Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

02 WS6 vs Cobra

This is a discussion on 02 WS6 vs Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by djvaly true that. they are hard to beat. for stock Cobra they need maybe sticky tires and ...

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    true that. they are hard to beat. for stock Cobra they need maybe sticky tires and a new shift kit and the Cobra is there next to c5 zo6 stock vs stock,

Dude I don't know what planet your from but the C5 Z06 has been beating the 03-04 Cobras stock for stock since they came out. I'm pretty sure everybody already knows that. Furthermore the Z06 is doing it naturally aspirated. Besides tires and shift kit isn't stock,and the cobra is a manual trans so you cant put a "shift kit", unless you meant short throw shifter. But the cobra would still need more than that, even a moderately piloted z06 is good for low 12s at sea level with some seeing high 11's.

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Dude I don't know what planet your from but the C5 Z06 has been beating the 03-04 Cobras stock for stock since they came out. I'm pretty sure everybody already knows that. Furthermore the Z06 is doing it naturally aspirated. Besides tires and shift kit isn't stock,and the cobra is a manual trans so you cant put a "shift kit", unless you meant short throw shifter. But the cobra would still need more than that, even a moderately piloted z06 is good for low 12s at sea level with some seeing high 11's.
    dude, read the post again and u see I say C5 Z06 beats Cobras 03/04 stock vs stock, and that they (Cobras) would need a better shifter, sticky tires. perhaps a bolt on mod as well, to get to C5 Z06..
    read carefully, Mars man

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

thats cool bro

thats cool bro
    hahhaha , hey I just got back from the club, umm , time to call it a day.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by fast enough Z28 View Post
    Because I hate when any ford beats a chevy. Actually I hate when a rice burner beats any domestic, and I'll call the stang whatever i want.
    Ok, but if u raced mine, you would have to call it "The winner"
    I dont hate it when any car beats any car. If your faster, than your just faster and I respect any fast car, Foriegn or domestic.

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by fast enough Z28 View Post
    Because I hate when any ford beats a chevy. Actually I hate when a rice burner beats any domestic, and I'll call the stang whatever i want.
    Your'e calling a Mustang a rice burner? You must be almost as ignorant as breakparts.

Only 12 posts to I see... you won't last long here, they don't have a high tolerance level for stupidity.

RED
    99 Cobra

I cant help but notice that you mentioned the fact that Z06 is " doing it naturally aspirated" while that is true, I would like to point out the Cobra is doing what it does with only 281 Cubic inches compared to the Z06's how many Im not looking to start trouble here, but I will make points I think need to be made.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit View Post
    I cant help but notice that you mentioned the fact that Z06 is " doing it naturally aspirated" while that is true, I would like to point out the Cobra is doing what it does with only 281 Cubic inches compared to the Z06's how many Im not looking to start trouble here, but I will make points I think need to be made.
    This is true, the Cobra R is NA and puts down about the same horse as the terminator Cobras, Ford, just found a way to get 400 horsepower and still keep price down under $35k, The ZO6 and Cobra R are both way more expensive and get 400 horsepower just like the 03/04 Cobra.

this point has been made many times on this board. don't worry about it,
    when you race you bring what u have.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

The C5 ZO6 is a great car, but it only runs a mid to high 12 sec quarter mile, (12.5-12.8)consistantly, with street tires. The 03 Cobra will do a 12.7 to a 12.9 quarter consistantly. These numbers are very close.

MMFF got the Terminator to a 12.4 in there test, then the next month got a 12.7, with a head wind. GM high performance magazine got the 02 ZO6 to a 12.3, then 2 months later ran one to a 12.2, Most magazines got the ZO6 to an average of a 12.7. and the Cobra to a 12.9. One magazine I read could only get the ZO6 to a 13.1 and get the Cobra to a 13.2 in the same magazine.

My point is: with a good driver, alot is possible, and yes I have heard of a Stock C5 ZO6 to a 11.9, with Drag radials, I have also heard of timeslips of a stock 03 Cobra did a 12.1 with drag radials.

A few mods on either car will do a lot and give you the edge in the race.
    EX: If a stock C5 ZO6 went against a slightly modded Cobra, with equal drivers, it would lose, by a car or so. When I say lightly modded, I mean a tune CAI and exhaust. Once you pulley a Terminator its over for th C5 Z, if its stock.

don't u love the real world, we like theorize here a lot, but yeah generally speaking C5 Z06 will eat the snake. but it could be a drivers race, like that dude with a Z28 filter and cai, left a srt10 behind, what a freaking looser! I got me a new Viper, ay ay ay.. then after he got his teeth kicked in cause he can't drive his srt10 out of a parking lot, yeah I do like 'maros.

2002 TA

don't u love the real world, we like theorize here a lot, but yeah generally speaking C5 Z06 will eat the snake. but it could be a drivers race, like that dude with a Z28 filter and cai, left a srt10 behind, what a freaking looser! I got me a new Viper, ay ay ay.. then after he got his teeth kicked in cause he can't drive his srt10 out of a parking lot, yeah I do like 'maros.
    Not really. Stock for stock it is more of a driver's race than anything. A Zo6 EAT a snake? ONLY if the snake's driver couldn't drive. There's beating, and then there's wasting the shit out of it. Stock for stock a Zo6 will not put 10+ lengths on a Cobra, period. The eating will only occur if the Cobra owner can't drive.

oh ya, not 10,, more like 5, but ur right the driver is half of the equation.

btw, what's a top speed on a Cobra.. 170? I think Z06 does 200 prob even more if you remove the speed limiter.

RED
    99 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    This is true, the Cobra R is NA and puts down about the same horse as the terminator Cobras, Ford, just found a way to get 400 horsepower and still keep price down under $35k, The ZO6 and Cobra R are both way more expensive and get 400 horsepower just like the 03/04 Cobra.
    not to mention what a grand or two at the MOST will get you on a blown 03/04 Cobra

RED
    99 Cobra

this point has been made many times on this board. don't worry about it,
    when you race you bring what u have.
    that is very true my friend, you guys here seem very bright about this........unlike some other boards I have seen. I like it here

not to mention what a grand or two at the MOST will get you on a blown 03/04 Cobra
    03/04 come already supercharged, what was the "blower" part for 2 grands?
    not sure I understand it, please explain. thanks.

RED
    99 Cobra

03/04 come already supercharged, what was the "blower" part for 2 grands?
    not sure I understand it, please explain. thanks.
    Sorry should have written it better I ment that with VERY little in mods/ or money spent ( like a grand or two ) the gains on a Terminator are HUGE. For example the pulley change along with a hand held tuner will get you 70+rwhp and those items dont even require you to get your hands nasty, wont take more than half and hour to and hour to do. Plus with all the places that carry them now, you could probally catch a sale on the package and spend LESS than a grand for the entire thing....Programmer / Pulleys / Belt every thing you would need. Then of course you have the Coldair kits that range from like a 20rwhp bolt on to as much as 35rwhp ( I think thats the highest dyno test I have seen on those ) Of course those big gains come from the existing forced induction.

agreed. when we start talking mods, there's many things one can do,
    spray, blow, bolts on,, etc.. depends if it is ur daily driver etc,,
    for me personally, I am doing all the bolts first, then put a procharger and aftercooler with it and end of game. 550rwhp 10 sec car.. ooh. I need a daily driver, I may get an S2000 leave it stock and punch it to work, they are nice little ricy, they get me around the city pretty fast.

RED
    99 Cobra

agreed. when we start talking mods, there's many things one can do,
    spray, blow, bolts on,, etc.. depends if it is ur daily driver etc,,
    for me personally, I am doing all the bolts first, then put a procharger and aftercooler with it and end of game. 550rwhp 10 sec car.. ooh. I need a daily driver, I may get an S2000 leave it stock and punch it to work, they are nice little ricy, they get me around the city pretty fast.
    Yep thats true its just the Terminator makes it very easy to mod since you can do small simple things and get BIG gains in hp and tq. Hard to beat that kind of easy power .

I have done all the boltons im getting for my current stang, and I too am going with a procharger. Im getting mine the first of the new year when the tax man gives me my money back Stage 2 10psi for me

the 03/04 comes with the supercharger on and is 22k+ usually,
    a WS6 doesn't have the supercharger on but you get it for 17k at same miles as the the cobras 03/04. so the 5k difference I could put a supercharger and be at the same level. same thing.. and from that point on I can play on the TA small mods like u mention and get nice gains as well.
    money buys power.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information