Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

05gt.....vs stock lt1

This is a discussion on 05gt.....vs stock lt1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I don't know how that happened. I did not intend to use a different name, I did not notice it ...

  1. #21
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    I don't know how that happened. I did not intend to use a different name, I did not notice it when I posted. Damn, maybe you should ask nicely what happened instead of slamming me. There was no intent to do so to you. I corrected the name.

  2. #22
    Member Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Newport News Va
    Age
    39
    Posts
    578

    Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's02Z28M6
    I've ran a couple 05 GT's and I would say the LT1's I've raced put up a better fight. The 05 sure is better then the last gen 'stangs but no way in hell are they averaging mid 13 second runs...or I'll eat crow. High 13's is what I'm betting you'll see most stock ones run. my 2 cents
    They were probably not stock. I just went over to stangnet and found a few people running mid 13's on street tires in 05's. One in particular ran a 13.6 @ 104 with a 2.2 60ft. I have never seen a completly stock lt1 run a mid 13 before. And if it came close it was on drag radials with a 2.0 or better 60ft. If you took the 60ft on the stang and droped it to a 2.0 youd be running a 13.3 @ 104 which is about right. My guestimation would be high 13's (13.9-13.7) in an lt1 with the same 60ft.

  3. #23
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    I have not seen an LT1 run mid 13's either, but I have not seen a stock Mustang run quicker than low 14's except for one Mach I with an insane driver. He pulled a 13.6 while three other Mach I's could not get out of the 14's and one of them had an aftermarket air intake system.

    Also the Mach I is a little quicker than a 2005 GT. It has a little more power and less weight.
    Last edited by DarthD; 02-06-2006 at 03:52 AM.

  4. #24
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthD
    I have not seen an LT1 run mid 13's either, but I have not seen a stock Mustang run quicker than low 14's except for one Mach I with an insane driver. He pulled a 13.6 while three other Mach I's could not get out of the 14's and one of them had an aftermarket air intake system.

    Also the Mach I is a little quicker than a 2005 GT. It has a little more power and less weight.
    That is a load of BS right there. Either A. you are full of shit and dont except that mustangs can run what they do B. You do not pay attention to all of the stangs at the track.

    The mach1 are easy low-mid 13 second cars, STICK ONLY, and pull 05 stangs and most older mustangs. The mach1's are easily second to the 03-04 Cobras.

    I have seen stock lt1s running high 13s but never mid.
    324hp/333tq

  5. #25
    baconmach
    Guest
    im not touchn that comment with a 10ft pole hahah....but....i agree with some people in sayn you cant count the 05 out.......but....if you know how to drive and dont f*ck up...its all over..........an 05 v6 could almost take ya if u just sit there roastn them or miss a few gears haha.......

  6. #26
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    mogs01gt,
    What is with your attitude? I have not given you any reason for you to respond the way you have.

    All tracks are different. Cars run different at different tracks. People drive their cars differently. You need to realize that a lot of people will claim car is stock when it is not. I frequent two different tracks in Texas. I have NEVER seen a completely stock GT run quicker than 14.0. Does this mean they can't run quicker? No. Does this mean that I am a biased piece of crap? No. This is what I have seen, Period. I have seen Mustang GT's run 13's but they had mods. Just for reference, My stock WS6 6 speed ran a best of 13.7 at 105.5 mph. Off idle launch, engine bog, and granny shifting. I could have power shifted and ran a little quicker and perfected my launch for an even better ET, but I do not want to beat on my car. The MPH shows what the car is capable of. I ran plenty of low 14's with spinning tires also.

    The guy with the Mach I, that ran a 13.6, was a 20 year old kid that did not care if he broke the car. It was getting repossessed because he could not make the payments. He drove the hell out of it. The other three Mach I's there that night that ran 14's were owned by older men who care about their cars and drive more conservatively, like me.

    I work with a guy with a stock Mach I. We raced from about a 20 punch. They are quick but I still pulled away.

    I have seen plenty of stock 99-04 GTs at the track. None of them ran quicker than 14.0. I have not seen any 05s run yet. I know that there are magazine tests that show them in the 13s. I know they have the power to run 13s. That does not mean the average driver will be able to pull it off at an average track. The Mach I has a better power to weight ratio that the new GT so it should still be a little quicker.

    I did test drive a new GT 5 speed about three hours ago. Very nice car. I love the exhaust note. The power, at least low and midrange still does not compare to an LS1. Not even close. I did not take it over 5000 rpms though.


    mogs01gt,
    If the Mach I's where you are EASILY run low 13's STOCK and I mean ALL STOCK, then you must live by one really nice track and the owners of those cars must be professional drivers or at least LOT better drivers that anyone around my area.

    The best STOCK LS1 I have seen ran 13.3. It was a 98 Camaro that was all stock except for ET Streets, so it was not totally stock. The driver, a friend of mine, was a little guy about 120 lbs. He launched at 6000 rpms multiple times, and power shifted every run. The car would hook, bog, then go. He is lucky that rear held up.

    mogs01gt,
    I want you to know, I am not trying to be disrespectful to you in any way. If you took anything I said in a hostile way, I apologize. It was not meant to come across that way. I just wanted to add what I have seen to this post.

    Your conclusions are incorrect -
    "That is a load of BS right there. Either A. you are full of shit and
    dont except that mustangs can run what they do "

    I am not full of shit. I do accept that Mustangs can run what they do. Around here, that is low 14's with no mods.

    "B. You do not pay
    attention to all of the stangs at the track."

    I do pay attention to the stangs at the track. I pay attention to all of the cars that I like. Yes, I do like the Mustang.
    Last edited by DarthD; 02-07-2006 at 03:10 PM.

  7. #27
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    You said stock mustang man, that is everything from a 4 banger to a 428. It sounded like you were lumping them all into one catagory, Mustang. That is what I thought you meant.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Liberty MO
    Posts
    100

    Black
    1995 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by baconmach
    I HATE THE NEW STANGS....AND THE NEW CAMARO LOOKS LIKE A$$ AS WELL...DODGE IS THE ONE THATS COOK'N (UNFORTUNATLY)CHECK THE NEW CHALLENGER OUT!
    Im with you on the Challengers... they are nice. But how are you gonna trash on the new Camaro . I think they are bad ass.. especially if they put the LS7 in them like I heard. Even if they dont they are still a damn nice car.


  9. #29
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAm45
    Im with you on the Challengers... they are nice. But how are you gonna trash on the new Camaro . I think they are bad ass.. especially if they put the LS7 in them like I heard. Even if they dont they are still a damn nice car.

    that pic is from 2002, it was the "supposed" 2005 camaro. . .

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Liberty MO
    Posts
    100

    Black
    1995 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    that pic is from 2002, it was the "supposed" 2005 camaro. . .
    I know it's from 2002.. but from what I heard that is the one they were going to go with. Is that not true anymore?? I read a whole article on how a 19 year old kid made it on photoshop... and he knew someone from high up in GM and they had the designers take a look at it. It seemed pretty legit to me. Ill see if I can find the article.

  11. #31
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    You said stock mustang man, that is everything from a 4 banger to a 428. It sounded like you were lumping them all into one catagory, Mustang. That is what I thought you meant.

    I don't understand. The thread was stock 05 GT vs Stock LT1. I believe almost everytime I wrote the word Mustang, I had GT behind it. It seemed obvious to me that all cars talked about in this thread are modern V8 cars. I saw no reference to 60's or 70's cars.

  12. #32
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    TransAm45,
    Here is a link to a pic of the new concept Camaro.
    http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/

    If you search the web there a lot of photos of the car out there.


    I think the car has promise. A little tweaking to the nose and tail lights should make the look awesome, although I don't know if they can top the Challenger. That car is perfect as is. I would not change anything.

  13. #33
    Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    209
    I raced an 05 GT 6 speed from about 20mph and I ran him down pretty well.
    1995 Camaro Z-28
    Black/Neutral|A4 GU5
    Modifications:
    Borla, MAC Mid's, SLP Level 1 Suspension with Prokit, SLP STB, SLP CAI, 1LE Elbow,Phillips HID, Advanced Induction 180cc Heads/224 Cam,Built 355, Yank 3200

  14. #34
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthD
    I don't understand. The thread was stock 05 GT vs Stock LT1. I believe almost everytime I wrote the word Mustang, I had GT behind it. It seemed obvious to me that all cars talked about in this thread are modern V8 cars. I saw no reference to 60's or 70's cars.
    read what I quoted. "MUSTANG"

    I dont read minds, I used what you typed.

  15. #35
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    It has nothing to do with reading minds. All you need to do is read through the thread. Everything in this thread is centered on modern V8 cars. Even if it was not clear which year cars are being discussed, (which it is) I stand by what I said. I have never seen a stock Ford Mustang, and I mean any year or engine, run quicker than a 14.0.
    However, I have not seen a stock Ford Mustang with a 428 run down the track and I doubt many other people here, if any, have either. Also, I have not seen an 03+ Ford Mustang Cobra run, however my Mustang fanatic buddy says he has seen one that was running low 13's. Yes, yes, I know, all 03+ stock Ford Mustang Cobras run 12's. I don't need a flame here either. This is just what he has seen.

    My responses are aimed at the title of the thread, as they should be.
    [B]"Stock '05 GT vs Stock LT1." Just because, I left out two letters (GT) ONE time, I get flamed, even though it makes no difference if I clarified 2005 Ford Mustang GT or not.

    I just just don't understand the attitude. I see so many people on message boards with ridiculous attitudes. Someone types their opinion about something or types what they have experienced and someone else has to be an ass for no reason. Most of us come here to learn things, or share our experiences, or knowledge with others. I don't think anyone wants to be put down for no reason. People do not act like this when talking face to face. I guess it is just too easy to hide behind a keyboard. You know nothing about the person you are talking to and they know nothing about you, so the assumption is the other person is a moron.


    (I edited this to make sure it was clear which cars I was talking about)
    Last edited by DarthD; 02-10-2006 at 03:37 AM.

  16. #36
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    because you are going off what you have "SEEN" or lack there of; and you are stating it as fact or making it out to be true. Your opinions and very small experience with racing proves you have no idea what you are talking about. You said a INSANE driver made a mach1(newer one I assume) go mid 13s, anyone can get a mach1 to run mid 13s. An "insane" driver would be in the low 13s.

    Like I said, Im not a mind reader. Im not going to assume what you mean with your vague statements. I will leave that up for the Internet kiddies.

  17. #37
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    I was going to respond to this in a different way, but I decided to look at some of your posts on this board and I'm glad I did. I now see the kind of individual you are. You have a pretty smart mouth and you are not willing to admit when you are wrong. There was a guy here a long time ago, I can't remember his name, but he was so bad that they made a seperate section just for him. It was magazine racing or something like like. You remind me of that guy. Based on your responses to other people's posts on other threads, you seem to enjoy pissing people off and cutting them down to try to make yourself feel intelligent or something.

    I know, know, there is no point in debating anything with someone with your mentality. It is perfectly clear that you are going to continue on and on no matter what.

    what the hell, I just have to respond to your silly statements. I can't help myself. You are beginning to amuse me.

    Yes, I am going of what I have seen. Only an idiot would argue something that they have not personally seen. I guess you don't think that way. If you want to believe that stock 05 Mustang GTs are easy 13 second cars because you have read it on the internet or in a magazine, then go ahead, think what you want. Also, I have not given you my opinion on anything. I have only stated what I have seen. That is not an opinion.

    As far as my "small" experience with racing goes, I was racing cars when you were still playing with hot wheels, so what does that say about your racing experience? This is exactly what I meant about hiding behind a keyboard. You know NOTHING about me or my past yet you have somehow come to the conclusion that I am an idiot.
    And you are wrong. Anyone cannot get a STOCK Mach I into the 13's. Damn, do you ever go to a racetrack and actually talk with some of the other drivers, or do you just assume that a car is stock because it ran what you think a stock car should run? You really should think twice before believing people that claim to be factory stock. Nine out of ten "stock" cars out there will have mods.

    Also, I made no vague statements and you know it. Just admit when you are wrong. Maybe if you go back to the beginning of the thread and read it again you will see that you are coming across as a complete ass. No, I'm not calling you an ass (I need to make that clear so it not too vague) but your comments are making you sound like one. For all I know, you are a great guy and if we met in person instead of this forum we would get along great. Hell, I get along with everyone.
    Last edited by DarthD; 02-10-2006 at 06:38 AM.

  18. #38
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    actually it sounds like you are referring to yourself. I will correct myself, anyone should be able to get a manual newer mach1 into the mid 13s.

    The person you are remembering is Bob or Bobbles as we like to call him. I dont remember his S/N but it had z28 in it. He was the magazine racing king.
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 02-10-2006 at 12:41 PM.

  19. #39
    Member since 1998 DarthD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seguin, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    114

    Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    actually it sounds like you are referring to yourself..


    I will correct myself, anyone should be able to get a manual newer mach1 into the mid 13s.


    The person you are remembing is Bob or Bobbles as we like to call him. I dont remember his S/N but it had z28 in it. He was the magazine racing king
    OK, now I remember people calling him Bobbles. I think his screen name was 99z28 or something closr to that. I wonder what happened to him after he was banned? I would have figured he would have come back under another name.

  20. #40
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Went to ls2.com and started up his same crap. Evyl banned him real fast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. question 05gt vs 99 TA
    By Justin23454 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 06:11 PM
  2. FS: Stock 4-16x8 polished rims w/ stock eagle tires
    By Long Beach in forum Western Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 10:15 PM
  3. 05gt vs ls2 gto
    By 2001somws6 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 05:31 PM
  4. 05GT A5 vs 05GT M5
    By s197 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:24 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •