Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

02 trans am vs 03 mustang gt

This is a discussion on 02 trans am vs 03 mustang gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Lastnight my lady and i was cruising home from a movie, when this silver mustang convertible pulls up to me ...

  1. #1
    Member 4thGenTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    farmington
    Posts
    181

    black
    2002 firebird trans am

    02 trans am vs 03 mustang gt

    Lastnight my lady and i was cruising home from a movie, when this silver mustang convertible pulls up to me revving his engine, tryna get my attention. At first i thought his mustang was a saleen, so i revved back at him, then he takes off, gets the jump on me about 1/2 car, i shift to 2nd at around 45mph and floor it...my tired]s spun for a bit, then i immediately pulled past him and kept going until around 70mph, had him about 4 cars...haha I parked at hastings and he pulls up and parks next to me. When i found out his car was just another mustang gt. He asked what i had in my car cuz he said he never got beatn like that haha, obviously he didnt know much about trans am or camaros, but overall it was a kill i thought of writing about haha..another mustang kill...the 5th one i beat so far, my town is full of them.....

  2. #2
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    Either way its a good kill, alot of times mustang gt owners just dont realize how fast an LS1 really is. They think just because its a camaro it should do well with it since there rivals and compared to each other most often. Too bad many of them dont test drive both cars before making there decision on which to buy, sure some will still pick a gt but in my case i picked a camaro.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

  3. #3
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    mustangs have always been slower than f-bodies. fact of life. they NEED forced induction just to keep up.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    mustangs have always been slower than f-bodies. fact of life. they NEED forced induction just to keep up.
    or it needs a special Edition. Ford likes to their customers. They know mustang fans eat out of their hands and settle for the crappy product they put out on the dealers. 2009 and it supposed to have 315hp, we had that about a decade ago

  5. #5
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Ford made gt's popular because they were originally a cheap affordable sports car-just every other idiot thought ooh ooh v-8 must mean its fast!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    ^^^^^^^^^

  7. #7
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Good kill

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    or it needs a special Edition. Ford likes to their customers. They know mustang fans eat out of their hands and settle for the crappy product they put out on the dealers.
    So Ford their customers by manufacturing a car that people want and people buy? So if Ford screwed their customers over by providing car that people actually buy, what did GM do?

    So getting rid of the F-body for 8 years is and Ford actually making a car people buy is ? The logic of ls1.com amazes me.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Good kill


    So Ford their customers by manufacturing a car that people want and people buy? So if Ford screwed their customers over by providing car that people actually buy, what did GM do?

    So getting rid of the F-body for 8 years is and Ford actually making a car people buy is ? The logic of ls1.com amazes me.
    its better to burn out than to fade away!

  9. #9
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,188

    Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    tryna,tired]s beatn
    No wonder people think we are red necks.

  10. #10
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Good kill


    So Ford their customers by manufacturing a car that people want and people buy? So if Ford screwed their customers over by providing car that people actually buy, what did GM do?

    So getting rid of the F-body for 8 years is and Ford actually making a car people buy is ? The logic of ls1.com amazes me.
    women buying v6 convertable mustangs keep their sales alive.

  11. #11
    Junior Member FirebirdFever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    89
    Don't get me wrong...great story, but I mean...it's one of those "no shit." stories where we all know what happens.

    I mean, even on the Mustang forums, I see people claim that they beat a trans am with their GT stock for stock, and the posts, from DIE HARD mustang fans are like:

    "BS. Trans am is a mean bitch stock. You probably raced a v6"

    "There's no way a GT can keep up with even the most poorly maintained LT1, nevermind LS1"

    "He probably wasn't even trying to race you.."

    Etc. ETc. Etc.

    It's just not the same class of car, and a lot of Mustang owners need to realize that. I mean, I don't have anything against the cars, but if you want to compete with the LS1 WS6's...at least get a cobra. A Mustang GT and a Trans Am WS6 are NOT the same class of muscle car...it's like comparing a Dodge Charger to a Aston Martin Vantage...year for year of course.

  12. #12
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    +1

  13. #13
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    i had a 92 mustang gt back in 98 when the ls1 came out in the f body.my gt had a 3.55 gear,no cats,flowmasters,k&n cone filter,and a big ass mass air meter not to mention a 5-speed trans and this silver t/a rolled up on me one night,still had the dealer tag,and freakin cleaned my clock i was like wtf,i could keep up with a lt1 but with this new t/a it wasn't even close.met the ls1 the hard way

  14. #14
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    hear we go guys, lets get this thread closed too. who gives a damn. dont ruin his thread. yes GTs are slower than the ls1 but ford obviously does something right because the mustang sales thrive and the fbody was killed off. also ford doesnt need bailout money just to stay afloat

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    women buying v6 convertable mustangs keep their sales alive.
    the only thing hot about mustangs is the women driving them.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    i had a 92 mustang gt back in 98 when the ls1 came out in the f body.my gt had a 3.55 gear,no cats,flowmasters,k&n cone filter,and a big ass mass air meter not to mention a 5-speed trans and this silver t/a rolled up on me one night,still had the dealer tag,and freakin cleaned my clock i was like wtf,i could keep up with a lt1 but with this new t/a it wasn't even close.met the ls1 the hard way
    Agreed Mustangs were great during the 80's, but I was never really a fan of them. Especially nowadays when barbie has her pink vert. noo thank you.

    And now its just not worth the whole hassle of reporting mustang kills.

  17. #17
    Member 4thGenTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    farmington
    Posts
    181

    black
    2002 firebird trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    No wonder people think we are red necks.
    haha..im native american just to let you know, and now a redneck, let people think what they want, shouldnt matter based on what we drive.

  18. #18
    Member 4thGenTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    farmington
    Posts
    181

    black
    2002 firebird trans am

    i know that mustang gt's are slower then ls1 fbodys. As for my story, i was mislead that the car i raced was a saleen, so i thought it would have been fun to see what happens, and this is a kill story forum, so any kill stories deserve to be on here, whether its a kill or a close match...just my opinion

  19. #19
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    Lastnight my lady and i was cruising home from a movie, when this silver mustang convertible pulls up to me revving his engine, tryna get my attention. At first i thought his mustang was a saleen, so i revved back at him, then he takes off, gets the jump on me about 1/2 car, i shift to 2nd at around 45mph and floor it...my tired]s spun for a bit, then i immediately pulled past him and kept going until around 70mph, had him about 4 cars...haha I parked at hastings and he pulls up and parks next to me. When i found out his car was just another mustang gt. He asked what i had in my car cuz he said he never got beatn like that haha, obviously he didnt know much about trans am or camaros, but overall it was a kill i thought of writing about haha..another mustang kill...the 5th one i beat so far, my town is full of them.....
    Hey I enjoyed your story even if some folks did'nt. I've beat up on stock GT's my self with my tuner Z34. I think your point was the "Ego" hurtin you put on another stock GT owner who thinks because his car can snap his head back he's gonna run right out and beat up on LS1s. I love watchin thier Ego melt when I'm pulling ahead at around 7000rpm with a 60* v6. But not to thread jack but I totaly enjoyed your kill story.
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-22-2009 at 08:29 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Ford made gt's popular because they were originally a cheap affordable sports car-just every other idiot thought ooh ooh v-8 must mean its fast!
    dude has it on the money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. mustang vs trans am
    By beerboy in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. 99 Trans Am Vs. 99 Mustang GT
    By TransAmFanatic in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 07:49 AM
  3. mustang/trans am rivalry !!!!!
    By redls1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 09:06 AM
  4. 06 Mustang vs 02 Trans AM
    By jerry trans am in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 01:20 PM
  5. 99 Trans Am(Me) vs. 5.0 Mustang
    By Laytonium in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •