Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 03 cobra vs ls1

Silver
    03 Cobra

03 cobra vs ls1

So I'm rolling along and this white camaro pulls up to me (I think 00-02) and I can tell he has exhaust, stall, tires and maybe gears. I can't hear him we slow to about 20 mph and he says go and takes off. I was in 2nd still, so I punch it. He put about 3-5 lengths on me right away then I started to slow his pull maybe stop it. He told me he ran 11.80's at the track and I replied "Faster than me". I asked for another run but he said, "I don't want to waste anymore gas" which I took offense to right away, but then he said your cool bud and I gave him a thumbs up. I have to say, after I thought about it I was a waste of gas for him...lol. What kind of mods do you guys need to run 11.80's?

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

150 shot LOL. Did he sound like he had a cam? If not he had to have quite a bit invested in bolt ons even if he was stalled that would have done nothing for him from a roll.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Sounds like that guy was a d bag! Someone needs to teach him some manners. Or maybe he was just really concerned with his gas situation and wasnt tryin to be a fag, but I would have taken offense to his comment as well.
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

Silver
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    150 shot LOL. Did he sound like he had a cam? If not he had to have quite a bit invested in bolt ons even if he was stalled that would have done nothing for him from a roll.
    He had a cam for sure, but it didnt help that i was at like 2000 rpms when we took off either.

Silver
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    Sounds like that guy was a d bag! Someone needs to teach him some manners. Or maybe he was just really concerned with his gas situation and wasnt tryin to be a fag, but I would have taken offense to his comment as well.
    Well if he does see me again he won't like it. I have a whipple in the basement with supporting mods.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by 03cobes View Post
    Well if he does see me again he won't like it. I have a whipple in the basement with supporting mods.
    Uh, oh, I hope you run into him again with that whipple. If you do run into him and smoke em you have to say "Damn it!! That was a waste of gas!!"

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    Maybe he really didn't wan't to waste anymore gas. He stated the guy put 5 lengths on him...It wasn't even worth another run.

Gas is rather expensive these days...

Yeah, and by then he'll probably have a big shot of nitrous to go along with that heads & cam package!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

11.80's is easy with a cam and supporting mods..

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Yeah, and by then he'll probably have a big shot of nitrous to go along with that heads & cam package!
    HaHa! He better have something

Black
    03 Cobra

Oh it's gonna be lights iut for him as long as you know how to handle that beastly power

Good run tho took a loss, he didn't have the balls to do a fair race and he didn't have the balls to run you gain but at least you didn't punk out

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Maybe he really didn't wan't to waste anymore gas. He stated the guy put 5 lengths on him...It wasn't even worth another run.

he knew he was going to get smoked since he won bcuz he didn't even want to honk or count to three to take off evenly/fairly!!! the cobra guy took off at 2K and LATE.
    Last edited by mike302; 07-22-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Silver
    03 Cobra

That's fine, I have a dry shot going on as well.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    Oh it's gonna be lights iut for him as long as you know how to handle that beastly power

Good run tho took a loss, he didn't have the balls to do a fair race and he didn't have the balls to run you gain but at least you didn't punk out

he knew he was going to get smoked since he won bcuz he didn't even want to honk or count to three to take off evenly/fairly!!! the cobra guy took off at 2K and LATE.
    Oh excuses, excuses, excuses

That's fine, I have a dry shot going on as well.
    Cool. Cause if he's squeezin' your gonna need it!

Silver
    03 Cobra

Oh excuses, excuses, excuses

Cool. Cause if he's squeezin' your gonna need it!
    Well, I doubt I'll ever see him again honestly, but I am curious as to what a camaro would need to take me out. Ill be looking at 650whp on boost and about 700 on juice. Could a H/C spray car take me out?

10's N/A

Well, I doubt I'll ever see him again honestly, but I am curious as to what a camaro would need to take me out. Ill be looking at 650whp on boost and about 700 on juice. Could a H/C spray car take me out?
    To answer your question, i'll give you an example of my brothers car. He owns a Pewter '98 Z28 M6 with an LQ9 Block/377ci, Ported heads, Fast 90/90, custom Cam from Thunder Racing, and a TNT 2-stage nitrous kit. His car dyno'd 733rwhp on spray.

So the answer to your question is yes a H/C nitrous LS1 can easily achieve that power level...and then some.

Black
    03 Cobra

they would need a lot: stroke motor, ported heads, cam, etc

You could make well over 700RWHP more like 800 RWHP with about 19-21 PSI on that whipple supporting mods, full exhaust, a 100-150 direct port shot, 100+ octane and a good Tune may be even some cams would help out even more!

10's N/A

You could make well over 700RWHP more like 800 RWHP with about 19-21 PSI on that whipple supporting mods, full exhaust, a 100-150 direct port shot, 100+ octane and a good Tune may be even some cams would help out even more!
    Well any motor would need a "LOT" to produce over 700rwhp - period. Even the Cobra is not going to do that with the stock Eaton, and in many cases it takes some spray in addition to the blower. The last time I checked, dual power adders was considered a lot.

But remember were talking a nitrous-powered LSx. A centrifugally-blown LSx can reach the sky so to speak.

Silver
    03 Cobra

To answer your question, i'll give you an example of my brothers car. He owns a Pewter '98 Z28 M6 with an LQ9 Block/377ci, Ported heads, Fast 90/90, custom Cam from Thunder Racing, and a TNT 2-stage nitrous kit. His car dyno'd 733rwhp on spray.

So the answer to your question is yes a H/C nitrous LS1 can easily achieve that power level...and then some.
    Ok, so they would need a either a different motor or some machine work then. That is one nasty car your brother has.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

So I'm rolling along and this white camaro pulls up to me (I think 00-02) and I can tell he has exhaust, stall, tires and maybe gears. I can't hear him we slow to about 20 mph and he says go and takes off. I was in 2nd still, so I punch it. He put about 3-5 lengths on me right away then I started to slow his pull maybe stop it. He told me he ran 11.80's at the track and I replied "Faster than me". I asked for another run but he said, "I don't want to waste anymore gas" which I took offense to right away, but then he said your cool bud and I gave him a thumbs up. I have to say, after I thought about it I was a waste of gas for him...lol. What kind of mods do you guys need to run 11.80's?
    With the mods listed in my profile I run 11.9 to 12.3 depending on the weather... It took a cam, stall and 3.73s to really wake the car up. With the spray I do a little better but not much... It takes some investment to run in the 11's

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

stroked motor?? the OP is a m6 i would take it.. not doubt.. so from a roll, yeah it is veryy possible for him to be beaten by a correctly setup H/C/Stalled plus spray ls1.. from a roll i dont?

Ok, so they would need a either a different motor or some machine work then. That is one nasty car your brother has.
    no, they wouldnt...

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    With the mods listed in my profile I run 11.9 to 12.3 depending on the weather... It took a cam, stall and 3.73s to really wake the car up. With the spray I do a little better but not much... It takes some investment to run in the 11's
    i have about 1500 in my car, thats app. mods and go fast mods... MS4 with supporting mods.. 4000 stall LT's TD's.. no intake no heads no gears..
    11.8 in the 1/4.. add a 150 or 200 shot.. ill be on your ass if your not spraying.. add head's intake and gears... go ahead and spray... itll be a good run..

granted from a dig.. now if i had a converter for rolls or my car was setup for the highway (m6).........

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    With the spray I do a little better but not much... It takes some investment to run in the 11's
    I take it your running, what...a 50-shot?

11's can be quite simple - and cheap. I've seen it done with lid, catback, BFG dr's, and a DynoTune 150-wet kit...on an '98 Formy M6.

Thread Information