Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

06 Auto Vette

This is a discussion on 06 Auto Vette within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by dafaic Well it wasn't like we honked and both took off either. I was cruising in 6th ...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by dafaic View Post
    Well it wasn't like we honked and both took off either. I was cruising in 6th when he floored it and when his back bumper got to my front bumper or a little bit farther I down shifted into third. Hell by the time i was off the clutch he was atleast a length ahead of me and already had his momentum going. And yeah i catch myself short shifting as i don't want to hit the rev limiter. Ive only driven the car about 100 miles since I have had it so I got alot of learning and figuring out the querks of my car. The car sits in the garage most of the week and I tool around sometimes at night or maybe a little drive through town... Man i was just happy my car hung with a vette on the highway thats was the whole point of the post. This is by far the fastest car I have ever had. I have had a typhoon and an 04 Impala ss that ran 13's (only ones worth mentioning) so for me to have a car that hung with a vette I was happy. Was not trying to stir a bunch of crap up. I wanted a 12 second car and thats what i bought. If it beats a vette on the highway great if not oh well but i still have a respectable 12 second car.
    I know your not trying to stir nothing up, but I don't like people getting screwed over by people selling cars saying what they beat and didn't. After you posted this it's more clear that you just didn't drive it to it's full potential. If you were on your game then yeah it should have been different. Start driving that thing more and be ready for next time!

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I know your not trying to stir nothing up, but I don't like people getting screwed over by people selling cars saying what they beat and didn't. After you posted this it's more clear that you just didn't drive it to it's full potential. If you were on your game then yeah it should have been different. Start driving that thing more and be ready for next time!

Thank you for the concern and I can see that. And yes i think with more driving and practice things can be different. I really wanted an auto but couldn't pass on the deal i got so now i gotta learn how to drive the car. There is alot more to it than just punching the gas with a manual. LOL

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

I believe the 01-04 zo6's transmissions have shorter gearing vs the C6. Also one must consider what year auto c6 we are talking about. The newer auto c6's have 6 speeds which should improve the higher speed roll races vs the 4 speed overdrive autos they replaced.

good death

---
    2004 MB E500
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    1993 Mustang Cobra teal blue
    1989 Anniv. Turbo Trans Am hardtop

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by ttadriver View Post
    I believe the 01-04 zo6's transmissions have shorter gearing vs the C6. Also one must consider what year auto c6 we are talking about. The newer auto c6's have 6 speeds which should improve the higher speed roll races vs the 4 speed overdrive autos they replaced.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    was that aimed toward me? In fact i had a passanger and we went from a 50 roll to well over a hundred. Plus i knew the guys that were behind me that saw the whole thing.
    nah, I was talking about the weight difference.

Silver
    97 TA M6

THANKS GUYS TTA and power, I felt like it was a decent death as well. And i forgot about the new ones having the 6speed auto I am sure that makes a world of difference for them on the highway!
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Weight differance is minimal. 2002 ZO6= 3115 pounds 2005 C6= 3180 pounds
    Also the first 4 gears in the 2 cars are identical. One has 405 horsepower and one has 400. They should be close to one and other, if they are both 6 spped cars. ET's for the cars in magazines are similar. 12.6 to 12.8 for both cars.

But for some reason the ZO6 always seems to be faster on the street??

Blue
    04 Mach 1

It has to do with the cams!!!!!

Silver
    97 TA M6

Finally got the dyno sheet and the car put out 351.8 at the wheels and 349 trq 2 years ago. He pointed to a rpm range where the line got really wavy and said he had to replace the optispark as it was malfunctioning. So with a 10% drive line loss thats about 390 at the wheels. There has been about 10k-15k miles put on the car since the dyno.

There were 2 other dyno runs on the sheet both with nos one was 391 and the other was 414.

So i need to get a bottle and get that up and running!

I am going to send the pcm off to CAM next week and then install mikronite 4.10 gears, a boa-fx.com ram air hood and an intake off a 97' ws6 and i should definitly be over the 400 mark with that.

So it is very highly possible that the guy in that z06 didn't know how to drive and that makes me feel even better about my death!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information