Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132
Like Tree7Likes

2013 5.0 A6 vs 2000 Z28 A4 **VID**

This is a discussion on 2013 5.0 A6 vs 2000 Z28 A4 **VID** within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Speaking of PA, I was able to hang out in downtown Philadelphia a few weeks back while I was out ...

  1. #101
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Speaking of PA, I was able to hang out in downtown Philadelphia a few weeks back while I was out there for business. Had a great time. I was able to see the Liberty Bell and go on a few tours. I also walked around a few hours and took in some of the "tourist" attractions. Had a great time.

    Figured I would change the subject once again
    Smittro likes this.

  2. #102
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    I think people missed it.

    Now it went from messing with to breaking in. It was more about door dings and keying but now its breaking in. lol

    Again, I didnt say I would hit him but some people still see what I said as that. lol

    If you show that you are carrying someone who finds you as a threat will walk up behind you and shoot you. Its why undercover/plain dress cops DONT SHOW THEY HAVE WEAPONS. My god the stupid is thick with some people. You do no twant to show your weapon as you become the biggest threat and thus you will be the target by those attempting to commit a crime. Or is that a tough concept to grasp? Also, showing off your weapon is a bad idea in that people dont know if you are a good guy or a bad guy.

    Go ahead and start shooting people and see where it lands you. lol I love how everyone has a keen understanding of how the law works. There is a lawyer on here....perhaps his education was worthless since a lot you folks feel as if you know what laws mean and its actual intent. lol Keep on thinking the way you do. Its a wonder why our country is so low on the totem pole for education and is laughed at for the educational and intelligence level of the public. hahahah
    Last edited by TLS_Addict; 10-27-2012 at 09:20 PM.

  3. #103
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    No more intelligent for some to think their opinions are above anyone elses.

    The fact that some state open carry is stupid shows how little they know about their right to carry as well as being pure meaningless personal opinion.

    The fact that they go on and on resorting to weak insults when no one has stated they open carry is as a dumb person calling others stupid.

    Stating we have a lawyer on the site is meaningless as they don't write any laws.

    The laws pertaining to PA open carry are pretty easily understandable even for the average Joe.

    Same goes for the 2nd amendment.

    With wording no more complex than that of a 12th grade textbook.

    You can get shot walking your doggy.

    Someone stating they know what will happen in a given random situation that involves any kind of violence is assinine at best.

    Further more it also shows they've likely answered an officer asking if they have weapons present with a "no".

    Personally I could give a shit. You live, think, and act as you like, and others will likely do the same.

    Where I come from you don't need to have, show, or hide a weapon for shit to go really wrong in a hurry.

    The fact IS street criminals go for the easy targets not a well armed "hard" target that's a FACT friend.

    A real criminal intent of doing you physical harm would cut you from ear to ear before you ever got your hiden or open carried rig rolling.

    They only wait till your looking eye to eye in movies.

    Spend 30+ on the real streets, and some time in prison and you'll learn real quick.

    Where I'm from people die for a fuckin pair of shoes, or a coat, not because they have a legal right to open carry.

    You dig?

  4. #104
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    You are way off base. If you are standing in line at a convenient store and your gun is open to show you think someone coming in after you is going to be more inclined to shoot you in the back of the head if they want to rob the place or back off from you?

    And no, your idea of the 2nd amendment is way off base. Consider the times and the intent.

    Some opinions are above others. When opinions are pulled out of thin air, have little to stand on or can be shot down...yes, that opinion is below others.

    My opinion is Tim Tebow is a better QB than Dan Marino because he is a good Christian boy........haha How does that strike you for an opinion? Opinions based on feelings are garbage. lol

  5. #105
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    You are way off base. If you are standing in line at a convenient store and your gun is open to show you think someone coming in after you is going to be more inclined to shoot you in the back of the head if they want to rob the place or back off from you?

    And no, your idea of the 2nd amendment is way off base. Consider the times and the intent.

    Some opinions are above others. When opinions are pulled out of thin air, have little to stand on or can be shot down...yes, that opinion is below others.

    My opinion is Tim Tebow is a better QB than Dan Marino because he is a good Christian boy........haha How does that strike you for an opinion? Opinions based on feelings are garbage. lol
    Smittro is spot on as far as I'm concerned. You haven't presented anything here but opinion and a bunch of badgering, and even started in on the original poster about his car doing the same thing. That's all I ever see in your posts no matter what the discussion is. Do you actually have anything worth while to contribute to this site? I think you need a hobby. I'm not upset with you, and you are entitled to think what you like. I actually feel sorry for you as it seems this is your release to sit here on a computer and be combatant with every subject on this board. Sad.

  6. #106
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    No more intelligent for some to think their opinions are above anyone elses.

    The fact that some state open carry is stupid shows how little they know about their right to carry as well as being pure meaningless personal opinion.

    The fact that they go on and on resorting to weak insults when no one has stated they open carry is as a dumb person calling others stupid.

    Stating we have a lawyer on the site is meaningless as they don't write any laws.

    The laws pertaining to PA open carry are pretty easily understandable even for the average Joe.

    Same goes for the 2nd amendment.

    With wording no more complex than that of a 12th grade textbook.

    You can get shot walking your doggy.

    Someone stating they know what will happen in a given random situation that involves any kind of violence is assinine at best.

    Further more it also shows they've likely answered an officer asking if they have weapons present with a "no".

    Personally I could give a shit. You live, think, and act as you like, and others will likely do the same.

    Where I come from you don't need to have, show, or hide a weapon for shit to go really wrong in a hurry.

    The fact IS street criminals go for the easy targets not a well armed "hard" target that's a FACT friend.

    A real criminal intent of doing you physical harm would cut you from ear to ear before you ever got your hiden or open carried rig rolling.

    They only wait till your looking eye to eye in movies.

    Spend 30+ on the real streets, and some time in prison and you'll learn real quick.

    Where I'm from people die for a fuckin pair of shoes, or a coat, not because they have a legal right to open carry.

    You dig?
    Agree 100% Smittro. I do believe studies have shown that these conceal laws put in affect actually cuts down the crime rate in various cities as well.

    I never could understand why people think this is a bad thing

  7. #107
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    I don't get into "what if" arguments TLS..

    Your opinions clearly lack any real life experiance in the matter.

    You're off base or just off if you think you know what will happen in ANY situation.

    Consider the times and intent?

    I don't think you're aware of the times and intent enough to even comment on such things.

    Take a look at PA. open carry gun laws, and read the second amendment, comprehend, then comment.

    Good day Sir!

  8. #108
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Agree 100% Smittro. I do believe studies have shown that these conceal laws put in affect actually cuts down the crime rate in various cities as well.

    I never could understand why people think this is a bad thing
    Nor can I.

    There are thousands of studies (reguardless of what gun control activists would have the world believe) that open carry and concealed carry do in fact work as a crime deterant.

    Most people would choose not to take the gamble with their life when confronted with a gun carrying person, even a criminal.

    Unless of course they have a mental issue.
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-28-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: added ( )

  9. #109
    Junior Member Mystic Z-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    73

    Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    You would think that. The OP has the fastest Z28 ever though. Stock with a cat back and air intake and he beats cars with better rear gearing, better tranny gearing and more power.
    Are you butthurt because your camaro didn't run as well as mine does, bro? Sure seems like it. lawl and since when are 3.15 gears better than 3.23's, broseph stalin?

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    His stock, 150k mile Z28 with 3.23 gears, intake and cat back beats up on 12 second cars.

    And fuck you, you dicks. lol
    123k miles. Anything else you want to be wrong about, bromeo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Actually, it appeared to me he wasn't really beating up on the mustang. Looks like the mustang pulled away 2 out of 3 of those races. The one race where the mustang didn't, appears the camaro had a jump anyway, and the mustang may have started to real him in if they didn't cut short.
    How do you people think that the 5.0 ''pulled away'' on the rolls? He got the hit both times and I stopped his pull and held him there. That's not pulling away, not by a long shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Check out his other threads and postings on other forums. It is quite funny.

    He also claims his car gets COMPLETELY sideways when it hits 2nd gear. You know, because the 4L60E tranny doesnt have a big drop from 1st to 2nd gear, right? hahaha That is sarcasm, BTW. lol
    Are you mad now that your car couldn't get sideways as easily as mine can, Rambro? Cry baby is gonna cry!

    Oh and by the way, Brome-slice. I raced this same 5.0 last night. Now he has a CAI and Tune though. We did a 50-55 roll (my sweet spot). It was dead even until about 90-100, then the 5.0 started to very slowly pull. At 150 mph he was about 1 car ahead of me. He wasn't really pulling anymore once my RPM's in 3rd gear got up there.

  10. #110
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    I use both open and conceal here in AZ. Open carry when I am in the bad neighborhoods with my family. This always gets people to leave me a space. They know that I HAVE a weapon. I haven't had any problems with any harrassment. I am also smart enough to not go into these areas after dark. I also "open" carry in my car. That means I leave my pistol on the seat. That way if I need it, I can get to it immediately. The other times I open carry is when I am out in the desert. When I run across other people, they first of all have their own weapons. Second of all, they can see that I have one as well. This deters crime. Mainly the reaon I open carry in the desert is the reason I carry it. Rattlesnakes. They are very common, and often will allow the first person to pass before they start buzzing. And when I say pass, I mean within striking distance.
    Conceal carry to me usually means that my pistol is concealing my wallet. If someone demands my wallet, I will literally have to move my pistol first. And I am sure you can see how that will turn out. But, I have been in very bad areas of the country, and conceal carry at work. This is where I have no choice but to keep my protection from the eyes of clients if they happen to stop by the job.
    As far as AZ gun laws, they are very relaxed. You can drive around downtown Phoenix with a fully loaded AR in your lap with the safety off. Cops don't bat an eye whether you have a pistol on the dash, a rifle in the pass seat, or are open carrying in the gas station 5 feet away from them. I have run through every immigration checkpoint here in the state NUMEROUS times with a pistol right in front of me on the dash, and have NEVER even had an officer ask about it, much less pull me out of line for it.
    Latest gun related incident: At work last week here in Phoenix. We are working on an apt complex. Me and my guys are split up into 3 groups of 2 guys each. We are setting our ladders up outside the doors for the apts. One group of my guys had a lady come outside with a shotgun. She stated that she thought someone was trying to break into her apt. The cops showed up about 2 hours later. I spoke with them, and it turns out they were called to service a parenting time issue. Seems the same lady called to have her son returned to her, because her ex wouldn't return her child when he was supposed to. I though they were there about the gun issue. The cop spoke to my two guys and said that as long as she thought there was imminent danger, she had the right to defend herself and her property with lethal force as neccesarry. End of discussion. That means that if someone is trying to steal my car, and I see that, I can use lethal force to stop them.
    That is the castle doctrine. It really means that you are not required to back down from any situation where you feel that your life, or property is at risk. There was a huge media backlash when this was signed into law in Florida. But, they were wrong. The rest of the states followed suit after that. The saying now is that only tourists get robbed in FL, because everybody else has guns. AZ is a bad place to go picking on people. I think that most people understand that.... That keeps crime rates down. And the legislation is in effect to back you up if you decide that your property or your life is at risk. I agree fundamentally that you should hit someone before you shoot them, but what if you lose that fight? You may lose your life. The laws say that you have the right to use lethal force.

  11. #111
    Junior Member Mystic Z-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    73

    Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I use both open and conceal here in AZ. Open carry when I am in the bad neighborhoods with my family. This always gets people to leave me a space. They know that I HAVE a weapon. I haven't had any problems with any harrassment. I am also smart enough to not go into these areas after dark. I also "open" carry in my car. That means I leave my pistol on the seat. That way if I need it, I can get to it immediately. The other times I open carry is when I am out in the desert. When I run across other people, they first of all have their own weapons. Second of all, they can see that I have one as well. This deters crime. Mainly the reaon I open carry in the desert is the reason I carry it. Rattlesnakes. They are very common, and often will allow the first person to pass before they start buzzing. And when I say pass, I mean within striking distance.
    Conceal carry to me usually means that my pistol is concealing my wallet. If someone demands my wallet, I will literally have to move my pistol first. And I am sure you can see how that will turn out. But, I have been in very bad areas of the country, and conceal carry at work. This is where I have no choice but to keep my protection from the eyes of clients if they happen to stop by the job.
    As far as AZ gun laws, they are very relaxed. You can drive around downtown Phoenix with a fully loaded AR in your lap with the safety off. Cops don't bat an eye whether you have a pistol on the dash, a rifle in the pass seat, or are open carrying in the gas station 5 feet away from them. I have run through every immigration checkpoint here in the state NUMEROUS times with a pistol right in front of me on the dash, and have NEVER even had an officer ask about it, much less pull me out of line for it.
    Latest gun related incident: At work last week here in Phoenix. We are working on an apt complex. Me and my guys are split up into 3 groups of 2 guys each. We are setting our ladders up outside the doors for the apts. One group of my guys had a lady come outside with a shotgun. She stated that she thought someone was trying to break into her apt. The cops showed up about 2 hours later. I spoke with them, and it turns out they were called to service a parenting time issue. Seems the same lady called to have her son returned to her, because her ex wouldn't return her child when he was supposed to. I though they were there about the gun issue. The cop spoke to my two guys and said that as long as she thought there was imminent danger, she had the right to defend herself and her property with lethal force as neccesarry. End of discussion. That means that if someone is trying to steal my car, and I see that, I can use lethal force to stop them.
    That is the castle doctrine. It really means that you are not required to back down from any situation where you feel that your life, or property is at risk. There was a huge media backlash when this was signed into law in Florida. But, they were wrong. The rest of the states followed suit after that. The saying now is that only tourists get robbed in FL, because everybody else has guns. AZ is a bad place to go picking on people. I think that most people understand that.... That keeps crime rates down. And the legislation is in effect to back you up if you decide that your property or your life is at risk. I agree fundamentally that you should hit someone before you shoot them, but what if you lose that fight? You may lose your life. The laws say that you have the right to use lethal force.
    81751531.jpg

  12. #112
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    If opinions based on feelings are garbage then most of what you have said falls into that category TLS. You have presented absolutely no facts. I am not saying that I agree or disagree but your opinion is just that and is not based on factual information.

    Virginia is retarded as far as defense laws go. If someone breaks into your house or car and you shoot them because you didn't know if they were armed or not you probably will go to jail if they die or get sued if they don't. On what planet does that make sense. If they hadn't committed breaking and entering they would be uninjured.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 10-28-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

  13. #113
    Junior Member Mystic Z-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    73

    Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    If opinions based on feelings are garbage then most of what you have said falls into that category TLS. You have presented absolutely no facts. I am not saying that I agree or disagree but your opinion is just that and is not based on factual information.
    That guy is a complete and utter failure.

  14. #114
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Hey Mystic,,,explain the braw picture. You completely lost me with that one.

  15. #115
    Junior Member Mystic Z-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    73

    Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hey Mystic,,,explain the braw picture. You completely lost me with that one.
    Click on it and read the tag.

  16. #116
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Boys, I have plenty of hobbies...more so than most.

    1. I agree with being able to carry. Open or concealed, its up to you. I would choose to hide it. It should be FEDERAL not state by state. My ideas are not "ifs" but the thought of a possibility. People with concealed weapons have stepped in when the bad guy didnt know they had it. If you have it open you can be their target prior to them starting to commit a crime. I have police friends, when they are off duty......NONE of them will show what they are packing.
    2. The time the 2nd was put in to place when? You really think it was directly related to todays times? I see where you think it may but they didnt have the same issues we have today. Now did they? Yes, they had crime but not near what we have to contend with doay.
    3. I am SURE that crime drops in those areas where it is permitted to carry. I didnt say it didnt....again you jump to conclusions and I never said I dont agree with people being able to carry. Once again you assumeed that about me. So lets see these "Thousands of tests".....hahaha Sorry, but thousands? Link to the thousands of test, please.
    4. I have no real life experience? I have wored down town NYC, DC, Baltimore, Atlanta and parts of NJ. I have seen some shit holes first hand so get off with I dont have any experience because that is a bunch of crap. And you know the saying about "The other side of the tracks."? That is where I was working......where the actual train stations that work on the trains. No, they are NOT good areas.\ and I am not talking about where you get on your train to go to work.
    5. How are what you guys say not opinions? Your opinion is I have never been or seen things happen. Its my opinion you are all closed minded and no matter what reason is given to you your opinions are based on more feeling than the consideration of all things involved.
    6. I am far from a gun control activist. lol Most likely I have owned more weapons than most people. My biggest problem is figuring out which gun to take when I go hunting. The past few years I have downsized my collection because I dont get the chance to shoot or use them and I get bored. Probably only around 30 guns left in my name at this time and you lump me in with activists? THAT goes to show you dont think before you make assumptions.
    7. Have you posted ANYTHING beyond badgering, how bad ass you are about protecting your "100k car", your own opinions and interpretations? I think not. Continue to think so.
    8. What I contribute is common sense. Perhaps I need to contibute a bunhc of youtube videos in every single thread about a particular vehicle I own, would that help?

    Please, do not feel sorry for me. Your ideas, assumption and justifications are set in stone. You dont think about all factors involved only what you believe are the only instances. In fact it is me who feels sorry for you. Go on thinking people on here agree with you.....there are a select few but the fact of the matter is many of us outside of this, your small corner of the internet where you feel important, find you to be absolutely hilarious. I think what one person said was "This is why we need a test for people to be permitted to vote."

    What you miss is that I really dont care what you do, how you feel or what you think....but I can piss you off in a heartbeat and boys, as soon as you become emotional it is easy to see that your posts run purely on that. Granted, you try to tone it down to show its not and that is quite evident by how you go from angry and quick tempered to then and attempt at sounding intelligent then only to try and show pit? Keep on keepin' on fellas.

    Good day, sirs.
    Last edited by TLS_Addict; 10-28-2012 at 10:25 AM.

  17. #117
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Dang multiple post. Sorry 'bout that.
    Last edited by TLS_Addict; 10-28-2012 at 10:25 AM.

  18. #118
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28 View Post
    Click on it and read the tag.
    Okay, "cool starry braw"

    I'm guessing you like that post or something? Sorry I'm not quite getting it, but you're speaking to an old man here, I'm not up to speed on all the hip jive talk you youngin's bring in here

  19. #119
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Hey TLS, I think you hit the send key too many times. Relax, calm down, and focus

  20. #120
    Junior Member Mystic Z-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    73

    Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Okay, "cool starry braw"

    I'm guessing you like that post or something? Sorry I'm not quite getting it, but you're speaking to an old man here, I'm not up to speed on all the hip jive talk you youngin's bring in here
    ''Cool story, bro''. Do you see the resemblance?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 Boss 302 goes down!..
    By Nightmare00 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 05:39 AM
  2. 2000 Camaro Z28 A4 vs 2013 5.0 A6 - REMATCH!
    By Mystic Z-28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 04:57 AM
  3. T/A Nationals 2013
    By LimeNine in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 05:40 PM
  4. LS1 Calender 2013
    By SOMTRANSAM in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 01:57 PM
  5. 2013 Corvette!!!
    By 10spokess in forum Corvette
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 12:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •