PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

3way with a 5.0 Vert and a 04 SRT4

I was on my way to work this morning and ran across a prime opportunity to run with these guys on the interstate. The 5.0 driver was my neighbor and the Srt-4 came out of nowhere lol. So we lined up on all 3 lanes, I was in the center the srt to my left and the 5.0 to my right, we went from a 50 roll and me and the srt immediately pulled away on the 5.0 By three lengths i then began to creep by the srt and had his front bumper at my rear bumper till about 120 when I started to pull further away.

We both shut down at about 130 but my neighbor blew by and kept going further down the highway. My neighbors 5.0 I know has bolt on's and full exhaust casue i helped him put most of it on lol. I talked to the Srt kid at the red light on the exit ramp since we got off at the same exit and he had side pipe exhaust, Bigger front mount, and BOV. It was a pretty sick car. I will admit I almost bought a skittle myself before i bought the Z.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Nice kills!

There are plenty of guys that knock the SRT-4's simply because they "are still a Neon", however it doesn't change the fact that it's a forged FI motor that loves mods. If I could get over the fact that they're front wheel drive, I'd probably pick one up as a daily driver. It would be plenty of fun from a roll with the right mods.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Nice kills!

There are plenty of guys that knock the SRT-4's simply because they "are still a Neon", however it doesn't change the fact that it's a forged FI motor that loves mods. If I could get over the fact that they're front wheel drive, I'd probably pick one up as a daily driver. It would be plenty of fun from a roll with the right mods.
    yeah i got nothing but respect for those cars, they respond so well to mods!! My buddy gary has one as a dd but Drag Races his 700rwhp t/a on the weekends! talk about the ultimate driving setup lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of numbers are you putting down N/A with those 5.3 heads. Im litteraly about to buy them tomorrow and I've been looking for people who are running them. Im going to be runing the 224R cam from TSP so Im looking for about 420rwhp.
    Last edited by Justin93; 10-13-2008 at 07:54 AM.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Good kills! I had a pretty stoute Srt-4 before i got my GTO. Thing was pretty quick from a 40 roll

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what kind of numbers are you putting down N/A with those 5.3 heads. Im litteraly about to buy them tomorrow and I've been looking for people who are running them. Im going to be runing the 224R cam from TSP so Im looking for about 420rwhp.
    440 rwhp and 408 rwtq. I went from 390/388 (if I recall correctly) to 440/408 just by adding the heads and a ported FAST 92mm intake. The first pull was a little lower on the rwhp figure, however after we adjusted the tune I picked up another 5 or 6 rwhp. I was trying to build a reliable street machine with plenty of power under the curve -- I made a little over 350 rwtq by 2700 rpm and that was success for me.

As long as you have the other supporting mods, 420 rwhp with those heads and that cam is certainly in the ballpark. I milled the heads to 60 cc and didn't have any PTV clearance issues. You should be able to easily get away with going to 59 cc to bump up the compression (as long as you're not planning on a turbo or supercharger in the future). I got a nice gain throughout the middle part of the band and up top from my cam swap, however the greatest improvement with the heads seemed to be down low. There was a VERY noticeable difference as soon as I get into the throttle from a stop.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Awesome so 59cc and I should have no problem. I was kinda worried about the PTV clearance. I dont have any plans for forced induction, Just a nasty street frendly 346 that will go door to door no sweat with some of my friends cars!

Thread Information