Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 05 Gt

jay98ta

05 Gt

I was on my way to the track last Sat.driving along about 65 on a 4 lane road when a black 05 GT pulls along aside of me I look over at him and his looking at me with a shit eating grin on his face .I look back at the road and he revs his shitstang up I look at my wife and she tells me to bust his ass .I look ed over at him and told him to go he nails it i do the same I pulled him pretty bad I pull in to the track and he pulls in beside me . I got out minding my own besnes when he starts talk smack told me I only out ran him was because I sprayed I told him I would have embrassed him in front of G/F if I would have sparyed it So I unhook my NOS and we line up on the track I ran a 9.080 to his 9.54 He would never tell his mods He called me a laier when I told all I got is ram air k&n filter and F/M catback.

98 Trans AM
    A4 2.73 Moores performance Ram Air hood Flowmaster catback
    100 shot NOS

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i assume those were 1/8th times?!

nice job-keep leave those BOATS all wet =)

NBM
    '00 Z28

nice kill. Does anyone else get sick of being accused of spraying everytime you beat someone? I get it all the time. The sad thing is, all I've done to my '00 M6 is port the MAF ends and the free ram air mod. I did that three days ago though and haven't raced anyone yet. It's been pretty rainy here.

I think its funny that stock ls1's can beat modded Moosetangs. I love it.

9.5 in a new stang? damn that is like mid 14s. SLOW AS SHIT. damn

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    9.5 in a new stang? damn that is like mid 14s. SLOW AS SHIT. damn
    Slow track I'd wager, because this guys 9.0 1/8th time would be in the 14.0 range as well, dirt slow for a LS1...

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro Fan
    Slow track I'd wager, because this guys 9.0 1/8th time would be in the 14.0 range as well, dirt slow for a LS1...
    I have seen a lot of the auto ls1's running high 13s low 14s.

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Really? I have a little 4.6 Moosetang that's ready for you anytime you want to run.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    I have seen a lot of the auto ls1's running high 13s low 14s.

Where are you located?

ryanz400
    Raced an 03 mach 1. Guy was about 30-35 and i was only 15. Didn't say a word after i beat him 3 times in a row.

Black
    99 SS

geez your young and got your license already?

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    geez your young and got your license already?

...and driving a car like that nonetheless lol

Black
    99 SS

yea i got one im still kinda young but will be 20 soon, my first car was a 1991 Chevy Corsica a POS!! had it for 3 years, LOL

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blown284
    Really? I have a little 4.6 Moosetang that's ready for you anytime you want to run.
    Look, I know my car is stock. I have no illusions of grandure. I realize there are many, many cars out there that'll beat mine. I just think it's funny that people with mustangs have to do a ton to simply keep up with a stock LS1. Hey, I live in Minnesota, if you want to drive up here to race...

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

So you've gone from saying this:
    To now saying this:
    Look, I know my car is stock. I have no illusions of grandure. I realize there are many, many cars out there that'll beat mine. I just think it's funny that people with mustangs have to do a ton to simply keep up with a stock LS1. Hey, I live in Minnesota, if you want to drive up here to race...
    Which is it? Stock LS1's can beat modded Mustangs or not? You seem like you can't make up your mind and indecisive.

Drive up to Minnesota to run? LOL are you serious? Now it appears that you're making excuses that folks have to do a "TON" to keep up with a stock LS1? Wow... good excuse. What's it matter when you hit the track? It's run whatcha brung at the track. Do you go and ask everyone what their mods are before racing at the track, then, make a determination on if you're going to run them or not?

BigBlockPower
    While we are speaking of Mustangs...take a look at the sig....while my big block (and smallblocks) are quite modded, I'd hardly have to "do a ton" of modding to either engine family to "keep up with stock LS1s".... Maybe you have narrowmindly equated Ford power with N/A 4.6s

Blown284 & BigBlockPower,

What's the problem? This is an LS1 site. Did you come here to read about how we all love our Fords? His statement is true. There are some stock LS1's that can beat some moded Mustang's. That's not even the point. He's an LS1 guy demonstrating his pride on an LS1 website. That's what we do here. He's not over there on a Mustang website picking on people. Give it a rest.

Black
    99 SS

and he is also comparing the 4.6 to the 5.7 which the 4.6 has to be mooded to keep up with the 5.7 its a proven fact.

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-450
    Blown284 & BigBlockPower,

What's the problem? This is an LS1 site. Did you come here to read about how we all love our Fords? His statement is true. There are some stock LS1's that can beat some moded Mustang's. That's not even the point. He's an LS1 guy demonstrating his pride on an LS1 website. That's what we do here. He's not over there on a Mustang website picking on people. Give it a rest.
    I understand you want to come to his rescue, however, he's saying a very generalized statement that a stock LS1 can take mod'd mustangs. The statement is wrong and that's my only point. By no means am I "picking on" people. I'm pointing out facts.

Settle down? By no means am I upset nor will I ever be at anything that's over the interweb

Black
    99 SS

ok a 4.6 with whaust and cold air still cant keep up with a ls1

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    and he is also comparing the 4.6 to the 5.7 which the 4.6 has to be mooded to keep up with the 5.7 its a proven fact.
    Let's do the math here. 5.7-4.6 = how many less cubes? Did you see me bring that up and whining about less cubes? Nope. I have no issues with LS1's, LT1's, L98's, or any other chebby product (yes I've owned a few).

Thread Information