Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

02 Z28 vs. LS2 GTO

This is a discussion on 02 Z28 vs. LS2 GTO within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by claytonr ya i ran on 06 ls2 (stock, manual) with my 99 ss (borla exhaust, intake) from ...

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    ya i ran on 06 ls2 (stock, manual) with my 99 ss (borla exhaust, intake) from a dig i had him with a good launch... on the highway from a twenty he got me becuase those cars have a nasty top end and we got the bottom end... so good luck
    why would you have "the bottom end?" Those transmissions are geared better AND the LS2 makes more power throughtout the WHOLE powerband. and their "top end" isn't anything special. Your car would have the same "top end" as them with the same power. Actually, NEARLY ANY car would.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

dammm well i am not really sure power wise all i know is once we both caught traction i pulled like hell on him and right when i shifted to fifth he passed me pretty crazy..but i dunno

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Damn, I've run 13.2 in my '97 vette. I didn't realize that even the LS2 GTOs were doing that. I ran into one and from a roll I pulled away pretty nicely. Maybe it was an auto or a crappy driver.

white
    2001 b4c camaro

I have both the gto will probably lose ... I love mine but the independent rear and the weiight, which you really can feel the difference in the two.. is the reason I say the T/A would have the advantage... just my thoughts.. from being able to drive and own both..

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

damm you guys saying you killing ls2 gto's are a little out there. in a 1/4 mile race the ta should win. but i have beat the shit out of a few f-bodys. i normally get the jump but when i spin into 2nd i start to loose, a4, and im behind 1/2-1 cars at the 1/4 mile. and for the record the a4 was only a .1 second disavantage vs. the m6.

beware just a tune on the ls2 is getting 25-27rwhp. i have seen some get 50+ from headers back, cia, and tune. slap on drags and your toast. roul-duke from this site ran a 13.1 with tune, drags, and a cut out, only $600 in mods on the ls1 gto

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

and i have both 2

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    damm you guys saying you killing ls2 gto's are a little out there.

I am one of the people who has beat an LS2 (auto) GTO-- I guess I am "a little out there"

??

I think it is pretty much a driver's race, but, you you seem to be hinting around that we are lying. I can't speak for anyone else- But I am not lying, I won-- And I did in the 1/8 mile (marked off) from a dig. And it was in front of several hundred people.

Sorry to disappoint.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Liquid Red

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

For you race fans..

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    For you race fans..

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Depends on the driver. But it should be close

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

damm you guys saying you killing ls2 gto's are a little out there. in a 1/4 mile race the ta should win. but i have beat the shit out of a few f-bodys. i normally get the jump but when i spin into 2nd i start to loose, a4, and im behind 1/2-1 cars at the 1/4 mile. and for the record the a4 was only a .1 second disavantage vs. the m6.

beware just a tune on the ls2 is getting 25-27rwhp. i have seen some get 50+ from headers back, cia, and tune. slap on drags and your toast. roul-duke from this site ran a 13.1 with tune, drags, and a cut out, only $600 in mods on the ls1 gto
    First you say that we're "a little out there," and then you post a time from a modified GTO that the LS1 F-Bodies and vettes have been doing stock since they were made? To me, that's a little out there. I believe that my 3 runs in less than ideal conditions that netted a 13.5, 13.3, and 13.2 indicated that I have a pretty good chance of doing better than 13.1 on the right track in good conditions.

Chris

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

and i have both 2
    But that TA isn't an LS1..

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    like 440rwhp trans am said:
    goats really, reallllyyyyy need a pcm tune to be backing up our 350-400hp badging when compared to ls1 f-bods..all the crap we got with the stock tune really holds us back.. i could hardly break 13sec in may at route 66 in joliet when i just had cutouts..with my cai and tune afterwards in nov i ran consistent 13.1x passes with just cai, cutouts, and a pcm tune by nelson performance..and im an auto ls1 goat..soo imagine what the ls2's would do with one. its just that most goats you see are stock or just i/e ones. and that just doesnt cut it when compared to bolt on or i/e ls1 f-bods
    Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 03-03-2008 at 02:17 PM.
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    First you say that we're "a little out there," and then you post a time from a modified GTO that the LS1 F-Bodies and vettes have been doing stock since they were made? To me, that's a little out there. I believe that my 3 runs in less than ideal conditions that netted a 13.5, 13.3, and 13.2 indicated that I have a pretty good chance of doing better than 13.1 on the right track in good conditions.

Chris
    dude you have a vette. your nearly 800lbs lighter than me. if i can spend about 600-700 bucks in mods and be as quick as you or faster. im happy..

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    Depends on the driver. But it should be close
    your wrong! lol now you can defend us goats. haha

what i was saying is that your not going to kill a average ls2 gto by 3-4 in the 1/4. maby 1-2.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

what i was saying is that your not going to kill a average ls2 gto by 3-4 in the 1/4. maby 1-2.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by furyev View Post
    The GTO is a 04 which is night and day difference.
    Most of the time it's a drivers race NOT the car!!!

75% of the people I see that street race have NO clue on being a good drag race driver.

I can also state that 60% of my customers that have drag cars run slower E.T.'s at the track than I do driving there own car. And yes there are MANY ways to drive a auto in correctly also.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I agree with this. So, actually it seems we're on the same page. It seems like mid-low 13s would be completely reasonable from the LS2 GTOs. I know I wouldn't take a race with a guy in even a stock LS2 Goat lightly.

Chris

Silver
    02 Z28

so what speed do u think would be best to race the gto..from a dig or a roll (and what roll)??

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSide00 View Post
    so what speed do u think would be best to race the gto..from a dig or a roll (and what roll)??
    honestly IMO i think auto goats have an advantage from a dig. all a4 and m6 cars have the same 3.46 gearing. and for an auto, thats pretty stout..i cut some nice 60' times with mine. and for m6 goats i would think their advantage is from a roll cause their difficult to launch well cause of wheelhop and the irs. but some many people have mastered it like its an f-bod. just takes practice
    Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 03-05-2008 at 09:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information