Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 98

02 WS6 vs Cobra

This is a discussion on 02 WS6 vs Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Pythias Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit. No stock LS1 Camaro or Trans am will be able to ...

  1. #41
    Gold Member BlwnCamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Las Cruces,NM
    Age
    40
    Posts
    473

    Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit.


    No stock LS1 Camaro or Trans am will be able to hang with an 03/04 Cobra much less beat it by 2 car lengths.
    Bullshit bro i've raced 3 terminators with mixed results. I've been beat a few times by only a car and won a few times from a dig in my 98 camaro with only free mods. My camaro runs 12.90 at 110. A stock ls1 can "hang" with a terminator. Which is sad for the terminator cause they are supercharged and an ls1 is only na. The terminator is faster than most stock ls1's but to say the ls1 wont hang is bs bro.

  2. #42
    R.I.P. LS1 LS1Power06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    817, Texas
    Age
    29
    Posts
    135
    03 Terminator

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    hot avatar, can you switch to the front please.. more interesting
    yeah, Cobras with a pulley and a good tune can do 360s rwhp.. u need a little more bolts on than that for ls1 to hang with it. more like lid+filter, full exhaust + a tune.
    03-04 cobras put down 360rwhp average stock. with borla catback, K&N FIPK II, Bassani off road XPipe, and on a stock tune i put down 417rwhp/382rwtq. he COULD of beat a terminator if it had some chitty tires and just spun because i used to spin at any roll in 2nd.

  3. #43
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06 View Post
    03-04 cobras put down 360rwhp average stock. with borla catback, K&N FIPK II, Bassani off road XPipe, and on a stock tune i put down 417rwhp/382rwtq. he COULD of beat a terminator if it had some chitty tires and just spun because i used to spin at any roll in 2nd.
    yeah a 03/04 Corbra with a supercharger pulley upgrade and a tune gets 400rwhp easy,, the new pulley will spin the blower like crazy and can add upto 40rwhp.. but I disagree with the claim that stock put down 360rwhp, it's more like 335-340rwhp.. take 15% off for loss on M6 and 18% for A4 having 390 hp at flywheel.

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sneads Ferry, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    261
    2002 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    yeah a 03/04 Corbra with a supercharger pulley upgrade and a tune gets 400rwhp easy,, the new pulley will spin the blower like crazy and can add upto 40rwhp.. but I disagree with the claim that stock put down 360rwhp, it's more like 335-340rwhp.. take 15% off for loss on M6 and 18% for A4 having 390 hp at flywheel.
    Cobra's don't come in auto................ They never have.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Bullshit bro i've raced 3 terminators with mixed results. I've been beat a few times by only a car and won a few times from a dig in my 98 camaro with only free mods. My camaro runs 12.90 at 110. A stock ls1 can "hang" with a terminator. Which is sad for the terminator cause they are supercharged and an ls1 is only na. The terminator is faster than most stock ls1's but to say the ls1 wont hang is bs bro.
    I'd have to see it to believe it.

  5. #45
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    yeah a 03/04 Corbra with a supercharger pulley upgrade and a tune gets 400rwhp easy,, the new pulley will spin the blower like crazy and can add upto 40rwhp.. but I disagree with the claim that stock put down 360rwhp, it's more like 335-340rwhp.. take 15% off for loss on M6 and 18% for A4 having 390 hp at flywheel.
    remember 03/04 cobras were very under rated. They put down 350-370 rear wheel horse consistanly. Which means they really have 425- 430 hp at the motor from the factory, not 390. The Ls1 is also underated, it really has around 350 horse, not 325 as its rated in the ram air model.

    But a stock for stock race is always going to go to the cobras, the numbers are to far apart to be a drivers race. 03 Cobra will run 12.8 all day long with an average driver and 12.6 with a good driver. The 02 WS6 or SS Camaro will run 13.4 all day long and 13.2 with a good driver. Of course MMFF got the 03 Cobra to a 12.4 bone stock, and High performance pontiac got a bone stock 02 WS6 to a 12.9. Those were perfect conditons and factory freak cars. So the Cobra wins period, Once mods start the story can always change. A KNN and lid and catback exhaust and a tune, A WS6 will beat a stock Cobra. Do the same mods to a Terminator and it will rape a WS6.

  6. #46
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    remember 03/04 cobras were very under rated. They put down 350-370 rear wheel horse consistanly. Which means they really have 425- 430 hp at the motor from the factory, not 390. The Ls1 is also underated, it really has around 350 horse, not 325 as its rated in the ram air model.

    But a stock for stock race is always going to go to the cobras, the numbers are to far apart to be a drivers race. 03 Cobra will run 12.8 all day long with an average driver and 12.6 with a good driver. The 02 WS6 or SS Camaro will run 13.4 all day long and 13.2 with a good driver. Of course MMFF got the 03 Cobra to a 12.4 bone stock, and High performance pontiac got a bone stock 02 WS6 to a 12.9. Those were perfect conditons and factory freak cars. So the Cobra wins period, Once mods start the story can always change. A KNN and lid and catback exhaust and a tune, A WS6 will beat a stock Cobra. Do the same mods to a Terminator and it will rape a WS6.
    the 03/04 Cobras are notorious, no question there.. but they are more expensve than LS1, so if I saved 4k by buying LS1, there's a lot of mods I can put on a TA with that 4k and come out better times than stock Cobra.
    it also depends on the driver etc.. iz all good.

  7. #47
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    the 03/04 Cobras are notorious, no question there.. but they are more expensve than LS1, so if I saved 4k by buying LS1, there's a lot of mods I can put on a TA with that 4k and come out better times than stock Cobra.
    it also depends on the driver etc.. iz all good.
    All very true. But I got a 12k miles car that was an 03 model and a better rear end and a 6 speed and better cornering and great power for $25,000
    I think it was good deal. But I see your point, one can pick up a LS1 with 50k miles on it for around $16,000 and drop $9,000 in it and have a monster of a car. Good point.

  8. #48
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    All very true. But I got a 12k miles car that was an 03 model and a better rear end and a 6 speed and better cornering and great power for $25,000
    I think it was good deal. But I see your point, one can pick up a LS1 with 50k miles on it for around $16,000 and drop $9,000 in it and have a monster of a car. Good point.
    I bought mine 55k on it 12.5k out of the door, hehheh. hussling for the price wasn't easy but I guess the guy's sales were low that whole season.

  9. #49
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    I got mine with 33k for 9500.....

  10. #50
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    I got mine with 33k for 9500.....
    Those are good prices, You both did well on them. I have found that the Z28 cars are usaully cheaper than the Trans AMs. And the SS is cheaper than the WS6. I believe the MSRP on the cars new were less than $2,000 apart, but now the cars have grown futher apart in price. Dont know why?

    Either way the cars are great deals. But its getting harder to find them, especially with low miles.

  11. #51
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    very true, TA ans WS6 are slightly more expensive.. and yeah they are getting more rare nowadays with low miles, especially the black colored ones.. everybody seem to want a black colored on with TTops... most of us anyways

  12. #52
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    very true, TA ans WS6 are slightly more expensive.. and yeah they are getting more rare nowadays with low miles, especially the black colored ones.. everybody seem to want a black colored on with TTops... most of us anyways
    Ya, I had a Green 93, a red 97, a white 98, and a pewter 99, I always wanted a Black WS6 6 speed, and I would get powder coated white wheels and white emblems and the back PONTIAC in white with a white firebird in the back glass.

    Some people think that is a stupid color combo, but I love it.

  13. #53
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    good deal bro.

  14. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central Valley, CA
    Posts
    18

    Blue
    2000

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Really? Was he actually racing? If so, thats a good kill.
    please remove my wife from your avatar
    lol

  15. #55
    Member fast enough Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rowlett,Tx.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    659

    silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

    I hate to admit but I was in my friends stock 03 cobra and he spanked a z06. It sucks how good they run. Oh well there still a cumstang!!!

  16. #56
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by fast enough Z28 View Post
    I hate to admit but I was in my friends stock 03 cobra and he spanked a z06. It sucks how good they run. Oh well there still a cumstang!!!
    very possible, but that's a '02 c5 Z06 (ls6 motor), 400 at flywheel

  17. #57
    R.I.P. LS1 LS1Power06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    817, Texas
    Age
    29
    Posts
    135
    03 Terminator

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    very possible, but that's a '02 c5 Z06 (ls6 motor), 400 at flywheel
    C5Z06s are also about 500lbs lighter than the 03-04 Cobras too though.

  18. #58
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by fast enough Z28 View Post
    I hate to admit but I was in my friends stock 03 cobra and he spanked a z06. It sucks how good they run. Oh well there still a cumstang!!!
    Why do you hate to admit it?

    And its Mustang, not Cumstang, or Slowbra or Mustake or any of the Auto slurs we all like to use. There are plenty of them for the F bodies as well, but we wont get into that.

  19. #59
    Member fast enough Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rowlett,Tx.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    659

    silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

    Because I hate when any ford beats a chevy. Actually I hate when a rice burner beats any domestic, and I'll call the stang whatever i want.

  20. #60
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06 View Post
    C5Z06s are also about 500lbs lighter than the 03-04 Cobras too though.
    true that. they are hard to beat. for stock Cobra they need maybe sticky tires and a new shift kit and the Cobra is there next to c5 zo6 stock vs stock,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 04 cobra vs 04 gto
    By burnsxxxls1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
  2. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Cobra's Wow!
    By camarojunky74 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •