Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85

2010 SS vs bolt on 02 WS6

This is a discussion on 2010 SS vs bolt on 02 WS6 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Here is a video I found. LS1 power is still amazing....

  1. #1

    2010 SS vs bolt on 02 WS6

    Here is a video I found. LS1 power is still amazing.

  2. #2
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    Damn nice runs...

  3. #3
    wish that 10 was a 6 speed.

  4. #4
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Considering the new camaro was the auto version with 400 HP it's about what I would have expected.

    Guy in the TA didn't utilize his MT ET streets though (as it said in the begining) he came out slipping the clutch like he had stock rubber on there.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Considering the new camaro was the auto version with 400 HP it's about what I would have expected.

    Guy in the TA didn't utilize his MT ET streets though (as it said in the begining) he came out slipping the clutch like he had stock rubber on there.
    So the auto is 400 and the 6 speed is 426?

  6. #6
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    So the auto is 400 and the 6 speed is 426?
    Something like that.

  7. #7
    The 426 6 speed probably would have been extremely close then. That ls1 is probably making close to 400 with alot less weight.

  8. #8
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    the 1ss I believe at 400 6spd or auto then the 2ss are the 426hp is what I come to understand. Either way I expected to see the t/a wax that ass haha, just to prove that gm is overrating their damn cars, even ford is overrating their cars in the hp now. I believe they are doing that to sell them better. I remember reading some stuff about the c6 z06 they took a stock one and dyno'd it, even with the 6spd, it only put down on the dyno 416 horsepower to the wheels I believe it was. The gt500 didnt do so hot either it was in the low 400 its self.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Bigdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St Charles, Mo.
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35

    Red
    02 35th Ann.SS Camaro

    I'm looking at getting a new SS. Maybe that one wasn't broken in yet


    2002 35th LE Auto
    SLP edition
    Lid/exhaust/bellows/Filter/cam/tune
    American Racing Longtubes

    2006 Harley Dyna Lowrider- Cammed/piped
    2009 Silverdado Z71

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    I'm looking at getting a new SS. Maybe that one wasn't broken in yet
    I really dont like how they look. Too big and heavy for my taste. I hope the z28 looks better and has that super charged caddy motor. Those 13.0 times really dont impress me seeing how alot of stock ls1s can hit that.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I really dont like how they look. Too big and heavy for my taste. I hope the z28 looks better and has that super charged caddy motor. Those 13.0 times really dont impress me seeing how alot of stock ls1s can hit that.

    Most stock ls1s dont run 13.0 especially autos. The 426hp manual well hit 12.7s-12.8s once people start learning to drive them.

    The 6 speed manual is the 426hp ls3 and the 6 speed auto is a l99 400hp engine.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Most stock ls1s dont run 13.0 especially autos. The 426hp manual well hit 12.7s-12.8s once people start learning to drive them.

    The 6 speed manual is the 426hp ls3 and the 6 speed auto is a l99 400hp engine.
    Yeah but still there have been 12.8 second ls1 cars. For me to spend 30k on an ss it would have to be running 12.0's all day.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,083

    SOM
    2002 SS

    They're not overrated they're just very heavy. Weight kills everything.

  14. #14
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Considering the new camaro was the auto version with 400 HP it's about what I would have expected.

    Guy in the TA didn't utilize his MT ET streets though (as it said in the begining) he came out slipping the clutch like he had stock rubber on there.
    just taking it easy on the diff--- losing a length on the street is worth not having to fix anything.

    but if i lost the first race you bet i would have launched it harder!

  15. #15
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    just taking it easy on the diff--- losing a length on the street is worth not having to fix anything.

    but if i lost the first race you bet i would have launched it harder!
    Probably, just makes the stickies useless though. Why bother to put them on if you are afraid to hammer on the car???
    Just my thoughts on it. As easy as he came out, a regular street tire would have held the car

  16. #16
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    the 1ss I believe at 400 6spd or auto then the 2ss are the 426hp is what I come to understand. Either way I expected to see the t/a wax that ass haha, just to prove that gm is overrating their damn cars, even ford is overrating their cars in the hp now. I believe they are doing that to sell them better. I remember reading some stuff about the c6 z06 they took a stock one and dyno'd it, even with the 6spd, it only put down on the dyno 416 horsepower to the wheels I believe it was. The gt500 didnt do so hot either it was in the low 400 its self.
    GM isn't over rating their cars,,,,if anything, they are probably closer to being spot on.

    What GM did do is UNDER RATE the LS1, as it has been shown a few times on the engine dyno that they make in the neighborhood of 400 hp at the flywheel in stock trim, which is why you see stockers put down 300+ at the wheels all the time.

    Your C6 ZO6 comparison is also probably near spot on, as it's rated at 505 HP at the flywheel, by the time you figure in any drivetrain losses of 15% or so, plus the fact that every dyno is a bit different so there is a percentage of fudge factor there,,,it looks about right to me.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 08-24-2009 at 04:58 PM.

  17. #17
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Yeah but still there have been 12.8 second ls1 cars. For me to spend 30k on an ss it would have to be running 12.0's all day.
    Well that's about what people were spending for 4th gens when they were new The majority of which were mid to high 13 second cars.

  18. #18
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Probably, just makes the stickies useless though. Why bother to put them on if you are afraid to hammer on the car???
    Just my thoughts on it. As easy as he came out, a regular street tire would have held the car
    i had bfg kdw's on it before--- they were like spinning on ice.

    plus half the "riding the clutch" you hear in the video is the clutch slipping trying to keep up to the tires

  19. #19
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i had bfg kdw's on it before--- they were like spinning on ice.

    plus half the "riding the clutch" you hear in the video is the clutch slipping trying to keep up to the tires
    I run BFG KDWS' (mud and snow version) on mine and cut 1.93 60 foot times with relative ease. I don't even air them down, as a matter of fact, I found they work best with more air.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well that's about what people were spending for 4th gens when they were new The majority of which were mid to high 13 second cars.
    That was then, this is now. The new ones SHOULD be able to spank a car that is over a decade old... I would think hahaha. IMO the difference should be like comparing an l98 to an ls1.
    Last edited by Mike0202; 08-24-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2010 Ford Saleen Mustang - Ponycar
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
  2. 2011 Mustang V-6 vs 2010 Genesis Coupe vs 2010 Cam
    By trev0006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 09:02 PM
  3. 2010 Camaro Performance Parts - New Camaro Bolt-On
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:50 PM
  4. 2010 Chevy Camaro V6 LT vs 2010 Hyundai Genesis Co
    By trev0006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
  5. Center bolt to Perimeter bolt Heads, Coil Mounting help
    By juiced99ws6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 12:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •