Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6

This is a discussion on 04 Mach 1 vs 02 ZO6 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Angus66 Link#1 Link#2 Link#3 Link#4 hmmm 3.42 gears on stock M6, I guess they do have those. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    hmmm 3.42 gears on stock M6, I guess they do have those. interesting, all the people I've talked to claimed 3.23 or 2.73.. perhaps A4 folks.. I do drive an A4 and definetly have 3.23.. that I know.
    thanks for the links.
    Last edited by djvaly; 11-24-2006 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    I'll leave it thanks.

I've personally seen enough stock Machs run faster/quicker than that in less-than-ideal conditions to know that they're capable of more from the factory.

My Mach currently has 335 rwhp & runs 11.3's - 11.4's in the 1/4 (no power-adder) - how do you explain that then?

RWHP - while ceratainly nice to have in abundance - isn't the sole factor that
    determines what ET or MPH any car will run.

Powerband characteristics, driveline efficiency, transmission & rear-end gearing, weight, suspension, weight-transfer, track prep & weather conditions all play a BIG role when trying to achieve the fastest/quickest 1/4-mile run.
    a C6 Z06 will do 11.4 in 1/4 and it's got 415rwhp with 300 lbs less than Mach1.. did you use sticky tires or anything to shave off time? it is really interesting u can get that kind of time.. your friend Mach1Mustang claims at best 12.8 with 315rwhp. come on now folks. have you raced a c6 Z06 u should pretty much side by side.. also not to mention your bigger brother Cobras 03/04 have 350rwhp and they pull 12.8-12.7 at the track all day..

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    a C6 Z06 will do 11.4 in 1/4 and it's got 415rwhp with 300 lbs less than Mach1.. did you use sticky tires or anything to shave off time? it is really interesting u can get that kind of time.. your friend Mach1Mustang claims at best 12.8 with 315rwhp. come on now folks. have you raced a c6 Z06 u should pretty much side by side.. also not to mention your bigger brother Cobras 03/04 have 350rwhp and they pull 12.8-12.7 at the track all day..
    This post is about the 02 ZO6, which is alot less of a car than the 06 model.
    And actually, the new ZO6 has more like 435 rear wheel horse. And remember the Mach 1 in quetion is NOT stock, the story sounds right on to me. Also the Mach 1 weighs 250 ponds less than the 03 Cobras.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

hmmm 3.42 gears on stock M6, I guess they do have those. interesting, all the people I've talked to claimed 3.23 or 2.73.. perhaps A4 folks.. I do drive an A4 and definetly have 3.23.. that I know.
    thanks for the links.
    Tell your friends to look at the white sticker on the inside of the driver door, it has a bunch 3 digit of codes on it. the factory code for the rear end gears all start with GU. Look for GU2 for 2.73 gears, look for GU5 for 3.23 gears, and look for GU6 for 3.42 gears. Or I can save you time, if its a 6-speed and 96-02 its got a 3.42 rear end. If its a 93-95 anda 6 speed, its got a 3.23 gears probally, but possible to have others. If its an auto, its either got 2.73 or 3.23.
    You can tell alot from those codes, you would be surprised. It an easy way to see if a car is a real WS6, just look for the code WS6, you can spot a clone that way. just some f.y.i. for ya. Ive had 4 of the cars myself.

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

a C6 Z06 will do 11.4 in 1/4 and it's got 415rwhp with 300 lbs less than Mach1..
    Although I don't know the spec weights of all the ZO6's of each year, I do know that not one single factory ZO6 weighs 300 lbs less than my Mach w/driver.

My current race weight is between 3150 - 3190 lbs w/driver depending on how much gas I gas to run in the tank.

It's more likely that my Mach weighs less with me in it than most ZO6's weigh without driver.

did you use sticky tires or anything to shave off time? it is really interesting u can get that kind of time..
    Of course I did - 26" X 15" Mickey Thompson ET Drags actually.

your friend Mach1Mustang claims at best 12.8 with 315rwhp.
    Tha just shows you that rwhp isn't the only factor involved in running a certain.
    Sure it's important, but isn't the "End-All-Be-All" of racing.

come on now folks. have you raced a c6 Z06 u should pretty much side by side.. also not to mention your bigger brother Cobras 03/04 have 350rwhp and they pull 12.8-12.7 at the track all day..
    Yes, I've beat both of those cars at the track - even modded '03/'04 Cobras & ZO6's on numerous occasions.
    (Videos of some of those races are available if you want me to post them)

With that said, I certainly don't think my Mach is "All that" - I've gotten my ass handed to me more than once as well.

My point BTW (in case you missed it the 1st 3 or 4 times I made it) was that you shouldn't assume that because Car "X" doesn't have "Y" amount of rwhp doesn't mean it can't be fast/quick...
    '03 Mach 1
    Low 11's N/A on the factory long-block...
    ... a little faster on the juice.

nobody is arguing that rwhp is everything. but stock for stock torque vs. rwhp balance is everything.. u can drive a huge truck with lots of torque but low rwhp, or some race car with so so torque and plenty rwhp. and they both do poorly at the track...
    that's the whole point of stalling a car to get the torque multiplier kicking. so a good balance is needed between power and tq, and for the record I never said hp is everything.. but assuming u have stock tires, stock engine.. u know factory stock, Mach1 would not stand a chance going 12's on 1/4.. at least I did not see it yet and been going for the last 2 yrs at the track. we can all sit here and claim times but seeing is believing it.
    btw. your Mach1 '03 is at 3450lbs and C6 Z06 is at 3150.. so it is 300lbs without driver. so u probably did some weight reduction which is not considered stock. my point is about stock vs. stock car, not necesarily the engine, so it is all about rwhp and torque in the context I outlined, because when u get into modding, yep.. there's many variables.
    so we are on the same page I think.

here's the true weight:
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...tang&trimid=-1

and yes, to get back to the thread subject, it is a nice kill, anything can be killed having the proper mods, throw enough money at the car and u will do lots of kills
    Last edited by djvaly; 11-24-2006 at 07:54 AM.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

angus those dynos of mach stangs i posted a link to on the last page was from YOUUUUUUUUR link u gave me jackass.....u were trying to prove what they put down so i clicked on YOUR link and thats what i found........just go play somwhere else....typical ford fuy

2002 TA

nope there's no 3.42 avail to us... never heard of that gear being offered to us,
    Because you never heard of it means it doesn't exist? Sorry man, but I have just begun to learn about LS1's and that was one of the first things I learned, the available optional gear ratio's. You stand corrected.

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    angus those dynos of mach stangs i posted a link to on the last page was from YOUUUUUUUUR link u gave me jackass.....u were trying to prove what they put down so i clicked on YOUR link and thats what i found........just go play somwhere else....typical ford fuy
    And you're a retard, now go play in traffic and let the big boys talk.... typical idiot.

pewter

haha ty boy..now go ask mommy for some more milk..dont respond to me again till u move out of moms house

pewter

and funny...i wasnt even asking u anything?? u just jumped right in on me

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Because you never heard of it means it doesn't exist? Sorry man, but I have just begun to learn about LS1's and that was one of the first things I learned, the available optional gear ratio's. You stand corrected.
    no biggie, I said it doesn't exist as far as I know. or that I never heard of it.
    on my door I got a GU5 as specs for 3.23, other people claimed GU2.. so never heard of 3.42 gears usage, that's all. that's why I asked for proof.. At least I was cocky to say I know everything, so I did say this is what I saw or heard of but if he knows something I don't to bring some proof.
    nothing wrong with it.. we all are here to learn something every now and then. debate is good..

black
    02 z28

wow...very um,....entertaining....other than the couple of "experts" in this thread, everyone with real world experience knows a stock mach 1 runs the SAME as a stock ls1.................really.......at the track .........on the street.........up hill ...........down hill...........lets see what else......thats all, please resume arguing.
    02 z28 auto...13.1s@109mph on stock tires with 80+ temp....lid,filter,corsa cat back,hpp3.

this thread is starting to get personal and finger pointing type. so leave your "internet" muscles somewhere else and be open minded and learn something from one another.. the Ford people usually are not any different than the ricers coming to LS1 claiming numbers without timeslips, and causing arguments on personal level. this is a nice forum, if u come in here, u understand to bring proof of what u are talking about.. and yes we can all learn a thing or two, sometimes you never heard of a tech spec so you ask for a fellow memeber to show u some proof, it is how we learn from one another..

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

time to end this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information