Results 1 to 20 of 20

2001 SS vs 944 Turbo

This is a discussion on 2001 SS vs 944 Turbo within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; So I'm heading into work on Friday, running a little later than normal and I've got a guy in a ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member Wikd79Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    81

    Tan 79 and Red 01
    79 Z28 & 01 SS SLP

    2001 SS vs 944 Turbo

    So I'm heading into work on Friday, running a little later than normal and I've got a guy in a Sante Fe all over my bumper (must have been running late as well) trying to get in front of everyone at the light before merging onto tollroad traffic in North DFW. The light turns green and I slide over a lane as there is construction through the area to let the guy have some space. I didn't notice the 944 behind me and as soon as I slide over this guy comes up and starts blipping the throttle so his pop off valve pops a few times. As we enter the tollroad he downshifts and nails it .........at this point I look up and don't see any traffic for at least a half mile and it's going away anyhow. I say what the hell and nail it thinking my car will drop into a lower gear and eat this guy alive. Well, it doesn't and I see him start grabbing gears and hear the turbo sing out. I keep right on his passenger quarter panel until we get to about 90 and then I start to see some puffs of smoke from his exhaust.
    Needless to say at that point the SS is up on the revs and starts pulling like hell and I wave bye-bye as I pull away.
    I kept in it to about 120 and look up in the mirror only to see the 944 implode into a huge ball of white smoke!! First thing that came to mind was "Ouch!, that looked expensive!!"
    He got out of it and started merging over and got off at the next exit still smoking like a freight train.
    I wish my car had jumped down a gear but I got caught in that middle rev range and he didn't pull on my anyhow so I just stayed in and let the LS1 do it's thing.
    I'm a stock SS SLP with the A4 and no mods at all.
    Needless to say I had a big grin for most of the day.

  2. #2
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    nice kill op and that sucks for him i guess thats what he get for messing with an LS1

  3. #3
    Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Shepherd MI
    Posts
    119

    Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

    sounds like a true "KILL" lol

  4. #4
    Member brendan.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arborg Manitoba
    Posts
    221

    Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

    yeah i've had that before were it doesn't kick into the gear i want i do eventually catch him cause of the long gears that keep going. good kill!

  5. #5
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Nice!!!!

  6. #6
    Junior Member Wikd79Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    81

    Tan 79 and Red 01
    79 Z28 & 01 SS SLP

    Quote Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp View Post
    sounds like a true "KILL" lol
    I ALMOST felt like turning around to see if he blew the motor or just the turbo...............then said "Nah!" his problem.

    Skeeter Killer!

  7. #7
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp View Post
    sounds like a true "KILL" lol
    Or a murda! Good kill OP! Gotta make a new catagory for folks whom blow their lesser cars up trying to best an ls1..

    I say's we need a brutality forum.. Because THAT my friend was a royal 100% pure ass whoopin'..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Or a murda! Good kill OP! Gotta make a new catagory for folks whom blow their lesser cars up trying to best an ls1..

    I say's we need a brutality forum.. Because THAT my friend was a royal 100% pure ass whoopin'..
    Hell yeah! I love it! Been waiting for a reason to use this emoticon!

    944 -> <- LS1

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    944s are 80s low end porsches. They make 217hp stock... the turbo version that is. I sure hope you raped him unless he has done a full engine overhaul. Good kill

  10. #10
    Junior Member BiGPaPaSMuRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    63

    White/Black
    98 Camaro Z28

    Awesome kill story...theres always some ricer wanting to test the LS1, sounds like he bit off more than he could chew!!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by BiGPaPaSMuRF View Post
    Awesome kill story...theres always some ricer wanting to test the LS1, sounds like he bit off more than he could chew!!!!
    Now porsches are ricers too? Jesus

  12. #12
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Now porsches are ricers too? Jesus
    Not the car... I think he was refering to the driver of the porsche as a ricer. Ricers can drive anything.

  13. #13
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Not the car... I think he was refering to the driver of the porsche as a ricer. Ricers can drive anything.
    amen brother

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    amen brother
    And what did he do that was ricer? Raced? So did the op and the then porsche started puffing smoke so he got off the freeway. Thats probably what i would do if my car started to puff smoke aswell.

  15. #15
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    And what did he do that was ricer? Raced? So did the op and the then porsche started puffing smoke so he got off the freeway. Thats probably what i would do if my car started to puff smoke aswell.
    re-read the op story the guy seems to be trying very hard to get him to race just like ricers try to do to us. all i know is that when im about to race some one i just pace them to get their attention and it is more than likely that they know what im doing

  16. #16
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    And what did he do that was ricer? Raced? So did the op and the then porsche started puffing smoke so he got off the freeway. Thats probably what i would do if my car started to puff smoke aswell.
    Actually, the OP stated that the driver of the porsche didn't pull off the highway until the car was engulfed in smoke. Now it is possible that the driver of the porsche didn't notice a problem with his car until then - but I would expect something noticeable when it first started. I might be wrong, but the way it is worded in the story it sounds like the driver of the porsche kept in it after the OP began passing him - not pulled off the road when it first happened. Not being there to know what happened - it is merely speculation. However, I have raced and seen many people push their cars even after it is showing signs of a problem. I would consider that ricer - and just a stupid thing to do too.

    Oh, and I wasn't personally stating that the driver of the porsche was ricer - just clarifying what I believed Bigpoppasmurf meant. If the driver of the porsche kept in it after his car showed signs of a problem, then yes, I would consider him ricer. As I stated earlier - it is merely speculation though.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Actually, the OP stated that the driver of the porsche didn't pull off the highway until the car was engulfed in smoke. Now it is possible that the driver of the porsche didn't notice a problem with his car until then - but I would expect something noticeable when it first started. I might be wrong, but the way it is worded in the story it sounds like the driver of the porsche kept in it after the OP began passing him - not pulled off the road when it first happened. Not being there to know what happened - it is merely speculation. However, I have raced and seen many people push their cars even after it is showing signs of a problem. I would consider that ricer - and just a stupid thing to do too.

    Oh, and I wasn't personally stating that the driver of the porsche was ricer - just clarifying what I believed Bigpoppasmurf meant. If the driver of the porsche kept in it after his car showed signs of a problem, then yes, I would consider him ricer. As I stated earlier - it is merely speculation though.
    Yes, i know it wasnt you who made the ricer statement.

    I reread the post and still dont see anything ricer, he says

    "I didn't notice the 944 behind me and as soon as I slide over this guy comes up and starts blipping the throttle so his pop off valve pops a few times."

    So he blipped the throttle to let him know he wanted to go. I have done the or a rev to let people know its go time. But anyway good kill op it takes alot of work to get that 217hp 4 cylinder make some serious power.

  18. #18
    Junior Member Wikd79Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    81

    Tan 79 and Red 01
    79 Z28 & 01 SS SLP

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes, i know it wasnt you who made the ricer statement.

    I reread the post and still dont see anything ricer, he says

    "I didn't notice the 944 behind me and as soon as I slide over this guy comes up and starts blipping the throttle so his pop off valve pops a few times."

    So he blipped the throttle to let him know he wanted to go. I have done the or a rev to let people know its go time. But anyway good kill op it takes alot of work to get that 217hp 4 cylinder make some serious power.
    To clarify......
    I don't think this was a stock 944 Turbo as I don't recall the stock stuff having loud pop-off valves on them nor do I remember them being able to pull that strong up to @90 mph....the other part......it started to puff and then went big POOOOFFFF and then I'm sure he saw the cloud behind him and then let off. He then had to make his way from the hammer lane over to the right lane to get off at the next exit. I wouldn't call it ricer but close enough when compared to the rice we have around DFW.
    I just wish my car would have downshifted and then it would have been over before it really started but it was fun to let the long legs run too!

  19. #19
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes, i know it wasnt you who made the ricer statement.

    I reread the post and still dont see anything ricer, he says

    "I didn't notice the 944 behind me and as soon as I slide over this guy comes up and starts blipping the throttle so his pop off valve pops a few times."

    So he blipped the throttle to let him know he wanted to go. I have done the or a rev to let people know its go time. But anyway good kill op it takes alot of work to get that 217hp 4 cylinder make some serious power.
    i see what your saying man

  20. #20
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikd79Z View Post
    To clarify......
    I don't think this was a stock 944 Turbo as I don't recall the stock stuff having loud pop-off valves on them nor do I remember them being able to pull that strong up to @90 mph....the other part......it started to puff and then went big POOOOFFFF and then I'm sure he saw the cloud behind him and then let off. He then had to make his way from the hammer lane over to the right lane to get off at the next exit. I wouldn't call it ricer but close enough when compared to the rice we have around DFW.
    I just wish my car would have downshifted and then it would have been over before it really started but it was fun to let the long legs run too!
    hell you gotta stretch them out sometime

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: 2001 TURBO TRANS AM (FROST's xCar)
    By devil6rr in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 08:31 PM
  2. 2001 SS Vert VS. Turbo S2000 VS. S/C Marauder
    By Turrry in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 10:43 AM
  3. 2001 Audi S4 2.7 liter Twin Turbo Vs. WS6??
    By ILLTMPRD-WS6 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
  4. 600rwhp, Turbo charged, 2001 Pontiac Firehawk FOR SALE!!
    By dlevene in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 01:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •