Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

02 firehawk vs 99 vette

This is a discussion on 02 firehawk vs 99 vette within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; The Firehawk has about 320hp @ the wheels, 3.42 gears, and is a stick The Vette has about 290hp@ the ...

Black
    98 Trans Am

The Firehawk has about 320hp @ the wheels, 3.42 gears, and is a stick
    The Vette has about 290hp@ the wheels, either 2.73 or 3.15 gears, weighs about 300lbs less and has better aerodynamics.

an 02 Firehawk with the SLP lid and exhaust, is technically the fastest stock LS1 F-body should be good for high 12's, while the Vette is a very low 13 second car, if you can drive, you should pull on him after a few gears.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by F&Ybodlover View Post
    The Vette has about 290hp@ the wheels, either 2.73 or 3.15 gears, weighs about 300lbs less and has better aerodynamics.

an 02 Firehawk with the SLP lid and exhaust, is technically the fastest stock LS1 F-body should be good for high 12's, while the Vette is a very low 13 second car, if you can drive, you should pull on him after a few gears.
    A Firehawk is not quite an average 12-second car. No way. It's possible, but rare. Low 13's is the norm. If I had to put my money on either car though, I go with the hawk.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    A Firehawk is not quite an average 12-second car. No way. It's possible, but rare. Low 13's is the norm.
    That's why I said "good for high 12's", a good driver in good conditions should be able to do it.

I know of a 6spd that ran a 12.9 @109 totally stock, and if you factor in that stock LS1 F-bods have gotten in the 12's although rare, without
    the LS6 intake, SLP cat back, ram air, and lid, an 02 Hawk should be a high 12 second car. It's a lot rarer for a stock automatic(especially 97-00) C5 hitting 12's.

10's N/A

See the "should be" is what gets me. I'd say "can be", but that's me. I understand where your coming from though, and no i've never seen a C5 auto in the 12's, though I bet you someone out there has done it - somehow, someway. Not to be magazine racing, but what suprised me was when M/T in there Sports & GT '03 edition ran 13.0 in a C5 6-speed CONVERTIBLE? That blew me away.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I like cheese........and boobies! Now, shut-up and go race!

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

just an update he has a problem with the battery draining down over a short period of time its not his daily so he hasnt been in a hurry like have been to race him heck ive even set him up with with a tech who has a multi meter who is going to his house this week and we live 30 mi apart so i am working on it hes just dragging his feet but as far as my experience with shifting i learned to drive on a stick at 12 my last 6 yrs have been an over the road truck driver where shifting was my job im 37 now i drive locally now but me and my m6 have had some time to get acquainted im going to the track in a few weeks to hone up a little

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

[Samuel L. Jackson]ENGLISH MUTHA FUCKA.....DO YOU SPEAK IT!?!?!?!?[/Samuel L Jackson]

Punctuation helps us to understand you. Anyway, sounds like his battery is not holding a charge. Interestingly, today I had to replace mine for the first time ever. It was only warrantied for 6 years, so I guess it did pretty well for itself. It was just dying every few days. New battery in and no more problems.

Chris

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

dude check your own fricken spelling warrantied is not even in the dictionary if dont feel like using periods sometimes then i dont this is not school!
    websters has warrant
    warrant able
    warrant ee
    warrant y
    warranty deed
    but no warrantied my shoe
    haha just thought id throw little mud back your way i understand your point and guess ill do a little better next time

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

It is in the dictionary. See bold below, or refer to the hyperlink. Sorry, man. I was just teasing you, anyway. My grammar is not perfect, but a little bit of organization helps the reader understand what you're trying to say.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/warrantied

war·ran·ty /n. waranti, Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n. wawr-uhn-tee, wor-; v. wawr-uhn-tee, wor-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -ties, verb, -tied, -ty·ing.
    –noun 1. an act or an instance of warranting; assurance; authorization; warrant.
    2. Law. a. a stipulation, explicit or implied, in assurance of some particular in connection with a contract, as of sale: an express warranty of the quality of goods.
    b. Also called covenant of warranty. a covenant in a deed to land by which the party conveying assures the grantee that he or she will enjoy the premises free from interference by any person claiming under a superior title. Compare quitclaim deed, warranty deed.
    c. (in the law of insurance) a statement or promise, made by the party insured, and included as an essential part of the contract, falsity or nonfulfillment of which renders the policy void.
    d. a judicial document, as a warrant or writ.

3. a written guarantee given to the purchaser of a new appliance, automobile, or other item by the manufacturer or dealer, usually specifying that the manufacturer will make any repairs or replace defective parts free of charge for a stated period of time.
    –verb (used with object) 4. to provide a manufacturer's or dealer's warranty for: The automaker warranties its new cars against exterior rust
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 08-22-2007 at 08:42 AM.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

it been proven that plain jane stripper model Z/28s are the fastest.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    it been proven that plain jane stripper model Z/28s are the fastest.
    yep.

3348 lbs is more than enough for a high twelve, and you could run it in a stripper before you ran it in a hawk...

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    yep.

3348 lbs is more than enough for a high twelve, and you could run it in a stripper before you ran it in a hawk...

what about a 02 1LE hawk.

Pewter
    2000 z28

what about a 02 1LE hawk.
    the lesser weight of the 1sc z is more valuable than the 1le suspension on the hawks. theyre still hefty.

this is just my opinion because i think the stripper z is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Black
    98 Trans Am

the lesser weight of the 1sc z is more valuable than the 1le suspension on the hawks. theyre still hefty.

this is just my opinion because i think the stripper z is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    doesn't the Hawk have 35 rated more hp than the Z?

I know the ram air setup doesn't add much on a dyno, but the SLP catback and lid do, plus the hawk has better traction with the 275's and torsen diff.

10's N/A

The quickest "recorded" times out of a stock LS1 F-body were both accomplished by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords ironically. The first was a stripper Z28 that wen't 12.89@108.0, and the second an '02 SS that ran a quickest 12.96@107.43 and a fastest speed of 108.71. Both were M6 cars. The SS ran those times in the hottest part of the day, so who knows...

Pewter
    2000 z28

doesn't the Hawk have 35 rated more hp than the Z?

I know the ram air setup doesn't add much on a dyno, but the SLP catback and lid do, plus the hawk has better traction with the 275's and torsen diff.

mostly inflated numbers so everyone would think they were special. the slp anything sucks, and may god have mercy on all those with their products...

Pewter
    2000 z28

The quickest "recorded" times out of a stock LS1 F-body were both accomplished by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords ironically. The first was a stripper Z28 that wen't 12.89@108.0, and the second an '02 SS that ran a quickest 12.96@107.43 and a fastest speed of 108.71. Both were M6 cars. The SS ran those times in the hottest part of the day, so who knows...
    yep. i have the article. pretty nuts!

10's N/A

mostly inflated numbers so everyone would think they were special. the slp anything sucks, and may god have mercy on all those with their products...
    LOL

Black
    98 Trans Am

The quickest "recorded" times out of a stock LS1 F-body were both accomplished by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords ironically. The first was a stripper Z28 that wen't 12.89@108.0, .

Yes that was a 99 hardtop. I've had the issue since new.

Sure it was with Evan Smith driving, at a fast track, in great conditions, but if that car did that, isn't it safe to say, if you add the LS6 intake, catback, lid, torsen diff, bigger tires of a 02 hawk it would have posted a better time same day same driver? all th Z has over it is the probably 100lbs lighter weight.

10's N/A

Yes that was a 99 hardtop. I've had the issue since new.

Sure it was with Evan Smith driving, at a fast track, in great conditions, but if that car did that, isn't it safe to say, if you add the LS6 intake, catback, lid, torsen diff, bigger tires of a 02 hawk it would have posted a better time same day same driver? all th Z has over it is the probably 100lbs lighter weight.
    Very possible. They tested only the Z28 and SS models - not a Firehawk, so who knows?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information