Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 132
Like Tree7Likes

2013 5.0 A6 vs 2000 Z28 A4 **VID**

This is a discussion on 2013 5.0 A6 vs 2000 Z28 A4 **VID** within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS That is the reason I own 2 Impala's Originally Posted by TLS_Addict You own how many ...

  1. #41
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    That is the reason I own 2 Impala's
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    You own how many Impalas? lol
    See above.

  2. #42
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    No offense........people who take up more than 1 spot are asking for trouble.

  3. #43
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    I don't think so. It's unfortunate we live in a society that forces people like myself to double park to protect my investments.
    When I double park, it's usually way out where no one wants to park anyway. No harm no foul. Any pansy ass that thinks they need to damage someones car (mine in particular) just because I'm double parked will get a Glock shoved up their ass

    That's just pure jelousy or hatred (not sure which). You just don't mess with someone elses property, no need for it. If people were mindfull of what they were doing in the first place it wouldn't be necessary to double park.

    People that don't like it? Tough shit. Sorry to be blunt but that's how I feel. Owning several classic cars and restoring them for a living helps me to understand this more than others. I don't think some of us want to redo a $20,000 paint job

    99% of the time I always park where I can keep an eye on it as well, they never leave my site. I also prefer a corner spot surrounded by concrete curbs if at all possible. If I can't find a suitable parking spot,,,then the wife goes in and I stay with the car, it's just that simple. Sad to go through life that way, but can't trust people anymore.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-18-2012 at 05:31 PM.

  4. #44
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't think so. It's unfortunate we live in a society that forces people like myself to double park to protect my investments.
    When I double park, it's usually way out where no one wants to park anyway. No harm no foul. Any pansy ass that thinks they need to damage someones car (mine in particular) just because I'm double parked will get a Glock shoved up their ass
    You would not.....you would end up in jail and you know it. lol That is so laughable its not even funny.

    You are not forced to double park. Does someone sit there and say "You MUST double park that car!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That's just pure jelousy or hatred (not sure which). You just don't mess with someone elses property, no need for it. If people were mindfull of what they were doing in the first place it wouldn't be necessary to double park.

    People that don't like it? Tough shit. Sorry to be blunt but that's how I feel. Owning several classic cars and restoring them for a living helps me to understand this more than others. I don't think some of us want to redo a $20,000 paint job
    You dont deserve two spots. Park correctly. People are asking for trouble when they take up more than one spot.

    You can feel any way you want but dont think you are alone JUST because you restore cars. Your expensive restored car deserves no special treatment than someones $500 car. Its wrong to fuck with anyones car. You take more than one spot and you are asking for trouble.

    Taking up more than 1 spot is rude as shit regardless of where you park.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    99% of the time I always park where I can keep an eye on it as well, they never leave my site. I also prefer a corner spot surrounded by concrete curbs if at all possible. If I can't find a suitable parking spot,,,then the wife goes in and I stay with the car, it's just that simple. Sad to go through life that way, but can't trust people anymore.
    I dont blame you for being protective but taking more than one spot is not a good idea. Making yourself stand out and it says "My car is special that it needs more than one spot.

  5. #45
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,545

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    So from what I am gathering, Dan doesn't like when people double park. I'm gonna double park all weekend just to piss him off!!

  6. #46
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Actually I would TLS, not the first time I've been in jail

    I think you completely misunderstood me. I actually am forced to double park, due to the society we live in. Just too many people out there that simply don't care. Since most of the cars I drive are a better investment than a 401K, naturally I will do what's necessary to keep them in the shape they are in. To compare them to someones $500 car isn't even on the same page, Now that is laughable.

    That's not to say that I drive them to potentially problematic areas where it's crowded, or the getto etc..., because I generally don't.

    You don't think I deserve two spots? Tough. Don't care. I'll park how I feel necessary if I have to. Anyone feels the need to purposely destroy my property as you insinuate, will be sucking their next meal through a straw. If someone wants to admire the car and talk, fine, I'll chew their ear off and talk all day. It's my hobby, my work, my passion. I know I'm not alone, plenty of car buffs around here that do the same. Not only that, but I find alot of people that don't care how I park and want to come up and shoot the breeze about cars.

    I'm not an asshole, but I will protect what is mine. I think anyone would.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-18-2012 at 06:10 PM.

  7. #47
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    So from what I am gathering, Dan doesn't like when people double park. I'm gonna double park all weekend just to piss him off!!
    Oh well. Some people just don't "get it". Maybe some day Dan will own a 6 figure car that he poored his heart and soul in and then he'll "get it"

  8. #48
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    If people would learn to drive and not hit my car with their doors I would not take up more than one space. It is people like that, that cause people to take up more than one space. So I would rather take up more than one spot and my car to be damage free than not and some stupid fuck hits my car with their car door and goes "oh well". I have started taking pictures of the cars and their license plates around my car and my car before I go into a store.

    I try not to double or quadro park but at Wal-mart I do because most of the people who shop there don't give a shit for other peoples' personal property. I pretty much only park in multiple spots at Wal-mart or other stores that the majority of the people are the same way.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

  9. #49
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    And it now should start to become clear why you don't see cars like this out that often or why they are tucked away in a garage and seldom driven.

    Then you get the people who say,, "oh it's a trailer queen" or,,,"what good is it if you don't drive it" Blah blah blah.

    Now it all starts to make sense

    As far as our 4th gen goes, I really couldn't care much less. I have a fair amount of money tied up in the drivetrain, but I won't paint it. I keep it clean and presentable, but it's a driver and that's what it's meant to do. Not worth much money so it's replaceable, and the drivetrain can be swapped into something else, so that's where my investment lies in that car.

    But we should probably get this thread back on course, (not that it was going anywhere though)

    Okay,,,,$50 on the 5.0 best two out of three?

  10. #50
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    If people would learn to drive and not hit my car with their doors I would not take up more than one space. It is people like that, that cause people to take up more than one space. So I would rather take up more than one spot and my car to be damage free than not and some stupid fuck hits my car with their car door and goes "oh well". I have started taking pictures of the cars and their license plates around my car and my car before I go into a store.

    I try not to double or quadro park but at Wal-mart I do because most of the people who shop there don't give a shit for other peoples' personal property. I pretty much only park in multiple spots at Wal-mart or other stores that the majority of the people are the same way.
    Hey, another guy that "gets it" I (like others) completely understand.

  11. #51
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Actually I would TLS, not the first time I've been in jail

    I think you completely misunderstood me. I actually am forced to double park, due to the society we live in. Just too many people out there that simply don't care. Since most of the cars I drive are a better investment than a 401K, naturally I will do what's necessary to keep them in the shape they are in. To compare them to someones $500 car isn't even on the same page, Now that is laughable.

    That's not to say that I drive them to potentially problematic areas where it's crowded, or the getto etc..., because I generally don't.

    You don't think I deserve two spots? Tough. Don't care. I'll park how I feel necessary if I have to. Anyone feels the need to purposely destroy my property as you insinuate, will be sucking their next meal through a straw. If someone wants to admire the car and talk, fine, I'll chew their ear off and talk all day. It's my hobby, my work, my passion. I know I'm not alone, plenty of car buffs around here that do the same. Not only that, but I find alot of people that don't care how I park and want to come up and shoot the breeze about cars.

    I'm not an asshole, but I will protect what is mine. I think anyone would.
    You talk so much shit. lol You went from shooting someone to now busting their jaw. Give me a break. haha

    If you think your cars are better than a 401k you are way off base. Unless you have very small amounts of funds in a car you wont make out well. Your 6 figure cars are not costing yo 10k to produce so your margine is shit if you try to sell it.

    Sorry, if you put 100k in to a car and keep it for 10 years and sell it for 100k you lost money. Time, money value as well as opportunity cost, inflation, and the further diminishing value of the dollar against other currency. Put in 100k to get that out in 10 years is a huge loss.

    If you park and can see your car there is no reason for you to double park. You can watch your "100k" in one spot.

    It doesnt matter how much a car cost. ITs the same amount of disrespect if its a $500 car or a $10,000 car or a $100,000 car. Nobody has the right to touch my shit but I sure wont go to jail over them doing it. If you do you are a fucking moron. Compromise your future over something that the insurance will pay to have fixed? Yeah....very smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    So from what I am gathering, Dan doesn't like when people double park. I'm gonna double park all weekend just to piss him off!!
    I dont give a shit what people do but by taking more than 1 spot you invite trouble. Lowlifes think that you think you are better than them and they are more prone to fucking with your car. Why give them a reason? You already have a car they want, why make them want to fuck with your shit even more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Oh well. Some people just don't "get it". Maybe some day Dan will own a 6 figure car that he poored his heart and soul in and then he'll "get it"
    I do get it, dont be a dick. I have hit people for less than what you just said to me.

    Lets see these "100k" cars. Did you value them, can you sell them today for that price, did you factor in your labor (sorry people dont give a shit about your labor)? Is your car a very liquid asset? Does your insurance company have them valued at 100k? If so, lets see the proof.

    Perhaps I should slow down. I dont want you to have to using google for half the things I have mentioned.


    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    If people would learn to drive and not hit my car with their doors I would not take up more than one space. It is people like that, that cause people to take up more than one space. So I would rather take up more than one spot and my car to be damage free than not and some stupid fuck hits my car with their car door and goes "oh well". I have started taking pictures of the cars and their license plates around my car and my car before I go into a store.

    I try not to double or quadro park but at Wal-mart I do because most of the people who shop there don't give a shit for other peoples' personal property. I pretty much only park in multiple spots at Wal-mart or other stores that the majority of the people are the same way.
    You are right. People dont give a shit. They are piles of trash. Giving them a reason to fuck with your car is not needed. Taking up more than one spot tells them that you are a dick (its how they see it...put yourself in their state of mind) and because you take up more than one spot they WILL fuck with you more because they feel intimidated and like you are putting yourself above them.

  12. #52
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hey, another guy that "gets it" I (like others) completely understand.
    Why do you say I dont get it?

    You are right, I dont have a 100k car. I have a whopping 52k car.

    I take my car to Walmart and dont have any issues. I park away from people and take up one spot. I park where people in other businesses can se my car. Its because I am not trying to draw attention to myself but so that I can use the eyes of others to watch my car.

    I do get it, I just dont get why you think you are special.

  13. #53
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,545

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    ^^ What the F is that?!?!

  14. #54
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Oh well poor feller. This must really be bothering you.

    Yes they are appraised and insured, thanks.

    Carefull, tread lightly. Resorting to name calling isn't tollerated here.


    So common, $50 on the mustang? Anyone?

  15. #55
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,545

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    I'm gonna take up 2 spots at the titty ranch tomorrow night with Dan. It wont be because I don't want my doors dented it will be because i will be to drunk to pull into only 1 spot.

  16. #56
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Trouble maker

    You're going to be labeled as special, ya know.

  17. #57
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,545

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax


  18. #58
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Oh well poor feller. This must really be bothering you.

    Yes they are appraised and insured, thanks.

    Carefull, tread lightly. Resorting to name calling isn't tollerated here.


    So common, $50 on the mustang? Anyone?
    Actually, it doesnt bother me. I actually get off on guys like you going on and on about how you have to do this or that with your vehicles because they are so special. Also, buddy (thats not a bad name).....insurance is a value that 99.9999999% of the time you cant sell a car for. Meaning your cars are not liquid meaning that you wont get that for them without setting on them for a long time. And selling 100k car today is more than 110k for car in two years. But thats math that I dont feel like having to explain to you at this time. Because you wont "Get it" as you so put it. lol

    My house is insured for 237k and another 39k for my 2nd garage. Does that mean I can sell them for that? Nope. lol Good luck with your "investments". haha Even at a 20% gain from your initial investment over say 10 years you have lost money. But you are smarter than people who work with investments. lol Unless you bought said cars for their original purchase price and have no other expenses related to the cars you are losing money.

    Name calling shouldnt be tolerated. However, carefull.....your lack of comprehension is only overshadowed by your want and need for attention to be drawn to your 100k cars. I never called you a name. I said dont be something, that is NOT calling you anything. And I didnt call you special either.......so again, comprehend what I said and not what you read over quickly.

    Its a wonder you are scared that people will mess with your cars. You give them good reason.

  19. #59
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    I will put more than $50 on the 5.0.....lol

    Not digging this whipped vodka. Can it go bad? Mixed it with rootbeer and it tastes "funny".

  20. #60
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Actually, it doesnt bother me. I actually get off on guys like you going on and on about how you have to do this or that with your vehicles because they are so special. Also, buddy (thats not a bad name).....insurance is a value that 99.9999999% of the time you cant sell a car for. Meaning your cars are not liquid meaning that you wont get that for them without setting on them for a long time. And selling 100k car today is more than 110k for car in two years. But thats math that I dont feel like having to explain to you at this time. Because you wont "Get it" as you so put it. lol

    My house is insured for 237k and another 39k for my 2nd garage. Does that mean I can sell them for that? Nope. lol Good luck with your "investments". haha Even at a 20% gain from your initial investment over say 10 years you have lost money. But you are smarter than people who work with investments. lol Unless you bought said cars for their original purchase price and have no other expenses related to the cars you are losing money.

    Name calling shouldnt be tolerated. However, carefull.....your lack of comprehension is only overshadowed by your want and need for attention to be drawn to your 100k cars. I never called you a name. I said dont be something, that is NOT calling you anything. And I didnt call you special either.......so again, comprehend what I said and not what you read over quickly.

    Its a wonder you are scared that people will mess with your cars. You give them good reason.
    You're way out there.

    I need to run to the store, I might double park.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 Boss 302 goes down!..
    By Nightmare00 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 05:39 AM
  2. 2000 Camaro Z28 A4 vs 2013 5.0 A6 - REMATCH!
    By Mystic Z-28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 04:57 AM
  3. T/A Nationals 2013
    By LimeNine in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 05:40 PM
  4. LS1 Calender 2013
    By SOMTRANSAM in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 01:57 PM
  5. 2013 Corvette!!!
    By 10spokess in forum Corvette
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 12:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •