Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 89 of 89

2004 Cobra w/mods Vs. R34 Skyline w/mods

This is a discussion on 2004 Cobra w/mods Vs. R34 Skyline w/mods within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Wesman Of course it did, he was RACING. Therefore he kept the car in the powerband, where ...

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Of course it did, he was RACING. Therefore he kept the car in the powerband, where its making that claimed 500+HP.

    The problem is all these ricers always claim their cars are "daily driven" and the like. Well I'm telling you right now, from personal experience, that NO 570WHP 3.0L Inline 6 is going to make a good street car, period. Once again, its GUTLESS, because its not going to have any power or torque below where the turbo spools up. With low compression and a turbo that size, you're taking about a car that has no balls until you're up around 4000 or 5000RPM, and thats where the power just starts to come on.

    That is what you're not understanding. I didn't doubt his peak numbers, but there's more to engines than just what they make for peak power. You want a linear power curve with a nice fat, level torque curve. Not a flatlined graph that all of a sudden jumps up to some ridiculous number halfway through the RPM range, thats useless on the street.
    I understand what you are saying, i drove my 87 supra with 517whp all over during summer months, guess what it had a inline 6 3 liter, pt67 93 octane spooled hard at 3800rpms not pushing the turbo or the tune. With a stroker motor and bigger exhaust it would have spooled even faster and with obviously more power. What your not understand is your wrong. These engines can spool decent size turbos pretty well, and 650whp isnt unheard of in a car with a streetable turbo. I just think its funny when you tell me i dont understand when i have owned and driven around for thousands of miles what you claim isnt a streetable car.

    Obviously bigger engines make more power down low, spool turbos faster and what not. But its not like 3.0 6s cant still amke decent power at decent drivable rpms. Horse power freaks m3 kits make anywhere from 500whp to 1000whp and there are tons of videos of there cars driving around on the streets just fine.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-31-2009 at 08:42 AM.

  2. #82
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Since you say it is gutless then post your dyno sheet up so we can all laugh and see who is really gutless... Run what you brung!

    So lets see the big torque numbers wes.
    1993 Eagle Talon
    2008 Caliber SRT-4




    Stop wasting space.

  3. #83
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I understand what you are saying, i drove my 87 supra with 517whp all over during summer months, guess what it had a inline 6 3 liter, pt67 93 octane spooled hard at 3800rpms not pushing the turbo or the tune. With a stroker motor and bigger exhaust it would have spooled even faster and with obviously more power. What your not understand is your wrong. These engines can spool decent size turbos pretty well, and 650whp isnt unheard of in a car with a streetable turbo. I just think its funny when you tell me i dont understand when i have owned and driven around for thousands of miles what you claim isnt a streetable car.

    Obviously bigger engines make more power down low, spool turbos faster and what not. But its not like 3.0 6s cant still amke decent power at decent drivable rpms. Horse power freaks m3 kits make anywhere from 500whp to 1000whp and there are tons of videos of there cars driving around on the streets just fine.
    You obviously don't understand that you're telling me nothing. I base my posts of first hand experience and numbers, not what someone like you claims. Obviously you're biased, you OWNED the car and you're not going to bash it even if it was undriveable.

    You say your turbo spooled at 3800RPM's?? So below that RPM, you're driving a low compression 3.0 Liter straight 6 with a short runner exhaust manifold and a huge restriction in the exhaust known as a turbocharger. Thats a recipe for NO low end power or torque. Stop argueing with basic engine principles just because your skewed view is different from the reality.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You obviously don't understand that you're telling me nothing. I base my posts of first hand experience and numbers, not what someone like you claims. Obviously you're biased, you OWNED the car and you're not going to bash it even if it was undriveable.

    You say your turbo spooled at 3800RPM's?? So below that RPM, you're driving a low compression 3.0 Liter straight 6 with a short runner exhaust manifold and a huge restriction in the exhaust known as a turbocharger. Thats a recipe for NO low end power or torque. Stop argueing with basic engine principles just because your skewed view is different from the reality.
    Yes but as you said early when your racing your above that rpm. So im spooled just fine, anyway when driving around the car was great, even from slow accel stop lights. I drove it in rush hour traffic to and from work, im not saying i was as nice as my cam/bolt on T/A at the time. But def no where even close to as bad as you make it sound. Did its job great even below that low rpm in stop and go.

    Im not as biased as you think, if a car i owned sucked i will say so, i will never own a DSM again, i will never own another nissan truck no matter how many people say there cool. But the 87 supra i built was a great car that did everything i needed it too. You wanna call me biased just remember 1 thing. Your the guy who calls 9 and 10 second cars gutless because they have a turbo and a non v8 engine. And there owners ricer fools when they know more about racing and building cars than you likely ever will.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-31-2009 at 01:38 PM.

  5. #85
    Member jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    186

    2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    1993 Eagle Talon
    2008 Caliber SRT-4




    Stop wasting space.
    Any time you want to run wes. You forgot my Z28 too funny.

    Oh I forgot that you only talk you never race, just like every time someone calls you out

    Lost again. Another thing wes I am not bragging about big torque numbers like you and now that you don't got enough you want to bash typical.
    Last edited by jomo; 08-31-2009 at 03:34 PM.

  6. #86
    Junior Member +stroker ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    24

    Talon awd
    1971 cuda/2000 Z28 6spd

    Wesman calling some one biased that is like hitler calling some one anti semitic.

  7. #87
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by +stroker ace View Post
    Wesman calling some one biased that is like hitler calling some one anti semitic.
    No shiat!

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You obviously don't understand that you're telling me nothing. I base my posts of first hand experience and numbers, not what someone like you claims. Obviously you're biased, you OWNED the car and you're not going to bash it even if it was undriveable.
    Irony at it's finest. Talking about bias are we?

  9. #89
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    as usual wesman enters and i lock.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. C6 ZO6-H/C Vs. 2004 Cobra Eaton (Video)
    By Packy in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 12:33 PM
  2. 15 Cheap Mods - 15 No-Buck And Low-Buck Mods
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 05:20 PM
  3. For Sale: 2004 turbo cobra
    By fastrthanurs in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
  4. $2000 on suspension mods or on motor mods??
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 07:04 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •