Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 125

02 SS vs 03-04 cobra??

This is a discussion on 02 SS vs 03-04 cobra?? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by jasonisdn check this out hurtindude. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26014 this almost made me sick after i spend 4 grand on ...

  1. #101
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    56

    Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn View Post
    check this out hurtindude. New ls7 heads and intake are sick and cheap this almost made me sick after i spend 4 grand on a new top end to get to 450 rwhp na on a 383/396 (still undecided) LT1 and guess what your 03/04 will most likely be out dated like the ls1 and lt1 are. sad thing about being into fast cars as a hobby, almost every few years the stuff that we thought was the shit is shitty in the near future.
    can't argue with the price...

  2. #102
    Member BlackZ28629's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    memphis
    Age
    37
    Posts
    136

    black
    99 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    if it wasn't supercharged, then it wasn't an 03
    holy crap...I beat a supercharged Cobra w/ a stock LS1...doesnt say much for Ford. It was Torch Red..they only pack 390hp..weighs 3665lbs.I know what I raced dude. Cobras are the least of my worries.......SLOWWWWWW...

  3. #103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenville sc
    Age
    19
    Posts
    88

    white
    02

    12.6s @ 112 slp stock off the show room with et streets. and i did it at bradenton, fl this past winter, wen 11.6s at 122 with a 100 shot, i didnt see any slobas go 12.6s stock, or pullied go 11.6s, typical ford garbage.

  4. #104
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Age
    39
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    didn't your parents tell you it's not nice to lie.

    sometimes it like

    people are so cought up in brand loyalty that they don't want to admit that there may actually be something faster on the other side.

    I respect anything that makes power and holds together...

    i owned a 2000 LS1 WS6 cross ram air trans am.. and i now own a terminator... i loved my trans am, but when i test drove a terminator, i traded it in same day. ask me which one is faster, and don't be scared of the answer.....

    Thats how i know your tellin fibs... i have owned both and i know the truth...

    here is a little video for you... it includes dyno sheets... pay special attention to this... especially where it shows him making 375 RWHP to the rear wheels STOCK!! then it shows him making 404 RWHP with just an exhaust! Then a 2.8pully and a chip and he is making 452 RWHP. Not bad... He later changes his CAI and adds an idler pully and he is up a small amount to 459 RWHP. Then he changes his chip to stock and uses a diablo flash tuner, and gets up too 461 RWHP on a 100 + degree day!

    This is your AVERAGE pullied cobra you claim to have bested with an automatic F-Body???!!!



    for your enjoyment... after watching this, i don't know how you can say you beat a pullied cobra with a straight face anymore... LOL!!! gimmie a break...

    he races an SLP camaro in the video too.. i dont need to tell you what happened... i am sure you already know...

    there is always some one faster then you, no matter what you drive,, just don't claim to be faster then something your not, it doesn't make you any more of a man to lie about your accomplishments.
    Your smokin crack if you think cobras are that fast. I dont what u had done to ur t/a but sounds like you dont know much about modded ls1s. You come on this site thinkin your gonna make everyone bow down to 03-04 cobras by makin up b.s. sure that cobra put down 459 rwhp but if you take the average rwhp down the track and subtract that number by the difference in weight between the fbody and cobra, and do the same with a heads and cam ls1 the numbers from the ls1 will be better than the cobra.and thats what wins races not peak numbers. i've seen head and cam ls1s run better than even some kb cobras.

  5. #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16

    Grey
    87 T-Top

    Quote Originally Posted by boostedSS View Post
    Your smokin crack if you think cobras are that fast. I dont what u had done to ur t/a but sounds like you dont know much about modded ls1s. You come on this site thinkin your gonna make everyone bow down to 03-04 cobras by makin up b.s. sure that cobra put down 459 rwhp but if you take the average rwhp down the track and subtract that number by the difference in weight between the fbody and cobra, and do the same with a heads and cam ls1 the numbers from the ls1 will be better than the cobra.and thats what wins races not peak numbers. i've seen head and cam ls1s run better than even some kb cobras.

    I have to agree with the above statement. I have an 87 fox with heads, cam, etc. and only put down 340 RWHP on motor. I run 9.9's on motor in the 1,000ft. and 7.6 in the 1/8. My car is a full weight GT, not gutted out. Alot of racing comes down to drivers, suspension, and gearing. I have out run a lot of cobra's claiming 450 RWHP. Just my 2 cents worth.

  6. #106
    Senior Member cam02ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    2,139
    yea i sure had the luck of the draw...the cobra i ran had 591 rwhp, assload of torque, built motor 2.2 kenny bell between 12-15 psi to my heads/cam SS. he wanted a 2nd gear roll..got me by 3 cars the 2nd time

    there are videos of it in the kills section somewhere.
    Pink wire loom.
    Awesome.

  7. #107
    Member silverz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington MO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    796

    sebring silver
    2000 z28

    first get beat,

    then get heads, cam, headers, full intake, tune, and wider tires if not already equipted,

    then after he laughs at you the second time you wannna race , mop him up and laugh back

  8. #108
    Senior Member cam02ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    first get beat,

    then get heads, cam, headers, full intake, tune, and wider tires if not already equipted,

    then after he laughs at you the second time you wannna race , mop him up and laugh back
    as stated above

  9. #109
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    56

    Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

    Quote Originally Posted by boostedSS View Post
    Your smokin crack if you think cobras are that fast. I dont what u had done to ur t/a but sounds like you dont know much about modded ls1s. You come on this site thinkin your gonna make everyone bow down to 03-04 cobras by makin up b.s. sure that cobra put down 459 rwhp but if you take the average rwhp down the track and subtract that number by the difference in weight between the fbody and cobra, and do the same with a heads and cam ls1 the numbers from the ls1 will be better than the cobra.and thats what wins races not peak numbers. i've seen head and cam ls1s run better than even some kb cobras.
    i am not attempting to make anyone "bow down" not at all. i'll tell you what i do know about modded LS1s though. It may not be as much as the all knowing people here, but... I know about changing my oil and having needle bearings drain out w/ my oil. (and some that i assume didn't are are still in that motor somewhere to this day.)
    What i don't know is where all this hubbub about the supposed weight difference came from. I weighed my t/a w/ full tank and t-tops on it and it came in at just over 3700 lbs. i have seen f-bodies come in at much lower weights, but with mods to get them their, as stated in my prior posts. I have never seen a ss or a ws6 weigh in at less then 3700 w/ out weight reduction mods.. I haven't seen hundreds on the scale, but i have seen quite a few waiting my turn in line on more then one occation, enough to say it is established fact they weigh over 3700 in w/ full fluids. that is no driver by the way also...
    I know this about modded LS1s. My cobra is faster then my t/a w/ all the basic bolt ons. I didn't have heads and/or cam, but i don't consider changing the entire upper half of the engine to be a "bolt on" mod either.
    I know this about the LS1.. and more so the LT1.. working under their hood is a nightmare come true. My cobra is a dream come true in compairison. I know about the loss of leg room on the passenger side because of where GM located the cat. I know about the cheap plastic backs on the seats, or the cheap plastic shift knob, cheap plastic door panels, and poor quality leather seats and otherwise cheap interior. I know about all the creaks and rattles after 20K on the clock. I know about every heat sheild rattle on the exhaust after 40K. Lastly i know about their glass jaw rear ends... I know about their tiny brakes and tendency to warp rotors faster then britney spears gets knocked up...
    Here is what i know about my cobra... I know about high quality completely leather wrapped seats, front and back. I know about leather shift knobs and boot, i know about more leg room for my bud or my girl riding shotgun. I know about no engine parts coming out with my oil when i change it. I know about the standard V8 mustang rear end measuring in at 8.8" where as GM's bad boy (the 12 bolt) only measures 8.5" and the f-body cursed with a 10 bolt doesn't even get that. I know about my 13" (ok 12.8 to be exact) brembo rotors and twin piston PBR calipers. I also know about my better stereo system with 6 disk in dash changer.

    But i guess in the grand scheme of things, i don't know much compaired to some here.
    Last edited by hurtindude; 08-15-2006 at 08:25 PM.

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    56

    Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

    Quote Originally Posted by 430 stang View Post
    I have to agree with the above statement. I have an 87 fox with heads, cam, etc. and only put down 340 RWHP on motor. I run 9.9's on motor in the 1,000ft. and 7.6 in the 1/8. My car is a full weight GT, not gutted out. Alot of racing comes down to drivers, suspension, and gearing. I have out run a lot of cobra's claiming 450 RWHP. Just my 2 cents worth.
    a fox body mustang weighs far less then the cobra though.. we are not talking a few hundred pounds either.. especially true of the notch backs. stock i would expect to lose to a 340 RWHP fox body all said and told.

    i had a 91 LX 5.0. nice cars. Ran 14's back in the day, not too bad at the time, and were smokin tuned port camaros and T/As at the time. Not too stable at high speeds though... Only fear was the black buicks...
    Last edited by hurtindude; 08-15-2006 at 08:28 PM.

  11. #111
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Dude you have no idea what your talking about I already owned you on the weight issue and your wrong on this one also. Your saying that an ls1 fbody needs heads, intake, cam, exaust and nitrous to make 500rwhp. Thats bull my friend. Cam exaust and tune only guys can see over 400rwhp. With cam, heads exaust and tune you can see 500rwhp without nitrous. Keep in mind that is naturally aspirated. The cobra guys that are seeing 500+rwhp numbers are impressive, but they are running fairly high boost to see these levels(like 18-20psi) You can make 500rwhp on only 8 pounds with an ls1. That alone shows the superiority of the ls1 engine, shit if you put 20 pounds of boost on a forged ls1 your looking at around 850 rwhp easy. Theres no replacement for displacement especially with the right technology matched with it. I'll say it again you should try to actually know what your talking about before you run your mouth on the forum, especially when your a ford owner and you don't even know about your own car.


    He is right hurtindude. Blown LSX's make f*ckin hellacious power. Look at the Lingenfelter twin turbo. It will get sideways at 125 mph (before peak boost hits), WITH 335/30 Michelin Pilot Sports.

    hurtindude, I know you are new, but guys with posts over 200 are generally knowledgable about our cars, and the competition's stuff.

    We all know you love your terminator, and the only car that has ever had a chance to whip me (at the current power level) was one with a 2.73 pulley (he said), and a loud ass exhaust, so I got respect for the 03. We were dead EVEN from 80 to 140, like three times in a row on the highway. Believe it, or don't believe it, but that is the GOSPEL.

    What is really messed up is that I got 12K tied up in mine, and he prolly had 35K or MORE tied up in his. But, he does have the "Cobra" aura, and IRS, and the supercharger whine to listen too, so maybe the 20K extra he spent justifies that.

    Oh yeah, I had an 01 Cobra with full bolt-ons and gears, and I bet it would have eaten a stock terminator from a dig.
    Last edited by Roastem; 08-16-2006 at 10:33 AM.

  12. #112
    Senior Member cam02ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    i am not attempting to make anyone "bow down" not at all. i'll tell you what i do know about modded LS1s though. It may not be as much as the all knowing people here, but... I know about changing my oil and having needle bearings drain out w/ my oil. (and some that i assume didn't are are still in that motor somewhere to this day.)
    What i don't know is where all this hubbub about the supposed weight difference came from. I weighed my t/a w/ full tank and t-tops on it and it came in at just over 3700 lbs. i have seen f-bodies come in at much lower weights, but with mods to get them their, as stated in my prior posts. I have never seen a ss or a ws6 weigh in at less then 3700 w/ out weight reduction mods.. I haven't seen hundreds on the scale, but i have seen quite a few waiting my turn in line on more then one occation, enough to say it is established fact they weigh over 3700 in w/ full fluids. that is no driver by the way also...
    I know this about modded LS1s. My cobra is faster then my t/a w/ all the basic bolt ons. I didn't have heads and/or cam, but i don't consider changing the entire upper half of the engine to be a "bolt on" mod either.
    I know this about the LS1.. and more so the LT1.. working under their hood is a nightmare come true. My cobra is a dream come true in compairison. I know about the loss of leg room on the passenger side because of where GM located the cat. I know about the cheap plastic backs on the seats, or the cheap plastic shift knob, cheap plastic door panels, and poor quality leather seats and otherwise cheap interior. I know about all the creaks and rattles after 20K on the clock. I know about every heat sheild rattle on the exhaust after 40K. Lastly i know about their glass jaw rear ends... I know about their tiny brakes and tendency to warp rotors faster then britney spears gets knocked up...
    Here is what i know about my cobra... I know about high quality completely leather wrapped seats, front and back. I know about leather shift knobs and boot, i know about more leg room for my bud or my girl riding shotgun. I know about no engine parts coming out with my oil when i change it. I know about the standard V8 mustang rear end measuring in at 8.8" where as GM's bad boy (the 12 bolt) only measures 8.5" and the f-body cursed with a 10 bolt doesn't even get that. I know about my 13" (ok 12.8 to be exact) brembo rotors and twin piston PBR calipers. I also know about my better stereo system with 6 disk in dash changer.

    But i guess in the grand scheme of things, i don't know much compaired to some here.
    buddie i got news for you...both american made..both gonna have problems. i've driven vettes, mustangs and now the camaro...all developed "noises" family members have worked for ford, etc. overall quality is going to measure up about the same with exceptions to a few various parts (comparing the rears is one) i've got 42,xxx on the clock and the only rattles/vibrations i hear are caused by that damn T Rex cam and other engine mods that i have done.

  13. #113
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    about changing my oil and having needle bearings drain out w/ my oil

    Needle bearings? I have changed the oil in mine several times and have never seen anything. My 01 Cobra started knocking on startup at 70K.

    I weighed my t/a w/ full tank and t-tops on it and it came in at just over 3700 lbs

    Manufacturer's must be a pack of liars when it comes to BASIC measurements. Was it a convertible?

    My cobra is faster then my t/a w/ all the basic bolt ons

    That is believable.

    I know this about the LS1.. and more so the LT1.. working under their hood is a nightmare come true. My cobra is a dream come true in comparison.
    I agree, the 01 Cobra was pretty straightforward, changing those gears in the IRS was a real SUMB*TCH though.

    I know about the loss of leg room on the passenger side because of where GM located the cat. I know about the cheap plastic backs on the seats, or the cheap plastic shift knob, cheap plastic door panels, and poor quality leather seats and otherwise cheap interior.

    Hate to break it to you, but both interiors are cheap and low rent. The Cobra did have nicer seats though.


    I know about all the creaks and rattles after 20K on the clock. I know about every heat sheild rattle on the exhaust after 40K. Lastly i know about their glass jaw rear ends... I know about their tiny brakes and tendency to warp rotors faster then britney spears gets knocked up...

    Mine doesn't creak and rattle with 97K, and YES the 10-bolt was an engineering DISASTER, and the brakes do suck ass compared to my 01's setup, which is the same as the 03. That is precisely why I put an absolutely awesome aftermarket setup on mine.

    Final Note:
    I got 12 grand in mine, and there isn't a stock COBRA on this planet that will best it in any performance measure you care to test.

  14. #114
    Senior Member cam02ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    2,139
    yea the brakes do suck suck and suck some more on the f bodies and its a bitch and a half to shell out the money for aftermarket...but once the baer brake kit is on the car...how do those stock brembo's measure up?

    .......this coming from someone who is still on their stock POS brakes because they went and dumped all the money into other parts of the car

  15. #115
    Just Cammed Laytonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairview Park, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    27

    Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am


  16. #116
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    yea the brakes do suck suck and suck some more on the f bodies and its a bitch and a half to shell out the money for aftermarket...but once the baer brake kit is on the car...how do those stock brembo's measure up?

    .......this coming from someone who is still on their stock POS brakes because they went and dumped all the money into other parts of the car
    Dude, as fast as your car is, I am surprised you didn't invest in brakes earlier. After a few nasty brake fades, and the nose-turning stench from overworked brakes, I decided to invest in a good brake setup.

    I put the red Z06 calipers and pads on the front with 13" Brembo drilled rotors (you have to buy an aftermarket adapter for the bigger rotors, you know that already, I am sure). On the back I put the ACDelco Durastop Performance Rotor, with Z06 pads and calipers. I finished it off with a nice all-around stainless steel braided lines from Goodridge (fit perfect, highly recommend).

    How do they work? Top five mod, minimum. No brake fade, and it will put your face smack dab in the windshield if you stab 'em. I had one of my boys with me, and got on the brakes going about 60, and he came UP and OUT of the seat and had to brace himself to keep from French-kissing my dashboard. I am lucky to have a steering wheel to push against, but even then I thought it was going to bend toward the dash. They are just...confidence inspiring. With the stock brakes, I always felt like they were gonna let me down when I needed them the most, and if you drive like me, that could be FATAL.

    Good advice, don't get any ACDelco front rotors, they are more brittle than a Ford manager's career. One good, hard stop from 140+ put cracks all in it. They were drilled and slotted. It cracked at the slots! Go figure! The Brembo's are extra, but they are worth every penny.

  17. #117
    Senior Member cam02ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Dude, as fast as your car is, I am surprised you didn't invest in brakes earlier. After a few nasty brake fades, and the nose-turning stench from overworked brakes, I decided to invest in a good brake setup.

    I put the red Z06 calipers and pads on the front with 13" Brembo drilled rotors (you have to buy an aftermarket adapter for the bigger rotors, you know that already, I am sure). On the back I put the ACDelco Durastop Performance Rotor, with Z06 pads and calipers. I finished it off with a nice all-around stainless steel braided lines from Goodridge (fit perfect, highly recommend).

    How do they work? Top five mod, minimum. No brake fade, and it will put your face smack dab in the windshield if you stab 'em. I had one of my boys with me, and got on the brakes going about 60, and he came UP and OUT of the seat and had to brace himself to keep from French-kissing my dashboard. I am lucky to have a steering wheel to push against, but even then I thought it was going to bend toward the dash. They are just...confidence inspiring. With the stock brakes, I always felt like they were gonna let me down when I needed them the most, and if you drive like me, that could be FATAL.

    Good advice, don't get any ACDelco front rotors, they are more brittle than a Ford manager's career. One good, hard stop from 140+ put cracks all in it. They were drilled and slotted. It cracked at the slots! Go figure! The Brembo's are extra, but they are worth every penny.

    yea i know..im planning on it soon. my friend is putting the corvette setup on his formula so im going to see how that goes and probably do the same thing. i'd love to get baer brakes but $2500 is pretty steep for brakes...hell thats a little more than half of what i could get a 408 for.

  18. #118
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    56

    Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

    Needle bearings? I have changed the oil in mine several times and have never seen anything. My 01 Cobra started knocking on startup at 70K.
    from what i understand now, the rockers falling apart in the lsx engine is a common problem. I didn't know that then... Sure is scarey...

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Manufacturer's must be a pack of liars when it comes to BASIC measurements. Was it a convertible?
    no as said before t-tops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I agree, the 01 Cobra was pretty straightforward, changing those gears in the IRS was a real SUMB*TCH though.
    i actually think it to be easier. you can drop the pumpkin right out of the car and work on it on a bench. I can have the pumpkin on the ground in less then 45 minutes. Although because of the aluminum housing as opposed to cast iron, specs are different then the normal 8.8 for preload and backlash, and you do need a few special tools. (case spreader) Or you can hack it by hammering in shims into an aluminum housing... but i'm all set. Thats about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but both interiors are cheap and low rent. The Cobra did have nicer seats though.
    I can not speak for the older cobras but mine is not what i would call cheap. Then again i have seen cobras with cloth interior and not even have leather too, so maybe....

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Mine doesn't creak and rattle with 97K, and YES the 10-bolt was an engineering DISASTER, and the brakes do suck ass compared to my 01's setup, which is the same as the 03. That is precisely why I put an absolutely awesome aftermarket setup on mine.
    my dash rattled bad. my friend had an SS for a short while. his was worse, but his was in an accident. mine however had clean title.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Final Note:
    I got 12 grand in mine, and there isn't a stock COBRA on this planet that will best it in any performance measure you care to test.
    12 G's i hope that includes the price of the car. If your talking 12 G's in mods alone, i don't think there should be a stock car period that can hang. fuck cobras, i would be looking for hennessey vipers.
    you forgot to mention my car insurance preimum too... and the fuel expense... terminators have no knock sensors too so can't even cheap out on it once in a while like w/ most cars.. (not that i would anyway) the superchargers made too much noise for a knock sensor to accuratly pick up a signal. she sucks super and thats the bottom line.

    yea... i pay... can't argue that.... truth be told, every now and then i wish i kept my t/a because of the extra loot i shell out each month. but i make decent change, and i fall in love all over again every time i get into that car and hear them pipes... Is it worth it, to me, yea, to someone else prolly not. Thats subject to opinion.
    Last edited by hurtindude; 08-16-2006 at 06:31 PM.

  19. #119
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    12 G's i hope that includes the price of the car. If your talking 12 G's in mods alone, i don't think there should be a stock car period that can hang. fuck cobras, i would be looking for hennessey vipers.
    you forgot to mention my car insurance preimum too... and the fuel expense... terminators have no knock sensors too so can't even cheap out on it once in a while like w/ most cars.. (not that i would anyway) the superchargers made too much noise for a knock sensor to accuratly pick up a signal. she sucks super and thats the bottom line.
    Got the car for 8K, and spent 4K in mods. But it had full bolt-on's, traction mods, and gears when I got it, so I didn't have to pay for that stuff.

    I took the interior COMPLETELY out of it last week, in the hopes of lightening her up a little, and boy did I. I took out the seats, carpet, and all the plastic panels, and my suspension rose TWO friggin' inches dude. I am gonna put back the carpet (minus 50 lbs of insulation and sound deadening), the two front seats, and the plastic trim (doesn't weigh much, plus it will still look half decent). I am going to put everything together and weigh it to see how much I dropped. Gonna be at least 150 lbs, for sure.

    I took out the rubber grommets that seal the undercarriage, I want to hear every friggin' thump of that cam in the cabin. It is gonna be LOUD and RAW as a mothaf*cka.

  20. #120
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    56

    Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Got the car for 8K, and spent 4K in mods. But it had full bolt-on's, traction mods, and gears when I got it, so I didn't have to pay for that stuff.

    I took the interior COMPLETELY out of it last week, in the hopes of lightening her up a little, and boy did I. I took out the seats, carpet, and all the plastic panels, and my suspension rose TWO friggin' inches dude. I am gonna put back the carpet (minus 50 lbs of insulation and sound deadening), the two front seats, and the plastic trim (doesn't weigh much, plus it will still look half decent). I am going to put everything together and weigh it to see how much I dropped. Gonna be at least 150 lbs, for sure.

    I took out the rubber grommets that seal the undercarriage, I want to hear every friggin' thump of that cam in the cabin. It is gonna be LOUD and RAW as a mothaf*cka.
    going to be a bit for sure.. i have seen some nice rear seat delete kits.. have the ss or t/a logos on em, are sheet metal aluminum, just to cover the place where the back seatus used to be..

    i had a good laugh a bit ago. a bud of mine and i were installing my steeda clutch quadrent kit, and we were taking out the drivers seat to have easy access under the dash.. We unbolted it and he went to lift it and did a double take. I don't think he was expecting a 60 pound seat..

    yea, there is a lot of weight to be lost in removing all that stuff. That is for sure. i booted the spare and jack in lieu of a can of fix-a-flat and a tire repair kit. There is also a weight to remove vibrations on the IRS near the pinion noise that i removed when i changed the subframe and diff bushings to polly to get rid of the wheel hop. Thats about my only weight reduction mods.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 04 cobra vs 04 gto
    By burnsxxxls1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
  2. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Cobra's Wow!
    By camarojunky74 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •