Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

240SX vs. New Camaro SS

This is a discussion on 240SX vs. New Camaro SS within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Well, I was out last night doing some tuning with the car. For some reason getting the map the way ...

  1. #1

    240SX vs. New Camaro SS

    Well, I was out last night doing some tuning with the car. For some reason getting the map the way I want is such a pain in the ass. Trying to get rid of this dead spot in the power band. Anyway, I had a friend with me on laptop duty, since he's never been in the car before, and wanted to ride along. After getting off the interstate from some tuning, we head down normal roads and go to look for a place to eat. Well 3 lights later we roll up to a brand new red Camaro SS. The guys car still had a temp tag on it, since he must have just bought the thing. We exchange compliments on each others car and the light turns green. I do a quick check around to look for any cars and police, nothing... just straight road. As I do this while rolling out in 1st gear, the guy in the Camaro mashes the peddle barks 2nd gear and dips out. 'Oh, so the guy wants to play a little'. I get back up to him and we both slow down to about 40mph, I drop it down to 2nd and wait. He drops it into 2nd and hits the throttle. He gets the jump about a 1/4 car, before I start pulling big time. Into to 3rd, he's 4 cars back, into 4th, he's way way back. I let off, thinking he must have let off the throttle, sure enough he's still on it and blows by me over 120mph, as I'm slowing down. We get up to the next light and he decides to turn, doing a small drift around the corner in the process.

    Those new Camaros are a lot bigger than I thought. They're definitely quicker than a stockish F-body that's for sure.

    stock 6 speed '09 Camaro SS - 0
    My 240SX -1

  2. #2
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Bet he wasn't expecting that from a supposed 4 banger-do you have any sound clips?

  3. #3
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    nice. which 240 were you in?

    edit: nevermind, i see ones retired now. like it matter'd much anyways.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    damn your already racing the camaro's, hell I have not even seen any around here. Nice kill.

  5. #5
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    nice!! btw its a 2010 year, not 2009. but again cool race

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    damn your already racing the camaro's, hell I have not even seen any around here. Nice kill.
    Yeah, haven't really seen a lot around. Seen a Challenger or two though.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    nice!! btw its a 2010 year, not 2009. but again cool race
    My bad, it was brand new.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    nice. which 240 were you in?

    edit: nevermind, i see ones retired now. like it matter'd much anyways.
    I thought those new SS were supposed to trap in the 110-115mph range. I pulled him like he was a 14s car in the top end, and I had a passenger with me. He was alone. Those cars look awesome though.

  9. #9
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    do keep in mind that all the magazine tests were prolly done with an M6. The auto isn't the LS3 and isn't making as much power.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    do keep in mind that all the magazine tests were prolly done with an M6. The auto isn't the LS3 and isn't making as much power.
    I raced a M6, not an auto.

  11. #11
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I raced a M6, not an auto.
    gotcha! and I'm sure the poor guy wasn't expecting an 11.xx 240sx

  12. #12
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    More a4 haters eh? lol silly m6 guys! The a6 is accually rated .1 faster than the m6. Autos are just as good as manuals its what u like I dont think theres a HUGE performance difference. Im an a4 with minimal mods and I trap right around what a m6 would. But, if I was going to get a new camaro it would be a m6 all the way. Tourqe management is for trucks not camaros...
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!


    2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

  13. #13
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    More a4 haters eh? lol silly m6 guys! The a6 is accually rated .1 faster than the m6. Autos are just as good as manuals its what u like I dont think theres a HUGE performance difference. Im an a4 with minimal mods and I trap right around what a m6 would. But, if I was going to get a new camaro it would be a m6 all the way. Tourqe management is for trucks not camaros...
    nothing against the auto's at all. was just stating they didn't have the LS3, which puts them rated 36hp less. Can't say I'd actually researched the time differences though. So, thanks for pointing that out to me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    M6 2010 SS's have an LS3 rated at 426 HP.
    A6 2010 SS's have an L99 rated at 400 HP.

    Difference = 26 HP. With average drivers, the ET between the two will be close, though the M6 will have a measurably higher trap speed.

    A really good drive with an M6 is going to be more than a match for an A6 (driver makes little difference).

  15. #15
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    my bad. meant 426. fat fingered the key i suppose.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    gotcha! and I'm sure the poor guy wasn't expecting an 11.xx 240sx
    That guy just better be glad he didnt line up against the 10 sec 4cyl sr 240sx lol

    He prob would have went and traded it back into the dealer

    BTW why is the sr retired? You just messing with the ls1 for a bit?

    Im gettin closer to getting mine out to the track. I hope to make a few passes before the end of the season. I wanna go out and bust that 9 sec pass on the first attempt. I want my setup 100% and no less.

  17. #17
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    http://ls1.com/forums/showpost.php?p...&postcount=272

    post from 'fastest non lsx car' thread.

  18. #18
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    nothing against the auto's at all. was just stating they didn't have the LS3, which puts them rated 36hp less. Can't say I'd actually researched the time differences though. So, thanks for pointing that out to me.
    Its all good man!

  19. #19
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    http://ls1.com/forums/showpost.php?p...&postcount=272

    post from 'fastest non lsx car' thread.
    Ahh dang, I must of missed that post. Its been a while since I been on here.

    Superluminal,Which rear end setup did you have in the sr 240?

    Im at that point on deciding what I need. im Also debating going to a higher gear, maybe a 3.69 to put more of a load on it down low so I can actually use 1st gear. But IDK, I am going to be able to make 20psi coming out of the line so its going to be some pretty violent launches, I just need to find the strongest and best combo. I also have debated keeping my 4.08 gears and just launching it in 2nd.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Ahh dang, I must of missed that post. Its been a while since I been on here.

    Superluminal,Which rear end setup did you have in the sr 240?

    Im at that point on deciding what I need. im Also debating going to a higher gear, maybe a 3.69 to put more of a load on it down low so I can actually use 1st gear. But IDK, I am going to be able to make 20psi coming out of the line so its going to be some pretty violent launches, I just need to find the strongest and best combo. I also have debated keeping my 4.08 gears and just launching it in 2nd.
    3.69 final drive. You can't trap 140mph without it. I ran 3.92 final from the J30 for a while, but even that was too short. On high boost I would run out of gear in 4th. However, if you aren't making a good amount of power, that 3.69 final might slow a down a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 94 240sx
    By JoshuaGrooms83 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 10:09 AM
  2. LS1 240SX vs. LT1 TransAM
    By Superluminal in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 02:14 AM
  3. LS1 240sx here!!!
    By Camo_2750 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 12:09 PM
  4. LS1 240SX vs. Heads/Cam Camaro SS
    By Superluminal in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM
  5. 96 nissan 240sx with a 99 ls1
    By rcnitrofreek in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •