White
    01 Camaro 6speed

2011 LS3 Vette(auto) vs 2001 Camaro Z28(manual)

Well i had a friend take out the Vette and i drove my camaro and hit the highway. The race was from 50mph to about 120-125 and i got beat by 1 to 1 1/2 lengths. I was shocked as to how quick i pulled at the begining and the vette seemed like it was a couple of miles an hour faster coming back. One race i started in 4th and he was in 3rd because i kept spinning bad when i would hit it in 3rd but starting in 4th was a disaster and the vette pulled immediatly.

Everytime i would shift from 3rd to 4th i would get pulled on and did alot better going from 4th to 5th but was barely in 5th long enough. I was expecting to get beat bad meaning 50-125 by 4-5 cars easy and was a bit suprised i was able to keep up a bit but in the end it didnt matter i got beat and didnt have enough. The LS3 is seriously a fast car and got much respect for it.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice runs! When i get my 3:73's and frost tune i plan on racing my buds 09 ls3 A6 vette and hopefully will get it on video. again, nice runs. Not bad getting beat when its like that lol

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks 02sunsetorangeZ, with the 3.73's you'll probably do alot better then i did and ya for sure get it on vid, he was trying to get it on his iphone but even it being an auto he said it was too difficult to hold on and video the same time, he is use to driving a G37 and this was not his car and said its too fast to concentrate on the road and video. Either way as soon as i have to shift to 4th the vette would be at the top of his 3rd and i fall back bad during the shift, not to mention i spin when i shift from 3rd to 4th. The vette cost more for many reasons it just puts its power down much better and it being a LS3 just has more power. I was expecting to lose pretty bad and was not at all suprised by the loss. I was just seeing how bad i would lose mainly.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Yea, they are very respectable cars, extremely powerful, there redline probably helps out a lot when your shifting.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Nice death. The new vettes are no joke. The LS3 is a solid motor. Props to keeping up with it, you have a nice camaro.
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

were ya spraying him?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

LOL i wish i was spraying him, he wouldnt stand a chance. He said in the end its a good thing i didnt have my nitrous installed yet. The race against him modivated me more to work harder to make good money this pay period and get that installed.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks, dennis ss. I still got a long way to go for it too look decent and apparently need more power but ill sit on my broke a** for now till i get more money.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    LOL i wish i was spraying him, he wouldnt stand a chance. He said in the end its a good thing i didnt have my nitrous installed yet. The race against him modivated me more to work harder to make good money this pay period and get that installed.
    i was hoping that you werent lol cause if you were that would have been bad

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Yeah an a6 ls3 with t/c off will break the ass end loose with minimal effort at even 55 or 60mph. Not to mention the 6l80 can shift very fast, almost like a power shift.

Nice death

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

+1 for the 6L80E
    i loves that transmission.

good death!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ive driven them several times when that thing shifts into the next gear it just shoots you forward. One of the races i got a slight jump on him he said it was the same as a 3 honk but i left on 2 and pulled him bad. I wasnt sure if i wanted to go into 5th or not and did a lazy shift into 5th and didnt go in all the way and once i got it in 5th i can see him gaining on me fast.

Another race i started in 4th and paid big time for it because that car just takes off on the highway, he said it would chirp the tires sometimes when it downshifted. I think its really the only car i would drive in auto because to me it feels like almost any speed you hit the gas it has good acceleration just minor spots of lag but thats all. The only complaint i have is the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, dont like the way they function but its a small complaint.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    ive driven them several times when that thing shifts into the next gear it just shoots you forward. One of the races i got a slight jump on him he said it was the same as a 3 honk but i left on 2 and pulled him bad. I wasnt sure if i wanted to go into 5th or not and did a lazy shift into 5th and didnt go in all the way and once i got it in 5th i can see him gaining on me fast.

Another race i started in 4th and paid big time for it because that car just takes off on the highway, he said it would chirp the tires sometimes when it downshifted. I think its really the only car i would drive in auto because to me it feels like almost any speed you hit the gas it has good acceleration just minor spots of lag but thats all. The only complaint i have is the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, dont like the way they function but its a small complaint.

G8 gt and g8 gxp's shift the same way too, can also be said about the l99 camaros

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Good race, nice death. There's really no bad way to lose against a Vette, it is a Vette after all. Props for having the balls to go up against one.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks robcas47

Thread Information