Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

2004 Cobra w/mods Vs. R34 Skyline w/mods

So I hung out with the Skyline crew again today and got a few runs in with an R34. The other R32 from last time has spun a rod bearing so he could not play again. The R34 is here is no slouch! I got him once but he pulled me by a half a car two other times that my camera man didn't get... Seriously, the cameraman is a Skyline guy and he managed to get the one where he pulls me in third and I pull him in fourth which is bizarre! Then the other two runs where he pulled a half a car and held it through both gears he missed. I don't know what is really done to this one but it has a fully forged and built motor, aftermarket turbos and all of the supporting mods... I am not sure which kind of turbo's they told me but I forgot. We both had a passenger. I had a man and he had his wife. I will also enclose a few pics for you to see their shop and how serious they are into these things! Good times!
    Vid:
    Video from the rear...

R34:

R32:

Shop car:

Others:
    Last edited by Packy; 08-23-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

WOW!! Nice ass cars
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Yeah I know! I was very impressed!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Whats your Cobra putting down for power/torque?

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Whats your Cobra putting down for power/torque?
    571 rwhp and 520 ft/lbs That car is a lot lighter too and makes just a bit less than mine does...

I have a 3.0" pulley waiting to go on soon. I just have to get the tune first...
    Last edited by Packy; 08-22-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    571 rwhp and 520 ft/lbs That car is a lot lighter too and makes just a bit less than mine does...

I have a 3.0" pulley waiting to go on soon. I just have to get the tune first...
    HOLY SHIT!!! Makes my 420 rwhp or so, look like shit

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Video from the rear...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Could tell when you both got on it....started pulling away like they were standing still.

silver
    2002 ws6

rice

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    rice
    You may wanna read up on the GTR's a little more thoroughly... Althought they are made in Japan they are very fast and extremely great at handling as well! They put our F-bodies to shame in build quality and performance alone.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

If I was at that shop, they would have needed to mop up afterward...Your stang and those skylines are badass.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Let's switch jobs for a while Packy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    rice
    Don't think so... Yet another fantastic car with a bad reputation.

You may wanna read up on the GTR's a little more thoroughly... Althought they are made in Japan they are very fast and extremely great at handling as well! They put our F-bodies to shame in build quality and performance alone.
    +1

About the only thing that's good on an F-body is the LS1 under the food, and the styling of the body. Everything else is rubbish.... but that's my opinion from owning one.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I don't know if that would be the greatest idea..... I will go out on a limb and say that he has the most dangerous/hardest job on this board. If not, very very close.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Ha ha ha! Sure thing. I just hope the superiors won't mind it when we glue our pictures over the top of each others ID temporarily... It's alot of fun here trust me!

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    If I was at that shop, they would have needed to mop up afterward...Your stang and those skylines are badass.
    Thank you!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like some good races!! Nice Cobra. Not a fan of that Skyline though, its just plain ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    +1

About the only thing that's good on an F-body is the LS1 under the food, and the styling of the body. Everything else is rubbish.... but that's my opinion from owning one.
    Obviously you know little about the car itself then.

F-bodies are very solid cars. You don't pick front wheels off the ground with slicks in a car thats poorly built. Not that a Skyline would ever have enough torque to do that, but even if it could, it would surely bend the chassis.

Our cars use SLA strut front suspension, which is regarded as the best front suspension design for racing, in terms of durablity and maintaining caster and camber throughout the travel of the suspension. We have 3 link rears with coils, which is superior to a 4 link setup in that there are no binding issues on hard cornering. Our cars also come equipped with the Tremec T56, which was the best 6 speed trans in the world until superceeded by the new Tremec TR6060.

Look at something simple like out engine bays. Look how all the harnesses, wires, and hoses are routed. Everything makes sense. Almost the connectors come apart in the same way and are easy to use and durable. Now look at that rats nest of a so called engine in that Skyline, its a nightmare of intercooler piping, vacuum hoses, wiring, and all kinds of other bullshit. Talking trash is easy when your biased, but when you actually compare apples with apples you are just plain wrong.

The Skyline is nothing more than a ricer's wet dream. There is nothing great about it, period. It looks like crap, it sounds like crap, and it only makes 276HP stock. What is so special about that?? Nothing, unless you're a ricer.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Ha ha ha! Sure thing. I just hope the superiors won't mind it when we glue our pictures over the top of each others ID temporarily... It's alot of fun here trust me!
    Enjoy it brother! I know you've earned it.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sounds like some good races!! Nice Cobra. Not a fan of that Skyline though, its just plain ugly.

Obviously you know little about the car itself then.

F-bodies are very solid cars. You don't pick front wheels off the ground with slicks in a car thats poorly built. Not that a Skyline would ever have enough torque to do that, but even if it could, it would surely bend the chassis.

Our cars use SLA strut front suspension, which is regarded as the best front suspension design for racing, in terms of durablity and maintaining caster and camber throughout the travel of the suspension. We have 3 link rears with coils, which is superior to a 4 link setup in that there are no binding issues on hard cornering. Our cars also come equipped with the Tremec T56, which was the best 6 speed trans in the world until superceeded by the new Tremec TR6060.

Look at something simple like out engine bays. Look how all the harnesses, wires, and hoses are routed. Everything makes sense. Almost the connectors come apart in the same way and are easy to use and durable. Now look at that rats nest of a so called engine in that Skyline, its a nightmare of intercooler piping, vacuum hoses, wiring, and all kinds of other bullshit. Talking trash is easy when your biased, but when you actually compare apples with apples you are just plain wrong.

The Skyline is nothing more than a ricer's wet dream. There is nothing great about it, period. It looks like crap, it sounds like crap, and it only makes 276HP stock. What is so special about that?? Nothing, unless you're a ricer.

Nice another uneducated billy bob speaks... Dude I own an F-body and it is decently quick but for what you can do to a Skyline with its little inline 6 and a bit of boost is nice and reliable. You might wanna research why they only make 276 HP stock before you get hot on the keys. They are very similar to our LS1 F-bodies in the fact that they actually came with around 330 hp and are grossly de-tuned from the factory. Those cars where ahead of their time for the days that they were produced and now there is a huge aftermarket for them overseas! Ugly that is your opinion are you going to respect anyone elses.?.

BTW- Does your F-body lift its front end?

Thread Information