Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 350z kill

White
    00 z28

350z kill

350 Z Kill this has to be made up right?...

well this is the second time.

I have a 99 z28 true dual cut off at axel.

Upgraded flywheel + clutch and a few other things im not going to go into.

So im coming home from work and here comes a black 350 up behind me pretty fast. As I approach a light I see the counter 6 5 4 so I slow down so I can catch the light.

He pulls up next to me rap music up had backwards.. you get the point I give him a slight rev. slight rev with true duals is loud, he looks over with a smirk, So I turn off my traction controll, and this light is the longest one ever. Turns green he takes me off the line maybe bc I didn't want to burn and not get any traction but by second Im in front of him and when I put it in 3rd hes shut down from embarrasment.

So thats my kill story enjoy.

White
    00 z28

I thought these things were suppose to dust old ls1's?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by espskillz View Post
    I thought these things were suppose to dust old ls1's?
    350z's are nice but no not even in stock form.
    Post all mods because now I have to ask if you have longtubes and what mufflers you have. I have Jet Hots 3" duals with magnaflow bullets and when it was cut at the axle woman and children fled for fear of life

White
    00 z28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    350z's are nice but no not even in stock form.
    Post all mods because now I have to ask if you have longtubes and what mufflers you have. I have Jet Hots 3" duals with magnaflow bullets and when it was cut at the axle woman and children fled for fear of life
    My pipes are custom made 3 1/4 inch. magnaflow mufflers got them put on so long ago I dont remember what type sorry. I have a performance lightned flywheel and clutch. Short shifter, High flow injectors, slp lid, and what I consider the best tune my car could have. I may be missing some minor stuff but thats pretty much it.

white
    2000 Z28

without boost 350z's are easy pickins.

silver
    2002 ws6

350z's are just another ricer

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I drove one a couple of weeks ago and i was impressed 1st and 2nd gear acceleration. It broke loose easily top of first and especially going from 1st to 2nd gear, broke loose easily but had some cheapy tires on. In 3rd and 4th gear it was a disappointment, also when you let off the clutch it will make a clicking noise and the shifter moves all over the place when your in nuetral at a stop light. Seems like its a decent effort to get a sports car out and in there hurry forgot to do a few things properly or something. Just feels like its a test car that has a little work left in it, atleast. I havent yet driven the 370Z but im sure its alot better.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

I like the Nissans, but that guy should have known he was in for a whoopin.'

He looked at you and smirked? What a dumb ass. Nice kill.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nice kill.

A 370Z would prolly be a different story. Those things are trapping, according to mag reports I've read, 105-107.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nice kill man.

350Z's aren't worth a damn, I can beat up on them in my daily driver Cobalt SS T/C

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

350zs are fun cars i have had ALOT of wheel time behind one. The trannys are extremely weak though. They claimed to have fixed the problem after the 06 model but i dont trust nissan. The car overall is solid and fun as hell to drive IMO. But they arent ls1 fast, i just love the way the enter and exit corners, so planted and firm.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-20-2010 at 08:33 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    350zs are fun cars i have had ALOT of wheel time behind one. The trannys are extremely weak though. They claimed to have fixed the problem after the 06 model but i dont trust nissan. The car overall is solid and fun as hell to drive IMO. But they arent ls1 fast, i just love the way the enter and exit corners, so planted and firm.
    The worst part about them isn't the shitty engines that vibrate and burn oil, or the crappy transmissions, or the cheap interior (for a $35K car). The worst part is Nissan puts shitty brakes on all their cars. The 370Z is so bad that is caused C&D to crash one at Virginia International Raceway on lap 2. Pedal went to the floor and thats all she wrote, its a well documented problem that Nissan refuses to address. Its sad that they don't even care about a safety issue as extreme as that.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

i have a 1996 nissan maxima and the brakes are shit. if i brake hard in the snow i wreck...thats it. In the wet, too hard...i get damn scared

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The worst part about them isn't the shitty engines that vibrate and burn oil, or the crappy transmissions, or the cheap interior (for a $35K car). The worst part is Nissan puts shitty brakes on all their cars. The 370Z is so bad that is caused C&D to crash one at Virginia International Raceway on lap 2. Pedal went to the floor and thats all she wrote, its a well documented problem that Nissan refuses to address. Its sad that they don't even care about a safety issue as extreme as that.
    I heard about the 370z problem. But the 350z brakes work just fine. I have beat the hell out of them around road america in elkhart lake WI a couple times and there was fade but nothing I couldnt comp for. The engine on the car so far has been good, with 80kmiles on it and alot of them hard miles but it has been through 3 trannys now. The interior itself isnt bad i like things about it and i dislike some things but its still much better than the f-bodys.

Also if you dont mind me asking, where is this documented proof. I just see that car and driver claimed it was brake failure, but i dont see any other cases or reports. I do know a couple people who have run the 370 hard and havent had complete brake failure, although fade is a issue unless you get the track pack upgrade that coems with better pads. But almost all people who drive there cars hard complain about brake fade on stock cars after a couple 100-40mph turns.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-22-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28CamaroJG View Post
    i have a 1996 nissan maxima and the brakes are shit. if i brake hard in the snow i wreck...thats it. In the wet, too hard...i get damn scared
    Its a 96 maxima what the hell do you expect? How old are your brakes, are you sure they are working properly?

What do you mean you wreck or get scared, like the car goes out of control or just doesnt stop. Because tires are what touch the ground and tires have ALOT to do with stopping.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-22-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

I heard about the 370z problem. But the 350z brakes work just fine. I have beat the hell out of them around road america in elkhart lake WI a couple times and there was fade but nothing I couldnt comp for. The engine on the car so far has been good, with 80kmiles on it and alot of them hard miles but it has been through 3 trannys now.
    ummmm 80K miles and 3 trannies?

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by bryceslu View Post
    ummmm 80K miles and 3 trannies?
    Like i said before, when those cars are driven hard the tranny will go, they are weak. Not sure about the 370z but the 350z and g35 manual all have grinding issues.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Like i said before, when those cars are driven hard the tranny will go, they are weak. Not sure about the 370z but the 350z and g35 manual all have grinding issues.
    In other words they are all junk transmissions. I'm sure the 370Z is the same.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Also if you dont mind me asking, where is this documented proof. I just see that car and driver claimed it was brake failure, but i dont see any other cases or reports. I do know a couple people who have run the 370 hard and havent had complete brake failure, although fade is a issue unless you get the track pack upgrade that coems with better pads. But almost all people who drive there cars hard complain about brake fade on stock cars after a couple 100-40mph turns.
    Go on the forums, guys know that the brakes suck. They have to be upgraded for ANY track use.

As for the proof, what more do you need?? The car's brakes failed and it CRASHED. No other car had this problem. C&D called Nissan and they didn't even have a good answer, they just said they'd "look into it".

This isn't the first time they've had problems either. If you go back to C&D's braking comparo a while back, both the Nismo 350Z and Infiniti FX50 had extremely poor brake performance and extreme fade issues, with their pedals almost dropping to the floor after only a couple hard stops. Yet the Malibu and Accord in the same test, two average family sedans, stopped consistantly.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

some guy my age sold his soul to the army, he came back for a month and bought a brand new 370 in cash, everyone acted like it was a god among cars, he talked alot of shit, i never got to put him down, i was disappoint

Thread Information