Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

4 civic's, 1 turblowed..

This is a discussion on 4 civic's, 1 turblowed.. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by adam3566 I don't care for rice either, but you telling me all import motors are crap is ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    I don't care for rice either, but you telling me all import motors are crap is complete non sense and you know it.
    I never said all import engines are crap. The Germans make some of the best engines in the world. I just don't like gutless 4/6 cylinder japanese engines that sound like crap, I don't know whats so hard to comprehend.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I'd say the only decent import motors are a select few Nissan motors (Skyline motors specifically), and the 2JZ. Thats pretty much it...
    Please look at the F1 motors they use, I don't care for a ricey sound car either but a honda motor is a very good motor. Granted most have problems putting power they make to the ground, but for being reliable and gas friendly they are awesome motors.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I never said all import engines are crap. The Germans make some of the best engines in the world. I just don't like gutless 4/6 cylinder japanese engines that sound like crap, I don't know whats so hard to comprehend.
    What's hard to comprehend? Sorry but the best argument you have shown me or anyone is your dislike for them with no facts or proof of anything. I think an s2000 going to 9k redline sounds pretty good. May not be the quickest but for stock they sound pretty decent to me. Neighbor has one and there not bad.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Please look at the F1 motors they use, I don't care for a ricey sound car either but a honda motor is a very good motor. Granted most have problems putting power they make to the ground, but for being reliable and gas friendly they are awesome motors.
    They aren't reliable or gas friendly once you build them up with boost, ect. A turbo Honda will be lucky to even hit 20MPG, and reliability is basically a guessing game of when, not if, its going to bite the bullet.

As for S2000's...they sound like shit, IMO. I've heard lawnmowers that sound better than that. Put an exhaust on the car and you'll see what I mean.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

They aren't reliable or gas friendly once you build them up with boost, ect. A turbo Honda will be lucky to even hit 20MPG, and reliability is basically a guessing game of when, not if, its going to bite the bullet.
    Idk about that, reading and research I have done has shown guys easily getting 300-400 hp and getting high 20's. Doubt all of them lie, but most will get well into the 20's for city. Only problem is traction and fwd. Hence why most will not run you from a dig. His has a stock exhaust and idk seems nice to me.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Idk about that, reading and research I have done has shown guys easily getting 300-400 hp and getting high 20's. Doubt all of them lie, but most will get well into the 20's for city. Only problem is traction and fwd. Hence why most will not run you from a dig. His has a stock exhaust and idk seems nice to me.
    Maybe its just me, but I just don't see 300hp impressive. Hell, our cars had that stock, and from what little research I've done, it isn't all that easy to get 300hp out of a Honda.

An impressive car as far as 2.xL engines go is definately the PT Cruiser GT/SRT-4 cars. 500hp isn't very hard with them and for a little PT Cruiser, thats impressive...

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Holy shit this is still going on...?

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post

????

Damn I guess mitsu aint half bad =)

Titan's Supra runs 6.6s.

And there's a whole class of American dragsters that run 3's. There's always a faster car. You don't seem to get the point, which is: WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO GO FAST IN A CIVIC????

If it's your bag, great. Don't expect me to understand though, that's out of line.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

What's hard to comprehend? Sorry but the best argument you have shown me or anyone is your dislike for them with no facts or proof of anything. I think an s2000 going to 9k redline sounds pretty good. May not be the quickest but for stock they sound pretty decent to me. Neighbor has one and there not bad.
    Listen. His opinion is valid, just like yours. You guys aren't going to agree and the fact that he doesn't have to point by point outline his opinion is just a way he's different from you. We understand your view as much as we're going to be able to and the argument is somewhat unnecessary as there is no right and wrong here; i like my ls1, i have my reasons, and i'm satisfied. See?

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    And there's a whole class of American dragsters that run 3's. There's always a faster car. You don't seem to get the point, which is: WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO GO FAST IN A CIVIC????

If it's your bag, great. Don't expect me to understand though, that's out of line.
    There are 3 second LS1 powered cars?

silver
    2002 ws6

HP/Liter is a ricer arguement. It doesn't make the car any faster or better than anything else because it has more "HP/Liter". Its a meaningless calculation invented by riceboys to justify their gutless, underpowered Honda engines, and try to find some meaning in their vehicle's worthless existance.
    another ricer argument is "it'll rev high"... who cares???

and hp\liter.. my snowmobile makes 193 hp\liter on 87 octane... is that good? it's hard to tell from here... and it revs to 8100. ricers dream engine!

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    another ricer argument is "it'll rev high"... who cares???

and hp\liter.. my snowmobile makes 193 hp\liter on 87 octane... is that good? it's hard to tell from here... and it revs to 8100. ricers dream engine!

Grats, motorcycle technology, which is in theory the same technology that "RICERS" use. You've just owned yourself.

I could crush every single argument in this thread but as previously shown it's not worth it.

I will say this though, I will say the majority of Wesman's claims are fiction, the rest are opinion. Yet people will read what he writes and think that it's somewhat truth.

\
    Last edited by 4tun8; 09-23-2008 at 07:15 AM.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Who the hell was bugged about anything? I made nothing but calm and rational statements lol. I love how everyone pulls the "You're butthurt" comments out when I make valid points to back up my claims.

I've been here for like 2 years I'm not going anywhere, nor will anyone "force" me to outside of me being banned. Since I very very rarely break the rules here I doubt I'll be leaving.

Thanks for playing.

Dude nobody is forcing you to do anything, however Just remember you are on an LS forum not a Mitsu forum. So with that said Take some of the shit thats said with a grain of salt. Thats Like me going to The Mitsu forum that Im a member on because of my GSX and posting Youtube shit of LSx's tearing the fuck out of Evo's and GSX's and ranting on how LSX is the shit!, Its a little tacky. Thats all! Relax will ya lol

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

[QUOTE=I'm as big a GM fan as anybody (hell, I refuse to even ride in a Ford), but the 2JZ engine is amazing. The Supra was a VERY impressive car for '93. Hell, they pulled a .95 on the skidpad, which, at the time was more than a Corvette I believe. Anyway, I'm just saying, its a VERY capable motor and isn't some shitbox 2.0L VTEC shit, and it is infact a awesome motor. In my book, better than the Modular S/C, Hemi, and very close with the LSx's.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with this statement more. I loved the Final Gen supra's. It was a Mean Freaking car. They are in a totaly different league that most of the other Imports Out there!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I understand your a thick headed redneck that has the intelligence of a chimp, but your parents really should have gotten that abortion....
    Wow personal attacks, Last time I Checked Jersey didn't have too many Rednecks lol.
    Last edited by Justin93; 09-23-2008 at 07:57 AM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Grats, motorcycle technology, which is in theory the same technology that "RICERS" use. You've just owned yourself.

I could crush every single argument in this thread but as previously shown it's not worth it.

I will say this though, I will say the majority of Wesman's claims are fiction, the rest are opinion. Yet people will read what he writes and think that it's somewhat truth.

\
    did i just own myself? look up engine specs to an 08 ski-doo xp 800r and see if it resembles anything any motorcycle has. then come back and admit you just owned youself.

yeah you can crush every argument cant you. you're just the furious vin diesel of the internet hey?

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I don't need to look up the specs to understand that it's a high compression, high rev, low displacement engine.

Also, If I'm the Vin Deisel of the internet then you're Spongebob.

ROFL it's a two stroke engine? We're talking about gasoline engines here sir.
    Last edited by 4tun8; 09-23-2008 at 08:20 AM.

10's N/A

I know your not comparing a 2JZ to a normal lsx motor, because if you hard you need to be slapped hard jr. A 2.0 VTEC motor is shit? Please it is an amazing motor. Remind me again who had the first motor over a 100hp per liter? Oh that's right a honda motor.
    OMG...so a 2.0 VTEC is an amazing motor, but the LS1 isn't? Your a complete tool man. After observing your post I don't even know why Wesman has waisted his time on you.

I'm betting you don't even own a vette.

silver
    2002 ws6

I don't need to look up the specs to understand that it's a high compression, high rev, low displacement engine.

Also, If I'm the Vin Deisel of the internet then you're Spongebob.

ROFL it's a two stroke engine? We're talking about gasoline engines here sir.
    lol! what do you think it runs on, kerosene?

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

It runs on gasoline but you're not adding straight gas to the tank, it's obviously an entirely different technology.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information