Nero
    2006 gto

06 Goat VS Suby WRX VS Honda Motorcycle

So Im driving up i-95 through Providence last night, and im just cruisin, enjoyin my Goat, when a Pearl Blue WRX comes speeding by me and cuts me off. Obviously this guy didnt know what he was dealin with. I give it a bit of gas, doin about 45 in 6th gear. ::Yeah, i know, but I was cruisin at a leisurely pace...:: When i started to accelerate, this little Honda bike comes roaring past me at at least 75 mph around a dead-man's curve ::Thurber's ave, for those of you that know the area::

Well, I know that theres no way I can out-accelerate this motorcycle, so I stick to the WRX, and get right on his ass. He wasnt too fond of this maneuver, but being from Massachusetts, he should damn well be used to it (No offense to my Bostonian brethren... Go Sox!!)

So the guy cuts behind the motorcycle, and floors it. Well, before I realized what I was doing, I was in 4th gear and doing 100+ past Providence Place Mall. I watched the Suby lurch its front end up in an apparent attempt to keep up, but this guy had no chance. As for the motorcycle, I passed him and got a thumbs up, but he SCREWED past me about 45 seconds later after all was said and done. Gave him a honk and a wave, and got another thumbs up. Id imagine the Suby driver is still beating his steering wheel wishing he'd at least gone for an STi...but still, can beat good old fashioned American Muscle.

Drive safe!!

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Thumbs up

nice work

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

It would take a new turbo/intercooler all bolt ons and a good tune to make a WRX pull a GTO on a roll lol.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

45mph / 6th gear?

Is 45mph in 6th gear even healthy for the car?

I feel like I am hurting something when i put it in 6th gear anything below 55 - 60 mph range.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Nice, what you got done to the Goat?

Nero
    2006 gto

Haha, I agree that 45 in 6th doesnt sound healthy, but it feels fine for the most part.

What Ive done to the Goat....nothing yet, sadly. Theres so much stuff out there...I have NO IDEA where to start. I think im gonna get QTP Cutouts, a CAI, a Cam and a Tune, as soon as the funds are available.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Haha, I agree that 45 in 6th doesnt sound healthy, but it feels fine for the most part.

What Ive done to the Goat....nothing yet, sadly. Theres so much stuff out there...I have NO IDEA where to start. I think im gonna get QTP Cutouts, a CAI, a Cam and a Tune, as soon as the funds are available.
    Yea i can tell you that all the suspension i have done to mine helps ALOT too!!!!

Nero
    2006 gto

What kind of suspension have you done? Personally Id like to keep the original feel of the stock suspension, because I plan to get my drift on sooner or later. Im lookin into all kinds of parts and upgrades, and im overwhelmed at the possibilities. After looking at it all, Im not even sure of what I want the end result to be. Mostly a DD/sleeper, since if I do race, its gonna be all underground. As long as I can beat stock Porsches, BMW M-series, and Mercedes AMG's, Ill be happy. Its just not fun running against 4-bangers anymore. I mean C'mon, we have 3X or more the displacement than them!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    What kind of suspension have you done? Personally Id like to keep the original feel of the stock suspension, because I plan to get my drift on sooner or later. Im lookin into all kinds of parts and upgrades, and im overwhelmed at the possibilities. After looking at it all, Im not even sure of what I want the end result to be. Mostly a DD/sleeper, since if I do race, its gonna be all underground. As long as I can beat stock Porsches, BMW M-series, and Mercedes AMG's, Ill be happy. Its just not fun running against 4-bangers anymore. I mean C'mon, we have 3X or more the displacement than them!
    Ive got Pedders; Castor Adjustable Radius Rod Front Bushings, 1" Drop Front Springs, 1/2" Drop Rear Springs,Big Bore Shocks,Rear Diff Mount Bushings,and Rear Crossmember Bushings. It rides great!! Feels damn near like stock but ive got alot of bolt ons on it too and it hooks very well(just squats and goes). I dont know what its going to run at the track yet. Im assuming 11.9s@117ish. My last car was a 05 Srt-4 and it was one of the most respected cars in the Baton Rouge, New Orleans area but yea i LOVE my GTO alot better.

Thread Information