Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

03 cobra vs ls1

This is a discussion on 03 cobra vs ls1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by lemons12 stroked motor?? the OP is a m6 i would take it.. not doubt.. so from a ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    18

    Silver
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    stroked motor?? the OP is a m6 i would take it.. not doubt.. so from a roll, yeah it is veryy possible for him to be beaten by a correctly setup H/C/Stalled plus spray ls1.. from a roll i dont?



    no, they wouldnt...



    i have about 1500 in my car, thats app. mods and go fast mods... MS4 with supporting mods.. 4000 stall LT's TD's.. no intake no heads no gears..
    11.8 in the 1/4.. add a 150 or 200 shot.. ill be on your ass if your not spraying.. add head's intake and gears... go ahead and spray... itll be a good run..

    granted from a dig.. now if i had a converter for rolls or my car was setup for the highway (m6).........
    Well, I'm just saying I could spray the same amount as you with the blower swap, so I think you would need some more help from either more cubes or some other form. Correct me if I'm wrong, I dont know a whole lot about the ls1's.

  2. #22
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by 03cobes View Post
    Well, I'm just saying I could spray the same amount as you with the blower swap, so I think you would need some more help from either more cubes or some other form. Correct me if I'm wrong, I dont know a whole lot about the ls1's.
    No, the stock 346 cubes would be enough to achieve that kind of power with a strong bottom and a big shot of nitrous.

  3. #23
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Well any motor would need a "LOT" to produce over 700rwhp - period. Even the Cobra is not going to do that with the stock Eaton, and in many cases it takes some spray in addition to the blower. The last time I checked, dual power adders was considered a lot.

    But remember were talking a nitrous-powered LSx. A centrifugally-blown LSx can reach the sky so to speak.
    but those LSX engines don't hold up with high boost!!! I've been researching they don't have forged internals and have weak rod bolts??? Im looking to get a C5 Z06 or a C6 LS3 some time this upcoming year, I was told that they could make around 500RWHP to be safe anything more then that! the engine will be in danger! So I could imagine the LS1s

  4. #24
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    but those LSX engines don't hold up with high boost!!! I've been researching they don't have forged internals and have weak rod bolts??? Im looking to get a C5 Z06 or a C6 LS3 some time this upcoming year, I was told that they could make around 500RWHP to be safe anything more then that! the engine will be in danger! So I could imagine the LS1s
    Do the C6 LS3 with the Z51 package. IMO much better than the C5 Z06, but that is better than the LS2 C6.

  5. #25
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    No, the stock 346 cubes would be enough to achieve that kind of power with a strong bottom and a big shot of nitrous.
    thats what I meant you'll have to build up the bottom end and we don't there are some cobras making 800+/- RWHP on stock bottom/Motor with good suporting mods, fuel, and tune

  6. #26
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Do the C6 LS3 with the Z51 package. IMO much better than the C5 Z06, but that is better than the LS2 C6.
    Oh shit I meant the C5 Z06 not sure on the C6 LS2/LS3s yet working on that

  7. #27
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I take it your running, what...a 50-shot?

    11's can be quite simple - and cheap. I've seen it done with lid, catback, BFG dr's, and a DynoTune 150-wet kit...on an '98 Formy M6.
    lol.. you can be in the 10s with just a cam only A4 and spray.. thats less than 2 grand out of your pocket..

    Quote Originally Posted by 03cobes View Post
    Well, I'm just saying I could spray the same amount as you with the blower swap, so I think you would need some more help from either more cubes or some other form. Correct me if I'm wrong, I dont know a whole lot about the ls1's.
    no... gotta pay attention.. im saying a stalled A4 with the mods i listed against you in the 1/4 or 1/8 would probably take you.. its just that a4s are SOB's outta the hole..

    now if your talking 700rwhp plus spraying a 200 shot... then yea, thats gonna need more than an ls1 will be able to give you.. but 650ish plus a 100 shot or 75 shot... an a4 should take you with mods given. m6 should be a drivers race.

  8. #28
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    but those LSX engines don't hold up with high boost!!! I've been researching they don't have forged internals and have weak rod bolts??? Im looking to get a C5 Z06 or a C6 LS3 some time this upcoming year, I was told that they could make around 500RWHP to be safe anything more then that! the engine will be in danger! So I could imagine the LS1s

    no we are by no means built for boost..ls3 i believe could make more than 500 to the ground while being safe.. but i could be wrong...

    age old arguent.. i could build my TA that i bought up enough to beat a whippled cobra plus spray and still not have as much money in my car as you paid for yours bone stock.. ------ haha i love that!

    anyways.. you can make ooobs or power with less mods than and ls1 can.. but there are a lot of ls1s that will beat you or can beat you without as much HP.

  9. #29
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    ive got a friend that has an 03 cobra.. pullied exhaust yada yada yada.... he dynoed like 450ish to the ground.. i dynoed 355.. but he wont race me cause he knows he'll lose..

    granted i wont race him from a roll cause he should take me.. ill only race if he goes from a dig.. just an example.. ive beaten many cars that im not "suppose" to beat.

  10. #30
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    lol.. you can be in the 10s with just a cam only A4 and spray.. thats less than 2 grand out of your pocket..
    Yup, your right. Seen it done several times. There are a lot of fast LSx's here in NorCal.

  11. #31
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Yup, your right. Seen it done several times. There are a lot of fast LSx's here in NorCal.
    you could be in the 9s with a nice H/C and sprayed ls1..

  12. #32
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    you could be in the 9s with a nice H/C and sprayed ls1..
    Or 8's...


  13. #33
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    sweet

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    18

    Silver
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    lol.. you can be in the 10s with just a cam only A4 and spray.. thats less than 2 grand out of your pocket..



    no... gotta pay attention.. im saying a stalled A4 with the mods i listed against you in the 1/4 or 1/8 would probably take you.. its just that a4s are SOB's outta the hole..

    now if your talking 700rwhp plus spraying a 200 shot... then yea, thats gonna need more than an ls1 will be able to give you.. but 650ish plus a 100 shot or 75 shot... an a4 should take you with mods given. m6 should be a drivers race.
    Ok, That makes sense. Ya, I wouldn't want to race an a4 out of the hole unless I had to, I would get drug.

  15. #35
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 03cobes View Post
    Ok, That makes sense. Ya, I wouldn't want to race an a4 out of the hole unless I had to, I would get drug.
    my point. with whatever your racing!

  16. #36
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    It's all on traction and Driver mod! I beat my buddies 2.6H Kenne Bell Cobra and he makes 600+RWHP at the track and I wasn't even power shiftin or really slamin my gears due to gay ass stock clutch not holding as good any more!

    Me on the right lane and my buddy on Left Lane!



    Here are 2 10Sec. streetable cobras!!!




    This one only has 516 RWHP most likely swapped pulley and Ported blower!
    Last edited by mike302; 07-23-2008 at 06:34 AM.

  17. #37
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    This one only has 516 RWHP most likely swapped pulley and Ported blower!
    Nice! That's right around what I was putting down at the wheels with the old jets. Unfortunately I wasn't able to break the 10 second barrier with the drag radials.

  18. #38
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Nice! That's right around what I was putting down at the wheels with the old jets. Unfortunately I wasn't able to break the 10 second barrier with the drag radials.
    there ya go 10 sec. streetable.. an Ms4 ls1 with a 150 shot is right there.. supporting mods... that is very streetable also.. not shooting hose cars down they are fast, im just helping the OP see its not hard to get us there..

    i have proof of an ms4 car running 10s.. im not just talking out my ass..

  19. #39
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    there ya go 10 sec. streetable.. an Ms4 ls1 with a 150 shot is right there.. supporting mods... that is very streetable also.. not shooting hose cars down they are fast, im just helping the OP see its not hard to get us there..

    i have proof of an ms4 car running 10s.. im not just talking out my ass..
    Not sure about the MS4, but there are two MS3-cammed LS1's on the top 15 fastest 'Cam-Only' list.

    # 7. Trevor @ TSP ---10.510@125.80 (1.43), 98 Z, 4l60e, 4500, 4.56, MS3, -1000, 3175, 2/05

    #14 camscam02-----10.980@121.98 (1.47), 02 SS, 4L60E, 4400, 4.10, MS3, +290, 3370, 11/07

    (Above copied from "Tech")

    Assuming the MS4 is a more aggressive grind (not familiar with the specs) I would assume it would be more than possible to go 10's cam-only.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 07-23-2008 at 04:10 PM.

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    18

    Silver
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Not sure about the MS4, but there are two MS3-cammed LS1's on the top 15 fastest 'Cam-Only' list.

    # 7. Trevor @ TSP ---10.510@125.80 (1.43), 98 Z, 4l60e, 4500, 4.56, MS3, -1000, 3175, 2/05

    #14 camscam02-----10.980@121.98 (1.47), 02 SS, 4L60E, 4400, 4.10, MS3, +290, 3370, 11/07

    (Above copied from "Tech")

    Assuming the MS4 is a more aggressive grind (not familiar with the specs) I would assume it would be more than possible to go 10's cam-only.
    Damn, Thats impressive! I am hoping to hit 10's this year if I'm lucky and can get my times down.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 04 cobra vs 04 gto
    By burnsxxxls1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
  2. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Cobra's Wow!
    By camarojunky74 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •