Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2011 Prius

05+ Mustang GT Vs. 98 T/A

Well bit of a race, between me and Mustang GT Convertible with the top down. We pulled up to each other doing 60 MPh. Cruised allong side each other for some time. He got on it first, then I got on it. Went up to 110 MPh, I let off, he kept going. I was at his rear tire the whole time (I was at his rear tire when I got on it), I was edging on him when I hit 100 MPh. I am a bit impressed, that he kept up with me with the top down. But not impressed it took all these years for Ford to catch up. But none the less, I thought our cars could take the new Mustangs?

My car mods:
    SLP Headers & Y-Pipe
    Shift Kit
    K&N Filter
    Ram Air Hood (Does it do anything?)

Pretty much how I bought it, give me some time.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i couldn't tell ya ...maybe he was tuned and had full exhaust..the ram air does nothing for this situation, and neither does the k&n ..are you tuned and are you still running the stock air box ?

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i couldn't tell ya ...maybe he was tuned and had full exhaust..the ram air does nothing for this situation, and neither does the k&n ..are you tuned and are you still running the stock air box ?
    His look and sounded pretty stock, then again. Windows up, AC ON, with some music, and a passenger.

But yea, stock air box for now. I plain to get some SFC's soon, Borla Exuast, FAST Intake with a T/B.

98' trans am

well that is probbally why..your damn near backwards on your mods...gotta get air in..before you get air out..but why a fast ? with the mods you have..the fast isn't needed..get your self a good lid, and a ls6 and a tune and watch how the car will wake up.

2011 Prius

well that is probbally why..your damn near backwards on your mods...gotta get air in..before you get air out..but why a fast ? with the mods you have..the fast isn't needed..get your self a good lid, and a ls6 and a tune and watch how the car will wake up.
    Like, I said bought it the way it sits. Is just a lid going to help my car much, with the lower box? Is there anything better to get? I plain to get the fast, becuase I am going to get Heads/Cam in Dec or Jan.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Like, I said bought it the way it sits. Is just a lid going to help my car much, with the lower box? Is there anything better to get? I plain to get the fast, becuase I am going to get Heads/Cam in Dec or Jan.
    well if that is the case..then yes you deff need a lid or a cai or a volant ..that stock box is shit.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

you've probably got those sucky 2.73 gears in the rear. They usually pull hard up top though...???

I've beat every stock stang I've raced period and some highly modded ones with my bolton vert SS with the top down lol. I've raced 2 '05+ GTs and beat both. One had catback and I think intake. The other was a stock vert. That was just in the 1/8th at the track. I'm sure I'd put a bigger hurt on them in a longer race.

You don't need to waste your time and money on a FAST till you need it. Just do full-boltons which is step one, then go further. I suggest you get some spray. Just do a lot more research before you end up wasting your cash.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

well if that is the case..then yes you deff need a lid or a cai or a volant ..that stock box is shit.
    volant is a waste of $, the stock box is fine, and he needs a lid and cai. I have a lid and cai. My lid makes the most power of all the lids. I did back to back dyno of my car and gained 12rwhp with lid and kn vs 100% stock car. Later I added cai.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    volant is a waste of $, the stock box is fine, and he needs a lid and cai. I have a lid and cai. My lid makes the most power of all the lids. I did back to back dyno of my car and gained 12rwhp with lid and kn vs 100% stock car. Later I added cai.
    wait what ? a lid and a cai..how did that work ?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

wait what ? a lid and a cai..how did that work ?
    FTRA, you seal off the front of the box and it picks up cooler air from the bottom and supposedly pressurizes it at speed. Haven't had it dynoed with a fan at the front lately, but I trust it works when I get rolling pretty good.

98' trans am

ohhh ok..i was thinking you were referring to a standard cai..as in tube with a filter kind of cai...but the stock air box is garbage or else you wouldn't have a lid (i consider the stock airbox top and bottom

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

ohhh ok..i was thinking you were referring to a standard cai..as in tube with a filter kind of cai...but the stock air box is garbage or else you wouldn't have a lid (i consider the stock airbox top and bottom
    I see. I thought you were saying the whole thing is junk. I also thought you were saying scrap the whole thing for a volant. I almost got one of those but they're way too expensive and guess what the gains are? I read 12rwhp for between $275-$300!!! I got my lid for about half of that. I thought out my set up very carefully and I think its the best way to go for a Camaro. If I had a bird, I'd use the other Fast Toys kit which is made specifically for the birds.

2011 Prius

FTRA, you seal off the front of the box and it picks up cooler air from the bottom and supposedly pressurizes it at speed. Haven't had it dynoed with a fan at the front lately, but I trust it works when I get rolling pretty good.
    What lid do you have and I don't fully understand the CAI? I understand the concept. Is it something I buy or a mod?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

What lid do you have and I don't fully understand the CAI? I understand the concept. Is it something I buy or a mod?
    I have an mti lid. I think they stopped making them, but if you look around you may be able to find one. I think ws6store still has them.

cai/cold air induction... Cold air has more oxygen in it which helps to make more power, versus only sucking in hot air which is heated by the engine. Hot air is less dense with oxygen. It makes a difference.

You can do the free ram air mod which mainly costs time, or you can buy a real deal kit which will be more helpful.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

not impressed it took all these years for Ford to catch up.
    As far as my car goes, they still haven't caught up My engine is still bone stock besides some stronger pushrods I put in. Those give 0hp

2011 Prius

I have an mti lid. I think they stopped making them, but if you look around you may be able to find one. I think ws6store still has them.

cai/cold air induction... Cold air has more oxygen in it which helps to make more power, versus only sucking in hot air which is heated by the engine. Hot air is less dense with oxygen. It makes a difference.

You can do the free ram air mod which mainly costs time, or you can buy a real deal kit which will be more helpful.
    I am guessing this is it?
    http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...products_id=28

Seems pricey but worth it, I will look into the lid. But with the standard T/A bottom airbox, will that affect my performance, or can I change that out for the raised WS6 or better?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

that's the one I have, but for you I recommend this one
    http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...oducts_id=1475 only if you have the functional ram air hood. Your car can breathe from the front without the engine heating up the air, unlike SS ls1 Camaros with Factory hoods. Keep your eyes open on the forums because companies run group purchases at the request of members like you and you can get a much better deal on it.

I don't believe changing the lower air box will help you one bit, but I am not 100% on that.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

a4's aren't made for roll racing Check the door panel for gu5 or gu3 I remember the gu5 being 3:23 gears. I installed some weld in relocation brackets and my car digs in deep now from a dig at the track I went from 13.1's to 12.7's trapping the same mph. If you want more umph gears will take away our dead spots, which would be a better investment over a fast and the tb. Still he didn't pull on you.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    a4's aren't made for roll racing Check the dorr panel for gu5 or gu3 I remeber the gu5 being 3:23 gears. I installed some weld in relocation brackets and my car digs in deep now from a dig at the track I went from 13.1's to 12.7's trapping the same mph. If you want more umph gears will take away our dead spots, which would be a better investment over a fast and the tb. Still he didn't pull on you.

also the ftra kit I have says its supposed to save gas and all that. Well I did other mods such as underdrive pully and basically full boltons and now I've got 427hp. Kicker is, last winter I recorded 30.1 mpgs out of my car.

Over 400hp with better than factory mpg numbers(28mpg) is all gravy in my book People always hear my loud ass car and say that thing has to suck on gas, I just say yea and smile because I know its probably doing better than their 4cyl unless its a prius or something

Over 400hp with better than factory mpg numbers(28mpg) is all gravy in my book People always hear my loud ass car and say that thing has to suck on gas, I just say yea and smile because I know its probably doing better than their 4cyl unless its a prius or something
    Ya know, it's unbelievable to try and talk to someone about sports cars gas mileage. It always turns into a bullshit arguement. I know several people with newer vettes and camaros getting good MPG's. Even my brothers stang would get 28+ MPG (2006 MGT)on the highway. The mindset is these V8's are gas guzzlers. I'm impressed how well they do. But when someone asks and you tell them you get the "yeah right" look .. or the , you must be figuring it wrong comment. Whatever... let them think what they want

Thread Information