Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 vette vs. me

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

07 vette vs. me

NO JOKE! i dont know i was going by a club when i saw a white 07 vette...so i press on it to catch up....once i caught up we raced and well he kicked my ass....yes yes yes my car is an auto so it didnt take off right....so we catch a red light...then we both take off somewhat fast but then three honks still in first i floor it and hes right next to me neck to neck...i shift to second ..he still right next to me ...this went on from 20 to about 110 he beat me about half a car....im over here all excited cuz all i got is a ls1 with a lid and cold air and thats it..i was happy for a while i even kept up with it...then i start wondering if he was just playing with me....well my question...are 07 corvettes really as fast as i think??cuz im still surprised he only beat me by that much....

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

He was either messing with you or didnt know how to drive it. You should of been beaten by more than half a car length.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Im guessing he wasn't pushing it 100%-- if manual - he was probably shifting early, or "granny shifting" (thank you vin disel)

either way - I say any car that is within a 1/2 second in the quarter mile, is a drivers race.

but there is probably more like a good full second between your car's stock for stock. so he must be a pretty bad driver.

I doubt he was messing with you. I could see him messing with a civic turbo, or something like that, but another american muscle car, you think if he was going to race you he would go all out.

Oh well,, Nice story. Keep it safe.

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

well at least he gave me a thumbs up and didnt make it seem like he was the shit...has anyone else raced an 07 vette??? what happen?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

well ive raced a c5 zo6 and he just straight up walked me. And im an M6. i agree with nemesis he was either messing with you or didnt know how to drive it.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Motor Trend or one of those magazines tested a C6 and they got a 12.6@112in the 1/4 mile. I heard their top speed is like 175MPH.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

haha...they're no slouch thats for sure.

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

LS2' s are garbage, I am not surprised... That's why that piece of crap motor only lasted two year's in that car. with the hp rating and the weight differential, he should have killed you. I tell it how it is... Most of the time when you post's comments like this you will never get a real awnser, just a bunch of hater's or people that just want to make excuses. It is what it is!!and when you guy's were messin around you saw what you saw.. Or do your eyes lie to you??

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by spookyz28 View Post
    LS2' s are garbage, I am not surprised... That's why that piece of crap motor only lasted two year's in that car. with the hp rating and the weight differential, he should have killed you. I tell it how it is... Most of the time when you post's comments like this you will never get a real awnser, just a bunch of hater's or people that just want to make excuses. It is what it is!!and when you guy's were messin around you saw what you saw.. Or do your eyes lie to you??
    I don't mean to jack this thread but I didn't know the LS2 was a problem motor. My father was looking into an 07 but he decided to wait for an 08 with the LS3.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by spookyz28 View Post
    What the hell are you talking about??

The LS2 is a great motor.

You talk like you are on drugs or something

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

LS2's are garbage?

What does that make the LS1? A steaming pile of sh*t?

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    LS2's are garbage?

What does that make the LS1? A steaming pile of sh*t?
    LOL,

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    Motor Trend or one of those magazines tested a C6 and they got a 12.6@112in the 1/4 mile. I heard their top speed is like 175MPH.
    Last time I was at the track there were 2 c6's. Niether bettered mid 13's. Both auto. I believe they were trappping in the 106-8 range. Goes to show you that they give optimal conditions when testing, or ringer cars.

LE MANS BLUE
    2007 CORVETTE COUPE

All I know is I owned a 99 Z-28 with Groty hedders and y pipe b&b triflo garel MAF a fu#kin lid and other mods. Went to ATCO in Jersey. At 5 deg I ran 13.00 at 110.78 MPH on rsa gdyrs. My vette pulls harder than my z in the heat and all my vette has is a magna flow. I think the LS-2 has balls. Dont hate the LS-2. Just test drive the vette and you will know the truth. Still miss my camaro tho. By the way, SPOOKYS camaro looks hot.
    Last edited by I AM AN ARMY VETTE 2; 06-12-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: I saw spookys car.

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

eee...i dont like that body....35thanniz28....ur right camaros look good the way they come...and one thing that kills me about some z28 are that ugly looking wing that they have....i hate it!!!! ....

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I hear ya I think they look good the way they came too. The Body kits just don't do them justice.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I raced a c6 z06 and lost by a good amount lol. Then again a second in the quarter mile does look like alot.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    The C5's top speed is rated at 175, the C6's top speed is rated at 198. Reason I said rated is because I have seen stock C5's, not Z06's, go in the 190's.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I can't get a vette to race me, been wanting to race a couple '04 z06's in town, but they are scared or something.....lol btw even though I outweigh them by alot I think I can take one.
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I think you can too!

Thread Information