Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

2011 GT 5.0....Finally raced one

Okay so me and my girl are leavin the mall and as we're leaving I spot a new 5.0 in the back of the lot all by itself and some dude and girl walking towards it. I assumed it was his so I gave a little rev as I passed. I look back and the unlock lights turn on so it was his. I go on my merry way home hoping I'll catch up with one on the streets.
    About a mile away from the mall now I get stopped at the lights and I'm talking with my gf about somethin (lol, she says I never listen) and up pulls that mustang. Now in my head I'm thinking how effin perfect. I never race with anyone else in my car and very seldom on the streets. I see the cross traffic lights turn red so I await the green just waiting to see if he'll go.
    He gives quite a bit of gas to drive normally so I kinda match his rpm's just to start and he and I gunned it in perfect harmony....We're reaching about mid 1st and we're neck and neck he shifts I gain about a fender shift into second and he's right there in the same spot I get higher into second and it's just matched so evenly I maybe started to inch. I get to the top of second and I come back to reality and start to slow down again.
    We both hit the double turning lane. I roll down my window throw up a thumb and I see him through his tint do the same and we went onto our own ways.

The outcome was just how I dreamed it. I am so close to them with what I've done but I'm still impressed for a stock car.
    I'll mark it down as a KILL

I have Texas speed headers, TSP ORY, Magnaflow Catback, Lid, TB bipass, and....SFC's lol I forget the smaller stuff....
    358.5rwhp/ 369.7rwtq 3600lbs race weight---BOTH measured last year and since I've thrown on about 10k miles.

OOOOO yea. I'm very pleased guys

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

nice! it's amazing what headers and a y pipe can do

It would be interesting to what 3rd would have done, that is where these cars shine.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    It would be interesting to what 3rd would have done, that is where these cars shine.
    I was so disappointed when I saw that they didn't hit third

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    Okay so me and my girl are leavin the mall and as we're leaving I spot a new 5.0 in the back of the lot all by itself and some dude and girl walking towards it. I assumed it was his so I gave a little rev as I passed. I look back and the unlock lights turn on so it was his. I go on my merry way home hoping I'll catch up with one on the streets.
    About a mile away from the mall now I get stopped at the lights and I'm talking with my gf about somethin (lol, she says I never listen) and up pulls that mustang. Now in my head I'm thinking how effin perfect. I never race with anyone else in my car and very seldom on the streets. I see the cross traffic lights turn red so I await the green just waiting to see if he'll go.
    He gives quite a bit of gas to drive normally so I kinda match his rpm's just to start and he and I gunned it in perfect harmony....We're reaching about mid 1st and we're neck and neck he shifts I gain about a fender shift into second and he's right there in the same spot I get higher into second and it's just matched so evenly I maybe started to inch. I get to the top of second and I come back to reality and start to slow down again.
    We both hit the double turning lane. I roll down my window throw up a thumb and I see him through his tint do the same and we went onto our own ways.

The outcome was just how I dreamed it. I am so close to them with what I've done but I'm still impressed for a stock car.

I have Texas speed headers, TSP ORY, Magnaflow Catback, Lid, TB bipass, and....SFC's lol I forget the smaller stuff....
    358.5rwhp/ 369.7rwtq 3600lbs race weight---BOTH measured last year and since I've thrown on about 10k miles.

Always nice to hear about the mustang gettin shut down.!!!! But as I haven't done any real performance mods to mine,,, YET...... some of abbreviations for the mods you've done elude me. What is " tsp. ory and sfc " and maybe some others I've seen but can't thing of right now ???. I know how dumb this sounds, I haven't been on this site for too long but it sure has been a God send so far !

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Ory= Off Road Y-pipe...sfc=Sub Frame Connectors...tsp=Texas Speed & Performance I think.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Good kill.those new 'stangs are plenty quick
    Posted via Mobile Device

2 gears aint a kill

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    I was so disappointed when I saw that they didn't hit third
    No doubt !

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

+1.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    2 gears aint a kill
    kill to me. At the track i get to 3 so....yea third gear is great but we were runnin out of straight road

silver
    2002 ws6

My girl and I....

SILVER
    1999 Pontiac Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    My girl and I....
    Lol.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

My girl and I....

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

So is this really considered a kill? or just a start of a race that you guys didnt get to finish??

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

I cant wait to smoke one..... ive only seen one so far and i was in my work truck!.. thats usually how it goes... :/

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

NICE KILL. i bet it would have even been a little worse for him if you didnt have a passenger

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

My girl and I....
    U always contribute so much to the board. I didn't think they taught proper grammar n Canadia

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Nice run OP. I fingered u woulda shoulda pulled more with ur rwhp. Did he have exhaust or anything?

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    Nice run OP. I fingered u woulda shoulda pulled more with ur rwhp. Did he have exhaust or anything?
    Well I hear theyre rated at 377-395 Rwhp with the same weight (3600 lbs)
    Can't confirm just yet but as far as his exhaust, I assume it's stock because of how new the 5-o's are but it sounded absolutely godly. One of the best exhausts I've ever heard

Oh and I don't understand why there are haters, I raced it, thought I'd share. If you wanna do a run with 3rd gear go hunt one down and tell us about it. If I was the type of guy who races anywhere anytime without concern of laws and lives I would have but I didn't. I had my fun with the 2 gears and will keep it as a kill
    Last edited by blackbird0230; 03-27-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information