Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 184

'03 Celica is calling me out...

This is a discussion on '03 Celica is calling me out... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Mr. Luos Wiki... Regardless...there are some out there that can and will go 11.0 at 126MPH. Buddy ...

  1. #41
    Senior Member MrMasterCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,266

    2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Wiki...

    Regardless...there are some out there that can and will go 11.0 at 126MPH.
    Buddy has a mid 90s hatch w with a k20/turbo/IC and ran a 6.8 on slicks. I know nothing about the car other than the motor, turbo, an cooler and it looks absolutely stupid retarded with FWD Slicks sticking out of the side

    Anyways, its still a 6.80 car which I can't touch right now. But I know he said he was stocking up on axles this winter to prep for this upcoming track season

    EDIT: That's 1/8 mile time. He won't give me his MPH, but just said "there's alot left in her", implying the ET wouldn't match the trap speed and the car needs the 1/4 to show its true numbers
    Last edited by MrMasterCraft; 02-10-2010 at 03:51 PM.

  2. #42
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Wiki...

    Regardless...there are some out there that can and will go 11.0 at 126MPH.
    Theres the problem

    Never seen a Honda run anything close to those kinds of times at the track. The amount of money it takes to get a FWD economy car to go that fast is ridiculous. Most of the 14 and 15 second ones I see come apart before the end of the track, nevermind 11's.

    The bottom line is if you want to go fast, you don't buy a Honda. I don't need to tell you that though, you already know.

  3. #43
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Buddy has a mid 90s hatch w with a k20/turbo/IC and ran a 6.8 on slicks. I know nothing about the car other than the motor, turbo, an cooler and it looks absolutely stupid retarded with FWD Slicks sticking out of the side

    Anyways, its still a 6.80 car which I can't touch right now. But I know he said he was stocking up on axles this winter to prep for this upcoming track season

    EDIT: That's 1/8 mile time. He won't give me his MPH, but just said "there's alot left in her", implying the ET wouldn't match the trap speed and the car needs the 1/4 to show its true numbers
    Please keep us updated...its only a matter of time. Open deck, 2 bolt, high compression engines don't tend to like boost all that much. Especially Hondas. They are economy car motors, built as cheaply as possible. Although the K20 does have a timing chain, which is an improvement over their older engines.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nobody believes you are far as they can throw you.

    A FWD 200HP 4 cylinder running 11.0 @126MPH?? Next time you should specify how much thrust the turbine engines strapped to the sides were pushing.
    This was one of his runs at the said event:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RhwmlImL84&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RhwmlImL84&NR=1[/ame]

    It's quite apparent you are ignorant and cannot see reason. I know what I'm talking about. I know what it takes for an import to be fast. You don't. So, please do everyone a favor and keep your ignorance to yourself.

  5. #45
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Theres the problem

    Never seen a Honda run anything close to those kinds of times at the track. The amount of money it takes to get a FWD economy car to go that fast is ridiculous. Most of the 14 and 15 second ones I see come apart before the end of the track, nevermind 11's.

    The bottom line is if you want to go fast, you don't buy a Honda. I don't need to tell you that though, you already know.
    Several of them here.

    Again, ANY car can be fast. I understand you are basicly anti-import and you are more than welcome to your opinion.
    Just know there are fast imports out there. Plenty around here that will walk me pretty easily.

  6. #46
    Member 1986camarojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    340
    99 Z28 04 Corvette

    Of course superluminal chimes in, any import ever mentioned on these boards and he will jump in claiming he has a friend with the same car that they invested $25 into and filled it up with gas, now it runs 10s. Why's he talking about hondas? Arent celicas toyotas? either way it's slow. I beat one in my pile of shit 91 RS that had a 305. aanddd it was the top model celica I think GTS or some shit.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    Of course superluminal chimes in, any import ever mentioned on these boards and he will jump in claiming he has a friend with the same car that they invested $25 into and filled it up with gas, now it runs 10s. Why's he talking about hondas? Arent celicas toyotas? either way it's slow. I beat one in my pile of shit 91 RS that had a 305. aanddd it was the top model celica I think GTS or some shit.
    I chime in to dispel false accusations and information with actual facts and proof from personal experience. That is the reason. Understand?

  8. #48
    Member 1986camarojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    340
    99 Z28 04 Corvette

    Wheres the false information? This race hasn't even taken place. You're like a broken record with this honda propoganda.. Am I right a celica is a toyota? yet you make this another honda thread.

  9. #49
    Member 1986camarojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    340
    99 Z28 04 Corvette

    If this dumbass with the celica challenged the OP on facebook, then put up a wager of $500, then pussed out... and now is avoiding the race all together. What makes you think he has the funds or know how to make a celica fast?

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    If this dumbass with the celica challenged the OP on facebook, then put up a wager of $500, then pussed out... and now is avoiding the race all together. What makes you think he has the funds or know how to make a celica fast?
    Personally when im being challenged in any challenge that involves money i do not underestimate the other person. You should always know what they could run with there setup so you know that if you can beat what would be a good time in that car that you will def beat that car if its not properly setup and not running what it should run.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-11-2010 at 07:16 AM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    Wheres the false information? This race hasn't even taken place. You're like a broken record with this honda propoganda.. Am I right a celica is a toyota? yet you make this another honda thread.
    You can blame Wesman for that one. I was simply confirming 160ls1's comment, and he jumped in to state I was a liar. If you've seen our track record, he is the reason for the "broken record syndrome". I won't deny that I enjoy debating with him though. He always has something to say.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by zinergy View Post
    personally when im being challenged in any challenge that involves money i do not underestimate the other person. You should always know what they could run with there setup so you know that if you can beat what would be a good time in that car that you will def beat that car if its not properly setup and not running what it should run.
    ...

    +1

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Several of them here.

    Again, ANY car can be fast. I understand you are basicly anti-import and you are more than welcome to your opinion.
    Just know there are fast imports out there. Plenty around here that will walk me pretty easily.
    You can't tell this guy anything. Every import is a 20 second POS in his opinion. I ran low 14s with an 00 Celica GTS no turbo, SC or nitrous just an intake and full exhaust. I beat 5.0s on a regular basis with it. It would be no match for my camaro though. I think a properly driven GTS with full bolt ons and a 50 shot would give a stock LS1 a pretty good run.

  14. #54
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    You can blame Wesman for that one. I was simply confirming 160ls1's comment, and he jumped in to state I was a liar. If you've seen our track record, he is the reason for the "broken record syndrome". I won't deny that I enjoy debating with him though. He always has something to say.
    I see. So now its my fault that you come into every thread posting your videos and propoganda about how awesome some piece of shit Honda is and how every import runs 10 seconds

    Seriously, give it a rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer
    You can't tell this guy anything. Every import is a 20 second POS in his opinion. I ran low 14s with an 00 Celica GTS no turbo, SC or nitrous just an intake and full exhaust. I beat 5.0s on a regular basis with it. It would be no match for my camaro though. I think a properly driven GTS with full bolt ons and a 50 shot would give a stock LS1 a pretty good run.
    So what magic modifications did you do to knock over a full second off its stock 1/4 mile time?? Do tell...

    And no, a "properly driven" 180HP econocar with bolt ons and a 50 shot its not going to run with even a stock LS1.
    Last edited by Wesman; 02-11-2010 at 12:29 PM.

  15. #55
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Several of them here.

    Again, ANY car can be fast. I understand you are basicly anti-import and you are more than welcome to your opinion.
    Just know there are fast imports out there. Plenty around here that will walk me pretty easily.
    True.

    But for every 1 fast import that the import brigade posts up on the internet as an example, there are 1,000 slow ones on the street.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I see. So now its my fault that you come into every thread posting your videos and propoganda about how awesome some piece of shit Honda is and how every import runs 10 seconds

    Seriously, give it a rest.



    So what magic modifications did you do to know a full second off its stock 1/4 mile time?? Do tell...

    And no, a "properly driven" 180HP econocar with bolt ons and a 50 shot its not going to run with even a stock LS1.
    Buddies 240sx had a twin cam ka with a 5 speed and a 50 or 75 shot it went a 13.8 with stock exhaust/intake everything. 240s also weigh 200-300lbs more than a celica.

  17. #57
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Buddies 240sx had a twin cam ka with a 5 speed and a 50 or 75 shot it went a 13.8 with stock exhaust/intake everything. 240s also weigh 200-300lbs more than a celica.
    This is how much I believe you:

    0%.

    You're telling us a 3000lb car with 155HP and bone stock down to the paper air filter ran a 13.8 with a small shot of nitrous??

    I feel sorry for you if you actually believe the stuff you post.
    Last edited by Wesman; 02-11-2010 at 12:43 PM.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I see. So now its my fault that you come into every thread posting your videos and propoganda about how awesome some piece of shit Honda is and how every import runs 10 seconds

    Seriously, give it a rest.



    So what magic modifications did you do to knock over a full second off its stock 1/4 mile time?? Do tell...

    And no, a "properly driven" 180HP econocar with bolt ons and a 50 shot its not going to run with even a stock LS1.
    I believe I stated that already. Believe what you want dude I know there is no convincing you otherwise. You are one of these internet know it alls constantly bashing something just because they don't like it.

  19. #59
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I believe I stated that already. Believe what you want dude I know there is no convincing you otherwise. You are one of these internet know it alls constantly bashing something just because they don't like it.
    No, thats where you have me all wrong. I don't belive the the crap I see on the internet, I believe what I witness myself. I've seen enough dyno runs, 1/4 mile runs, and street races with various vehicles of various mod levels to have a pretty damn good idea what a car is capable of.

    Unlike the import brigade in this forum, I don't spend my workday searching Youtube videos for rare cars that idiots dumped enough money into actually make fast. I know what I see at the track and on the street, and your chances of running into one of these "10 second" imports are about the same as having a piano fall on your head.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    This is how much I believe you:

    0%.

    You're telling us a 3000lb car with 155HP and bone stock down to the paper air filter ran a 13.8 with a small shot of nitrous??

    I feel sorry for you if you actually believe the stuff you post.
    2900lbs with the driver 240crank hp can run high 13s low 14s on street tires.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-11-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Killed a Celica
    By IH8EVRY1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 06:25 PM
  2. This is one bad Celica
    By DanWS6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 06:28 PM
  3. Smack down on a celica
    By MaxPlusTen in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM
  4. silly celica..
    By pocheasy in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 05:52 AM
  5. nice 130 pull down rt 340 with a celica and a ls1 z28
    By MaxPlusTen in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 07:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •