Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

02 WS6 vs. 93 NSX Who Would Win??

This is a discussion on 02 WS6 vs. 93 NSX Who Would Win?? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; If you got 4.10's or more, then run him. Don't listen to that hypothetical NSX sh*t. He has 192 cubes ...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

If you got 4.10's or more, then run him. Don't listen to that hypothetical NSX sh*t. He has 192 cubes for Chrissake's! You got a low 12/high 11 sec STREET car, hell it should be faster than mine, and I would run him without hesitation.

Not to mention DRAG radials, put it to his p*ssy already!

It has been my experience that people who want to run for a LARGE sum of money, or for titles, really don't want to race and hope you won't call their bluff. Pull his damn punk card!
    Last edited by Roastem; 08-11-2006 at 08:46 AM.

If he wasnt turbo Id say without a doubt take that money but since he actually admitted to having a turbo... Id be very weary. Its really going to boil down to this guys exact setup. Def try and get a video!

White
    2001 Trans Am

Bring your leash, because you are going to walk him.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraSonic View Post
    For $1000 dollars, I'd definitely think about it. When I was at the dragstrip at vegas I ran into two NSX's one with a small turbo and one with a larger one. The NSX with the small turbo threw down 550 something rwhp and the other with large turbo threw down 800 something rwhp. The NSX is a mid engine car, so most of the weight are on the rear wheels. If he is a good driver, he will be able to rip the quarter, so be careful. Roll ons with a turbo anything are wicked and an NSX with a turbo once VTEC hits is lethal.
    Ehh, but are NSXs dyno queens? I know supras are, no pun intended, but are NSXs?

Id still say to race him. YOUR car isnt stock or near stock, so its pretty tough to beat.

$1k is a pretty good wager. Its enough to bother you if you lose, but enough to make you smile for a month if you win. But youre not going to be in extreme debt and you arent turning into a millionaire, so $1k isnt all that much.

Report back.

Please.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I'd only say call his bluff if you know if he actually has a turbo or not. He said he had a turbo, but do you know? Straight up, find out what he has because you seriously need to know. he may not even have a turbo.

NBM
    99 TA

he probably thinks VTEC is a turbo

red
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ View Post
    Bring your leash, because you are going to walk him.
    Thats a good one.

red
    1999 Trans am

Go become a 1000 dollars richer and report back with a video. I want to see.
    Sounds like a damn good race but I'm sure that you should smoke his ass easly.
    After you beat him walk up to him in a pimp like fashion and say " weres my money bi ach." and get that on video to.

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Ehh, but are NSXs dyno queens? I know supras are, no pun intended, but are NSXs?

Id still say to race him. YOUR car isnt stock or near stock, so its pretty tough to beat.

$1k is a pretty good wager. Its enough to bother you if you lose, but enough to make you smile for a month if you win. But youre not going to be in extreme debt and you arent turning into a millionaire, so $1k isnt all that much.

Report back.

Please.
    For the record the little turbo'd NSX, with street tires no DR's or MT's, was running 11's at Vegas dragstrip until the clutch went bye bye.

I too, say race him, anything can happen. The kid could just have a big mouth and can't drive. Think of it, if you win, there's another $1000 you can put towards your car. Good Luck!

Red
    1987 Trans Am

Does he know what your Trans Am runs? If he does, I would be careful.

Man I would be careful cuz lets just assume he has the 290bhp engine with just a rough estimate of 250whp. If his turbo only adds 50%, which could be pretty conservative depending on his setup, that would put him at 375whp. This is just speculation but I would be willing to bet that his lighter weight and mid-engine placement would make up for or even possibly better you 400rwtq off the line. So then your there dead even at the 60' with a car that weighs 400ish pounds less and only has 30 less whp.

Sure his turbo could only add 50whp, but I'm just saying that scenario is very, very plausible.

Best of luck though if you decide to race him. Almost nothing feels better than beating a $80k original msrp car in you fbody.

Jeff

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    I'de take the F body. I raced an earlier NSX like 93 - It was no contest.
    Ditto .. a friend of mine got one of these about 3 years ago. No contest really. The NSX's are beautiful in my opinion .. you dont see them all the time. Their not quartermile kings though. They were a exotic/luxury car with really good "pep" haha.

Stats on your 93 Nsx:
    Comments: The 1993 Acura NSX was basically carried over from the year before. Minor changes included the addition of a passenger air bag (greatly reducing size of the glove box, a new A/C system, and a revised dash.

Production: 608
    Engines: 3.0 V6 270 bhp @ 7100 rpm, 210 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm.
    Performance: 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.0 seconds.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

red
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    Production: 608
    Engines: 3.0 V6 270 bhp @ 7100 rpm, 210 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm.
    Performance: 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.0 seconds.
    Somebody did his homework.
    Exsept I like to call it a Acura NoSeX

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Most mags claim they run high 13's stock.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro Fan View Post
    I'd be surprised if the NSX doesn't take this one handily. Even a small turbo on a NSX w/ supporting bolt ons should be darn fast. It's a light car, and as mentioned the mid engine will allow him to launch quite well, especially with drag radials. To top it off he could be making more power (even if not, he doesn't need as much power to be faster)...

I would need to know rwhp numbers for him to make a better guess, and I would definitely love to see this race for fun or a $50ish bet, but there is no way in hell I'd lay $1k on the line in a race w/ a relatively unknown setup turbo NSX on drag radials. Especially if he's the one instigating the $1k bet... I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to him to gauge the approximate performance of your LS1 setup, on the other hand he could be packing anything from 350-550 rwhp. You really feel comfortable throwing down $1k with that range of uncertainty?
    I definatly know what your saying and i agree with you just $1k sounds so tasty!!!! But i've got the all on his engine i wrote it down at work and forgot to bring it home so i'll give you the lo-down and possibly some numbers but as for now it's in limbo because one of my boyz tryed to test him and told him i was making serious power all motor not more then 500 but also on drag radials and my boy told me he got pretty worried so that might just be a klew on to what he might NOT have....

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    If you got 4.10's or more, then run him. Don't listen to that hypothetical NSX sh*t. He has 192 cubes for Chrissake's! You got a low 12/high 11 sec STREET car, hell it should be faster than mine, and I would run him without hesitation.

Not to mention DRAG radials, put it to his p*ssy already!

It has been my experience that people who want to run for a LARGE sum of money, or for titles, really don't want to race and hope you won't call their bluff. Pull his damn punk card!
    I do have 4.10s and drag radials plus a best run at the track of 11.642 @ 118mph with a 1.91 60' (if i remember correctly cuz i lost my slip but i think that should be enough to whip his ass hopefully....

P.S. the run was at atco which is notorious for great elevation and good hooking so i dont know how "street accurate" that is
    Last edited by NeeD4SpeeD; 08-12-2006 at 01:49 PM.

orange
    1999 camaro z-28

Thumbs up

i have a friend that was looking at buying a nsx test drove it and everything it is one of the most overrated cars in recent history and the one we were test driving had a 16 lb boost it ran a 13.06 through the 1/4. my car runs that with just my bolt ons so if r running 11's then just smoke for all fbody lover's

2000 Corvette

red
    98 M6 Z28

A good friend of mine has a 95 nsx without a turbo and he runs low 12's. If you're in the 11's you could be okay but don't underestimate a modded nsx. The old stock ones aren't very powerful but with a little work it will move. I'll be up at Atco as soon as I get my new Z28.

too bad you're not closer..i'd take his $1,000. i had some stage 3 gt28 turbo GLI start shit with me the other weekend. basically told me my car was a mockery and since i was NA i had no chance. he claimed to be making 365 to the ground on 104 octaine or some shit. following the race after i put a 6-8 car hurtin on him both times he actually looked shell shocked and said he had never gotten his ass handed to him like that before.
    i didn't read this whole thread because i'm at work. do you know what turbo this guy has,etc? if anything it will be a top end car..they aren't shit in the 1/4. with that cam and 4.11s your going to pull him so hard right outa the box he won't know wtf just happend. additionally, that cam is going to benefit you up top also. as far as running for money, i was never a fan of it, so that parts up to you

"it's always the assholes that talk the most that get walked the most"
    Last edited by cam02ss; 08-15-2006 at 11:02 AM.
    Pink wire loom.
    Awesome.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-07-2013, 07:35 AM

Thread Information