Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

03 Cobra vs. 99 TA

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra vs. 99 TA within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; ok, i finally got to race my friend at the track. Got a vid too. The first race we had ...

  1. #1
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    03 Cobra vs. 99 TA

    ok, i finally got to race my friend at the track. Got a vid too.

    The first race we had went to him a couple years ago (I was stock). Next race I had CAI and catback and that round went to me. Third round i had pulley, exhaust, cai and tune. He got a couple more things and I won that one too.

    Here's round 4.

    http://www.youtube.com/v/893uDeYwFG8

    His mods are cam, longtubes, o/r y pipe, corsa catback, cutout, injectors, pulley, lid, K&n, 4.10's, subframe connectors, strut tower brace, and 315 street tires (BFG).

    Times were:
    ..........Me............TA
    RT........005.........055
    60'.......2.299.......2.258
    330'.....5.646.......5.838
    1/8......8.483.......8.705
    MPH.....89.312.....86.322
    1000....10.837.....11.141
    1/4......12.862.....13.184
    MPH.....111.158...110.677

    Weather was 75*, 30.00 Baro, 30% humidity, 100ft above sea level.

    I came to find out i was letting go of the gas a little early (cant tell where the finish line is) and I shortshifted the 3-4 a little. I probably would have trapped 112-112.5.

    For reference, I saw a new LS7 Z06 trap 114, SRT 8 charger trap 100-101, RT Charger @ 95, and a few pullied cobras in the 111-113's. Also, there was a heads/large cam (24x duration, .60x lift)/full bolt on 02 TA trapping 113-115.

    12.718 @ 117.47

  2. #2
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    here's another one, he tree'd me by ~.4 but i caught him at the very end. I ran 12.9 on that one.

    http://www.youtube.com/v/hEWo3Lkk5IE

  3. #3
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Parma Heights, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    891

    SOM
    99 Trans Am

    Good runs, sounds like you both have some pretty nice cars .

  4. #4
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    sweet runs man

  5. #5
    Rice Hungry GottaHaveLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,316

    Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

    i can't watch the vid cuz i'm at work. but what is a cammed ls1 doing in the 13s? i'm no track pro and i know a lot of factors are involved, but I was under the impression that pullied cobras and cammed ls1s were both 11 sec cars.

  6. #6
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    i can't watch the vid cuz i'm at work. but what is a cammed ls1 doing in the 13s? i'm no track pro and i know a lot of factors are involved, but I was under the impression that pullied cobras and cammed ls1s were both 11 sec cars.
    didn't you see my reference part?

  7. #7
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    oh ya, another car I remember was an LS2 GTO 6spd running 102-105. Not sure about mods, but he did have a really loud car.

  8. #8
    Rice Hungry GottaHaveLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,316

    Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    didn't you see my reference part?
    what do you mean "reference part". btw, i didn't mean to offend anyone.

  9. #9
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    what do you mean "reference part". btw, i didn't mean to offend anyone.
    my response seems sharp but wasnt intended. Im "working" so the answers have to be kept short. The reference part i meant was where I posted the trap speeds of some of the notable vehicles I saw. I'd say the average was about 5+ mph slower than typical.

  10. #10
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    I'm not understanding why the times are so far off either. You're only 100 feet above sea level and the temps were 75degrees. I could see if you were in Colorado maybe but something doesn't add up.

  11. #11
    Rice Hungry GottaHaveLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,316

    Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

    yea i see ur point, it seems like all the cars u mentioned should trap higher mph

  12. #12
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    I wonder what the deal was with everyone at the track that night? Assuming your still in Northern California and not in a higher elevation state. I guess everybodies driving just happened to suck on the same night.

  13. #13
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    I would hope the driving was bad... I have no where near the mods as the TA, but have better times. Is the track prep good at this particular track?

  14. #14
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I wonder what the deal was with everyone at the track that night? Assuming your still in Northern California and not in a higher elevation state. I guess everybodies driving just happened to suck on the same night.
    Sacramento Raceway. Yah, all of us huddled up together and everybody decided as a group to have a crappy night. I forgot to mention that part.

  15. #15
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I would hope the driving was bad... I have no where near the mods as the TA, but have better times. Is the track prep good at this particular track?
    the track prep seemed 1/2 decent, in comparison to a wednesday night atleast. there was test and tune early in the day, but this event (Grudge Fest) started late in the day (6:00 pm) and there wasnt any prep after the morning test and tune. It was 88* during the day and still 75* by 9 pm.

    just goes to show you comparing track numbers is like comparing dyno numbers.

  16. #16
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    His mods are cam, longtubes, o/r y pipe, corsa catback, cutout, injectors, pulley, lid, K&n, 4.10's, subframe connectors, strut tower brace, and 315 street tires (BFG).

    Times were:
    ..........Me............TA
    RT........005.........055
    60'.......2.299.......2.258
    330'.....5.646.......5.838
    1/8......8.483.......8.705
    MPH.....89.312.....86.322
    1000....10.837.....11.141
    1/4......12.862.....13.184
    MPH.....111.158...110.677

    Weather was 75*, 30.00 Baro, 30% humidity, 100ft above sea level.
    with those modifications, and that sea level- I would be completely bummed to still be in the 13s-- Has he ever broke into the 12s?

    Nice runs by the way

  17. #17
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    Sacramento Raceway. Yah, all of us huddled up together and everybody decided as a group to have a crappy night. I forgot to mention that part.
    O.K. I thought that looked like Sac Raceway. And it looked like you guys did agree upon having a terrible race night, due to the 111mph trap speed and over 450rwhp - LOL.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A


  18. #18
    vroomvroom BLUCAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    19
    00 Z28 & 84ish Mustang

    2.2 60" times are BS. With 2.0 times and those trap speeds they ought to both be at least mid 12 second cars. I guess track prep really sucks there, or they're both running crappy tires.

    The trap speeds sound low but don't really sound too far off normal, the SRT even sounds high.

  19. #19
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    O.K. I thought that looked like Sac Raceway. And it looked like you guys did agree upon having a terrible race night, due to the 111mph trap speed and over 450rwhp - LOL.
    yup yup its a big conspiracy.

  20. #20
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUCAS View Post
    2.2 60" times are BS. With 2.0 times and those trap speeds they ought to both be at least mid 12 second cars. I guess track prep really sucks there, or they're both running crappy tires.

    The trap speeds sound low but don't really sound too far off normal, the SRT even sounds high.
    most of the charger SRT8's i've seen on the net trap 106 - 108+ stock (check out chargerforums.com or lxforums.com). The one at the track had atleast a catback. So 114 from a c6 z06 sounds close to normal? there was also a GT500 that trapped 104 (no joke!). I think that was bad driving combined with our unwritten/unspoken agreement of all cars to run slower than they are capable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 04 cobra vs 04 gto
    By burnsxxxls1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
  2. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Cobra's Wow!
    By camarojunky74 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •