Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

02 Z/28 vs WRX STI

Ran with him today. It was a slight uphill road. He was in front about 1 1/2 car lead. I came up on him and was in 3rd at 3k RPM I took the left lane so he knew I was going for it. He got on it but I pulled him hard. I got next to him still pullin hard when I hit the rev limiter I suck I know. Hit fourth for a bit till I was a good length in front then I shut down. I pulled in front of him and he got into my old lane. He didn't even look over -wuss.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Good kill!! I love the "o shit dont look" races!!!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Good kill! Yea, I found out that only the STi's are worth our time, not the reg WRX's. Now try an Evo 8.

Maybe after I get it bottle fed.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Evo and STI's don't have shit from a roll.

Never lost to one, they are only competition heavily modded or from a dig with an AWD launch.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Never lost to one, they are only competition heavily modded or from a dig with an AWD launch.
    An Evo's downfall as I understand is the cam. If they slap in a beefed up cam then they'll have alot more uptop. Just from what I heard tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    An Evo's downfall as I understand is the cam. If they slap in a beefed up cam then they'll have alot more uptop. Just from what I heard tho.
    Word Mike.... word. I have yet to have a cammed LS1 take me down from a roll on..

A roll on seems to be my strong point

Heavily modded? A 2005 would go head to head from a roll with just exhaust and flash while a 2006 would walk away easy from a roll. A 2005 with cams and you wouldnt be competition. Although, I dont know what you consider "heavily modded".

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Word Mike.... word. I have yet to have a cammed LS1 take me down from a roll on..

A roll on seems to be my strong point

I ran 89 mph through the 1/8th traps at the track. 8.36 with a godawful street tire 2.15 60 ft. You think you could have taken my cammed Z? Have to see to believe it. I have just pulled on way too many to think it would be easy to pull on me. I have raced a couple pullied 03's, and have yet to be defeated. Sure, you can say highway races and a guy blowing his clutch doesn't count, but hell, all they saw was Z tail lights, not other way around.

Damn, I forgot I just slapped a set of heads on her p*ssy, with an electric water pump and about 200 lbs off it. Guess we will never know.

I like EVO's, before any hatred begins, and I got respect for 'em.

You got a time slip EE1983, or at least remember what it was?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Heavily modded? A 2005 would go head to head from a roll with just exhaust and flash while a 2006 would walk away easy from a roll. A 2005 with cams and you wouldnt be competition. Although, I dont know what you consider "heavily modded".
    Holy shit here comes the rice brigade

I've never been beaten by an Evo, especially from a roll. You would need to really crank up the boost to be able to hang from a roll, the car is only putting down ~240WHP stock. Everyone claims the 06's are "so much faster", doesn't seem like it to me. Last time I saw an Evo roll race was against a pullied 04 Cobra. It was bus lenghts, they aren't even competition for stock LS1's/Cobras.

You say "well what if I get this mod and that mod" - well I could say the same thing - and a cammed LS1 would rape a cammed Evo. Either way, you lose. Just stop trolling, nobody cares.

I wouldn't be competition to a "2005 with cams"?? Okay riceboy, whatever you say. Maybe I'll catch you on the street sometime, I'll know its an Evo right away when I hear your fart can angry bees exhaust coming up behind me

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I ran 89 mph through the 1/8th traps at the track. 8.36 with a godawful street tire 2.15 60 ft. You think you could have taken my cammed Z? Have to see to believe it. I have just pulled on way too many to think it would be easy to pull on me. I have raced a couple pullied 03's, and have yet to be defeated. Sure, you can say highway races and a guy blowing his clutch doesn't count, but hell, all they saw was Z tail lights, not other way around.

Damn, I forgot I just slapped a set of heads on her p*ssy, with an electric water pump and about 200 lbs off it. Guess we will never know.

I like EVO's, before any hatred begins, and I got respect for 'em.

You got a time slip EE1983, or at least remember what it was?
    Actually I do, I went 90mph in the 1/8th... with a 2.0 60' if IIRC. No launch obviously. Thats on straight 93pump too.
    Last edited by EE1983; 09-06-2006 at 02:06 PM.

Holy shit here comes the rice brigade

I've never been beaten by an Evo, especially from a roll. You would need to really crank up the boost to be able to hang from a roll, the car is only putting down ~240WHP stock. Everyone claims the 06's are "so much faster", doesn't seem like it to me. Last time I saw an Evo roll race was against a pullied 04 Cobra. It was bus lenghts, they aren't even competition for stock LS1's/Cobras.
    No rice here, sorry. Congrats youve never been beaten by an EVO. Ive never been beaten by an F-bod. Your point?

A pullied Cobra would destroy a stock EVO or one that is not cammed. I have cams, and some bolt ons so I can pull them. I cant pull them if they are tuned, pullied and full bolt on though. No suprise.

You say "well what if I get this mod and that mod" - well I could say the same thing - and a cammed LS1 would rape a cammed Evo. Either way, you lose. Just stop trolling, nobody cares.
    Yeah but they dont, at least not in my case. Ive raced 2 cammed LS1s so far and both have been dead heats. One is a member here and LS1tech, he can tell you the same thing.

I wouldn't be competition to a "2005 with cams"?? Okay riceboy, whatever you say. Maybe I'll catch you on the street sometime, I'll know its an Evo right away when I hear your fart can angry bees exhaust coming up behind
    me
    Correct, youd get walked on. Maybe youll catch me someday on the street. I can only pray for that. Id embarass you from any speed you can think of. In fact since we're both in NJ why dont you come down my way and Ill set it up. However, wouldnt bother unless you had a cam installed or some nitrous.

Invitation is open...

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Wow... Tell me when the race is!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

No rice here, sorry. Congrats youve never been beaten by an EVO. Ive never been beaten by an F-bod. Your point?
    My point is Evos are overrated. They are a joke from a roll unless they are heavily modded. Meaning pushing some serious boost over stock.

Yeah but they dont, at least not in my case. Ive raced 2 cammed LS1s so far and both have been dead heats. One is a member here and LS1tech, he can tell you the same thing.
    Let me guess - it was an automatic

Correct, youd get walked on. Maybe youll catch me someday on the street. I can only pray for that. Id embarass you from any speed you can think of. In fact since we're both in NJ why dont you come down my way and Ill set it up. However, wouldnt bother unless you had a cam installed or some nitrous.

Invitation is open...
    Your Evo won't walk on shit. You have cams and some bolt ons - not impressed. Unless those cams and bolt ons are giving you 60WHP over stock, then you aren't running with shit. I thought you ricers knew better than to fuck with LS1's on the highway - your little 4 banger would get raped.

Congrats on paying 30K for a car with no balls and a riceburner exhaust. I'd be great to embarass your piece of trash mitsubitchi.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    so these new STIs can beat LS1s? or 06 mustang GTs? also can l beat evo 8s with my mustang GT? and how about evo 9?? LS1 or new stangs can beat them?

My point is Evos are overrated. They are a joke from a roll unless they are heavily modded. Meaning pushing some serious boost over stock.

Let me guess - it was an automatic .
    Nope, both M6s Serious boost over stock?????? I run 22-23psi, stock is 20.5? Is that major? Comeonnnnn

Your Evo won't walk on shit. You have cams and some bolt ons - not impressed. Unless those cams and bolt ons are giving you 60WHP over stock, then you aren't running with shit. I thought you ricers knew better than to fuck with LS1's on the highway - your little 4 banger would get raped.
    It wont? It will certainly walk on yours. Yes I have cams and bolt-ons and heres where you are really dumb... 60whp over stock? Try more than 100whp over stock. 60? you wish.

[
    Congrats on paying 30K for a car with no balls and a riceburner exhaust. I'd be great to embarass your piece of trash mitsubitchi.

Come embarass me then.... Id LOVE to see you underpowered heavier car beat mine. You have gears, exhaust, etc? Come over with your 320whp TA and try and touch me. Youd be a waste to race to be honest, like I said, unless you get some nitrous or a cam...

Congrats on being an ignorant douche. No balls? Hmm, 70mph slalom, .90g skidpad, low 12 quarter, incredible braking, 4 doors and AWD. Yeah no balls there

Your such a dumbass Ill pay for your gas to come down here so I can walk all over your car from any roll-on youd like. Im waiting.... stop talking

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nope, both M6s Serious boost over stock?????? I run 22-23psi, stock is 20.5? Is that major? Comeonnnnn
    Its an increase in boost. Thats my point. The more bolt ons you do to increase airflow in the motor, the less boost you push. You'd probably be pushing 30PSI if your engine didn't have full bolt ons.

It wont? It will certainly walk on yours. Yes I have cams and bolt-ons and heres where you are really dumb... 60whp over stock? Try more than 100whp over stock. 60? you wish.
    Yea, I'll believe that when your shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert

You honestly think that with cams and bolt ons you are putting down 340HP at the wheels?? What kind of drugs are you on?? Because it seems like all you ricers are on the same shit. Thats ridiculous. Until you post up a 340+WHP AWD dyno graph, you're just talking out your ass.

Come embarass me then.... Id LOVE to see you underpowered heavier car beat mine. You have gears, exhaust, etc? Come over with your 320whp TA and try and touch me. Youd be a waste to race to be honest, like I said, unless you get some nitrous or a cam...
    My underpowered heavier car...holy fuck you're a retard. My LS1 can hang with a Terminator, which would absolutely destroy your riceburner piece of shit. You think I'd need nitrous to beat a cammed Evo?? Get real moron, your car isn't shit.

Congrats on being an ignorant douche. No balls? Hmm, 70mph slalom, .90g skidpad, low 12 quarter, incredible braking, 4 doors and AWD. Yeah no balls there
    When your car makes more power than a Honda Civic below 3KRPM come back and talk shit. Your gutless 4 banger doesn't have any balls until the turbo spools at 3,000RPM, before that it drives like any other piece of shit 4 cylinder. Now you're claiming a low 12 second 1/4 mile for a stock Evo?? Lay off the crack riceboy.

Your such a dumbass Ill pay for your gas to come down here so I can walk all over your car from any roll-on youd like. Im waiting.... stop talking
    No you won't because you're all talk. You won't pay for shit, you'd pussy out on racing, you are a typical ricer. Stop wasting everyone's time posting here, you're a toolbag.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    so these new STIs can beat LS1s?or 06 mustang GTs?
    Not even close. From a dig then can hang, from a roll its total rape.

also can l beat evo 8s with my mustang GT? and how about evo 9?? LS1 or new stangs can beat them?
    You can take them from a dig no problem if you get sticky tires. From a roll you can rip on them bone stock. LS1's destroy Evo 9's from a roll, from a dig its a close race for the 1st 1/4 mile. Then its bye bye Evo.

Its an increase in boost. Thats my point. The more bolt ons you do to increase airflow in the motor, the less boost you push. You'd probably be pushing 30PSI if your engine didn't have full bolt ons.
    No youre point was just what you said "They are a joke from a roll unless they are heavily modded. Meaning pushing some serious boost over stock.

Serious boost is not 2-3psi over stock. End of story. The max psi you run run on pump gas with the stock turbo is 22-23psi.

Ok wait let me get this one... the more airflow I get in the motor the less boost I push... say that out loud...

Please dont try and talk about things you dont know about.

You honestly think that with cams and bolt ons you are putting down 340HP at the wheels?? What kind of drugs are you on?? Because it seems like all you ricers are on the same shit. Thats ridiculous. Until you post up a 340+WHP AWD dyno graph, you're just talking out your ass.
    Uh-oh. Someone needs a reality check.

Cams and bolt-ons with 340whp? Um yeah thats the norm pal. Please dont make me copy and paste 100 dynos of EVOs with their mods.... man I thought you knew this stuff, youre really in the dark.

I got my car dynoed 3 months after I got it. 2005 EVO with 3500 miles in March of 05:

Mods:
    Intake
    Full Exhaust
    Lower IC pipe
    272 Cams
    ECU Flash

Here is the Dyno: Guess Im not talking out of my ass huh? 346awhp

My underpowered heavier car...holy fuck you're a retard. My LS1 can hang with a Terminator, which would absolutely destroy your riceburner piece of shit. You think I'd need nitrous to beat a cammed Evo?? Get real moron, your car isn't shit.
    Yeah my car walks on stock Terminators, big deal. I said YOU'D need nitrous to beat me. Why? Because with your mods, youre not gonna come close to me.

When your car makes more power than a Honda Civic below 3KRPM come back and talk shit. Your gutless 4 banger doesn't have any balls until the turbo spools at 3,000RPM, before that it drives like any other piece of shit 4 cylinder. Now you're claiming a low 12 second 1/4 mile for a stock Evo?? Lay off the crack riceboy.
    Funny Im actually making great power down low. Thanks, just check the dyno. Also, I dont need to make tons of power down below 3000 like you do... why? Because of short gearing (4.60 range) and also because my car revs to 7500 not 6300 like yours. I hope this isnt too over the top for you.

BTW
    When did I say low 12 second 1/4 for stock EVO? Im talking about MY CAR. Yes the lowly bolt-on cammed EVO. Hell I can go 11s with a great launch.

No you won't because you're all talk. You won't pay for shit, you'd pussy out on racing, you are a typical ricer. Stop wasting everyone's time posting here, you're a toolbag.

Im up for racing ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. I WILL pay for your gas money to come here, its worth it to just shut your thick-headed ass up. Like I said, invitation is open... you're the one talking a lot. If you dont wanna come, I understand

Anything else you need proof of, dynos, timeslips?

BTW, that 346awhp is my OLD dyno.. I have some other small bolt-ons now. Still up for that race?

Thread Information