP will be the camera car(passenger) we'll more than likely go from a dig and roll. If you guys had money on this which car would it be on?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

tbss

white
    2000 Z28

03 marauder with a cobra motor lmao. but i would go tbss with my cash. tunes can be surprising if done proper.

01 modded gtp

TBSS is gonna win

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Those GXP GP's are pretty quick, may be kinda close with the TBSS winning. Should be a good race. Marauders and charger R/Ts are slow.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

lol tbss

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Those GXP GP's are pretty quick, may be kinda close with the TBSS winning. Should be a good race. Marauders and charger R/Ts are slow.

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Apparently I did not mention it but my TBSS is a 3SS AWD model, so it's a little heavier and has more parasitic loss, all these cars are running 14s@sealevel etc. So it should be close. I think I have a good chance from a dig but will get my ass handed to me from a freeway pull.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

A marauder is just as fast as a gxp. I would take a marauder over a GXP for sure. Id say tbss should win
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-14-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

have you guys raced yet? post vid please

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_ws6 View Post

+ NHRA/IHRA series don't run from a roll. Do a dig, and tell 'em don't be sissys

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A marauder is just as fast as a gxp. I would take a marauder over a GXP for sure. Id say tbss should win
    yeah marauders are pretty sweet cars for big boats. they look cool.

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

TBSS, GXP, R/T, Marauder. The closest will be the GXP and the RT. The Marauder has no chance unless the transfer case breaks on the TBSS, the half shafts on the GXP break and the transmission starts slipping on the RT.

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Having driven bothci would say the GXP will absolutely destroy the Marauder. The GXP can run 13.8 with a good driver and the Marauder maybe high 14's with a crippled retard.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_ws6 View Post
    We have not raced yet, I'm actually on vacation right now, it's all suppose to happen on the 23rd. I will post a video as soon as it happens and I get it though. I think the awd TBSS are only good for mid low 14s so if the GXP can run high 13s I'm betting the outcome will be the GXP. I'm not sure why you guys say the R/Ts are so slow, I've ridden in one and it did alright, very comparable to my TBSS. Granted, not gonna hang with an ls1 f-body or either GTO, and I did find out the marauder has a catback exhaust so.. For what it's worth. I think it'll be very close with all of them, especially from a dig, the GXP is FWD so torque steer and wheel spin will be an issue, the marauder has a mod motor and don't wake up til high rpm and it has fairly high gears and is a fat ass for a car, the charger is fat but with a good launch I think he'll be right in there, as for the TBSS it's fat, awd, and has the aerodynamics of a Sherman tank. So, we'll see.

white
    2000 Z28

how high are you going in this race? dig to 100 will be tbss all day long. 30/40 to 130 gxp. the others will be chasing the tbss due to awd on the dig race and neither really make rediculous power for their weight or in the gxp's case fwd hurts launch. fwd will shine in the roll with the ls4 while the others try to overcame weight issues again.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Red97GTP View Post
    Having driven bothci would say the GXP will absolutely destroy the Marauder. The GXP can run 13.8 with a good driver and the Marauder maybe high 14's with a crippled retard.
    yeah slowbras ran mid-high 13's with the same engine and they are quite a bit lighter. i could see a maurader running mid 14's

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    yeah slowbras ran mid-high 13's with the same engine and they are quite a bit lighter. i could see a maurader running mid 14's
    True, and i have seen many gxps run mid 14s aswell. The GXP has the advantage in weight for sure. But the gxps wrong wheel drive combined with great trq make it so unattractive to me. And I owned a 2001 GTP lol, i still have trq steer nightmares. I drove a couple marauders at dealers and my uncle has one. The feel very nice you can roast the tires for a good distance no problem with just a stomp
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-16-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

True, and i have seen many gxps run mid 14s aswell. The GXP has the advantage in weight for sure. But the gxps wrong wheel drive combined with great trq make it so unattractive to me. And I owned a 2001 GTP lol, i still have trq steer nightmares. I drove a couple marauders at dealers and my uncle has one. The feel very nice you can roast the tires for a good distance no problem with just a stomp
    I'd rather have the charger R/T, or better yet a 1996 Impala SS than a marauder. I like the charger's interior room. Very comfortable car.

Arctic White, red/gray

I'd rather have the charger R/T, or better yet a 1996 Impala SS than a marauder. I like the charger's interior room. Very comfortable car.
    Charger is ugly as sin IMO and I hate dodge interiors, so bland and cheap looking. Big 4 prong sterring wheel that belongs on a Ram. The marauder i liked, good room, its not an amazing interior but it has more character than the dodge and i like the guages by the shifter. Also a comfy car, hell its the same platform as lincoln towncar and mercurys GM luxury cars just without the airbag suspension.

Thread Information