Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

2002 C5

This is a discussion on 2002 C5 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by boostedSS You can get a c5 these days in the 20k area.If you want to talk about ...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by boostedSS View Post
    You can get a c5 these days in the 20k area.If you want to talk about price vs performance, my buddy beat a heavily modded srt-4 with his junk 88 mustang lx coupe. His mods were(my friend) ported stock shity heads, a small cam,150 shot,and a little weight reduction.His car was worth no more than $3,000 and he raced the srt-4 for $200. He made more money with that car from racing modded riceburners than what the car was worth! lol. Personally i'm not that impressed or into riceburners. Thats just my opinion, and i will express my opinion because this is ls1.com, and i'm an ls1 enthusiest. I've been in out of this website since i first bought my car in 98. I've been racing since i was 16(you were probably still playing with GI.Joes around that time) so your the noob buddy!
    If i went to the srt-4 forums or whatever forums there are dedicated to the srt-4, and told kill stories, i'm sure i would get bashed too, but i just would'nt cry about it like you. So grab some tissues and relax!

Sounds like that "junk" 88 LX hauls ASS! I know you were trying to make it seem slow, but with those mods that 5.0 would embarrass quite a few.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    wow this got outta hand,lol....its pretty funny though

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    well that was fun. how long till Lake Boy is back?? and seriously BoostedSS, 4cylinders can be made fast for real cheap. even little P.O.S.'s that cost 2 grand.
    also, Stone, get us some vids!!
    I never said that they could'nt be made fast for cheap. I said, i did'nt like them. They just don't seem apealing to me, and i'm sure there's people that think the same way about fbodys.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    whats she weigh stone? 2500??
    its more like 2900 im pretty sure
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    never heard of a lid ON a c5....a c5 is a corvette 97-04 ...ls1 fbodys 98-02 usually have " lids" as an intake mod....any questions?

yes, the corvettes still have a lid that holds the air filter in. here's a modified one

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    wow this got outta hand,lol....its pretty funny though
    Definetly agree with that statement.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Quote Originally Posted by whiteghoztt View Post
    Hell no! Not sure as to why he did that. I like toyota's and the Supras especially, but the only thing that helps the 2JZ over the VG30 is it leaves more room for a big turbo setup. Personally, I'd rather have a low lag, streetable, quick spooling twins pushing 500~600rwhp w/ comparable torque setup to play with vs 1000rwhp setup anyday. The 1000rwhp setups for the Z32 leave much to be desired imho in the response/lag department.
    Wouldn't it not be worth the cost seeing how the 2jz is an inline 6 and the VG30 is a v6 and so custom mounting brackets would be needed. And also need to get a TT Supra tranny to mate with the engine. Too expensive. How much is your Z pushing now?

Quote Originally Posted by EVO 9 View Post
    mine too, crazy how that works huh.
    Would you be interested in comparing with my modded 02 WRX? I know I won't win but haven't gotten in a real race yet against an evo and would just to like to compare.

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by cho View Post
    Wouldn't it not be worth the cost seeing how the 2jz is an inline 6 and the VG30 is a v6 and so custom mounting brackets would be needed. And also need to get a TT Supra tranny to mate with the engine. Too expensive. How much is your Z pushing now?

That's the financial perspective, yes. You need both engine and trans, not to mention all the other custom hardware.
    The fact is, the VG has basically the same potential through a different way. The 2JZ swap just shows the unwillingness of the owner to work with what they have, (due tonot understanding the VG or just wanting the 2JZ because it's more "known"), for a motor that is known to be "easy" with big single turbo setups for big dyno queen hp. Just seems like a big waste to me.

I can only estimate what I'm pushing now. My last dyno was 376rwhp and 394rwtq @ 15psi on pump, turbo back exhaust, intake, re-flashed chip, and pullies. I just bought bigger side mount intercoolers and larger injectors and I'm upping the boost to 17psi (max of stock turbos) which should land me around ~400rwhp and about 20-30 more rwtq on pump gas.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

You can get a c5 these days in the 20k area.If you want to talk about price vs performance, my buddy beat a heavily modded srt-4 with his junk 88 mustang lx coupe. His mods were(my friend) ported stock shity heads, a small cam,150 shot,and a little weight reduction.His car was worth no more than $3,000 and he raced the srt-4 for $200. He made more money with that car from racing modded riceburners than what the car was worth! lol. Personally i'm not that impressed or into riceburners. Thats just my opinion, and i will express my opinion because this is ls1.com, and i'm an ls1 enthusiest. I've been in out of this website since i first bought my car in 98. I've been racing since i was 16(you were probably still playing with GI.Joes around that time) so your the noob buddy!
    If i went to the srt-4 forums or whatever forums there are dedicated to the srt-4, and told kill stories, i'm sure i would get bashed too, but i just would'nt cry about it like you. So grab some tissues and relax!
    I only get bashed by dumb asses like you.....i have waayyyyyy more respect that you will ever have on this site.

And yea my car is light, but heavy for a FWD(2900)

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    I only get bashed by dumb asses like you.....i have waayyyyyy more respect that you will ever have on this site.

And yea my car is light, but heavy for a FWD(2900)
    Yea, Ive pretty much never seen you start anything with anyone on this site, you usally get bashed by noobs who dont know shit about cars

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Yea, Ive pretty much never seen you start anything with anyone on this site, you usally get bashed by noobs who dont know shit about cars
    Thanks Hutch!

Lakewood
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Lakewood is back!!!! Let the good times roll, again...!!!

1932 Ford Coupe
    2002 Corvette Ragtop

As pointed out in a previous post, C5's do have lids. It may have been that he upgraded to a Z06 lid which is a cheap mod some vette owners do. He gained almost nothing by adding an exhaust system as well as a tune unless he meant headers back. He most likely was pushing around 310-320 HP without headers.

As a C5 owner, I have been surprised by the performance of certain cars like the ones in this post at a street light or two. Winning is Winning; Good kill Stone Srt-4!!!

Lakewood
    Quote Originally Posted by say'n somthin View Post
    As pointed out in a previous post, C5's do have lids. It may have been that he upgraded to a Z06 lid which is a cheap mod some vette owners do. He gained almost nothing by adding an exhaust system as well as a tune unless he meant headers back. He most likely was pushing around 310-320 HP without headers.

As a C5 owner, I have been surprised by the performance of certain cars like the ones in this post at a street light or two. Winning is Winning; Good kill Stone Srt-4!!!
    Hey I like your avatar, I watched that movie on TV late at night one night and I cant get it out of my head for some reason.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Now hes banned again, that didnt take long.

Silver
    04 Cobra

what happened to lakewood he added drama!!!!!!!
    04 Cobra
    634.4rwhp 647.8rwtq
    Yea I own a Cobra now, so what!!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by say'n somthin View Post

Thanks!!!

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
    theres no way a modded 4cyl will take a modded vette, never.
    Hmmm....what about the 1400 hp cobalt? Yah its not a street car but itd blow a vette away. Also, a ss cobalt with some bolt ons will scream.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information