Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 vs GST Eclipse Turbo vs RSX turbo

Well this weekend most likely not 100% me and my friend are gonna head out and go for a nice drive. Usually we end up going up against each other, he got his car dialed in and its running excellent now. He put it on the dyno and is pushing 330 FWHP with 100 octane, i think 20 psi. Well most likley i will end up losing that match up but it gets worse, lol. We have another friend with a RSX S turbo which is just finishing up if all goes well he will most likley join us and he is gonna be pulling alot higher then 330 FWHP it will most likely be 420+ FWHP with 14 PSI with a cam and all bolt ons. I wish i atleast had LT's and re tune so im at my best but ohh well. So that one i know im owned, lol either way there great guys and i cant win them all but ill race them either way and ill keep you guys posted if it all goes down.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Well this weekend most likely not 100% me and my friend are gonna head out and go for a nice drive. Usually we end up going up against each other, he got his car dialed in and its running excellent now. He put it on the dyno and is pushing 330 FWHP with 100 octane, i think 20 psi. Well most likley i will end up losing that match up but it gets worse, lol. We have another friend with a RSX S turbo which is just finishing up if all goes well he will most likley join us and he is gonna be pulling alot higher then 330 FWHP it will most likely be 420+ FWHP with 14 PSI with a cam and all bolt ons. I wish i atleast had LT's and re tune so im at my best but ohh well. So that one i know im owned, lol either way there great guys and i cant win them all but ill race them either way and ill keep you guys posted if it all goes down.
    The 330whp GST should be a decent race against you, if you're putting out around the same numbers. Keep in mind, if he's full interior, most Eclipses still weigh over 3000lbs.

The RSX is going to smoke you if you're bolt ons only. A friend of mine is in the 10s at 133mph with a K20 turbo Civic hatch at 12psi. So factor in the weight, and assuming it's a good setup it should be in the 11s. Like you said, can't win them all.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thats true, rsx will definitly kill me no doubt, i need nitrous bad lol. Well either way we will race down the road again. Im gonna install my LT's, ORY, Nitrous 150 wet and re-tune. So will go up against each other down the road after this weekend and see what happens. I actually dont mind loosing to these guys they are hella cool and good friends.

Silver
    2002 LS1

Thats true, rsx will definitly kill me no doubt, i need nitrous bad lol. Well either way we will race down the road again. Im gonna install my LT's, ORY, Nitrous 150 wet and re-tune. So will go up against each other down the road after this weekend and see what happens. I actually dont mind loosing to these guys they are hella cool and good friends.
    but wouldn't you feel alot better beating them?
    SLP Lid---Flowmaster 40's---Blackouts in the back---Definately More to come!

Quote Originally Posted by jlindelow View Post
    but wouldn't you feel alot better beating them?
    The cool part about having friends with cars like these is that you can do before and after races with new mods to see how much of a difference they made.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Always^^^ lol. Well funny thing was we went out a couple of times with my Z28 and he wouldnt really wanna race maybe because we had people in the car or what not who knows. He was pushing 260 FWHP and with that amount he was actually keeping up with my 01 M3 Vert 3781 LBS and 310 rwhp. So with 420 fwhp atleast against a 336 rwhp car it should be fairly easy but will go for another drive down the road when im done putting on my parts, hehe.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Another good point that you made Superluminal, on my 01 M3 before putting on headers, deleted cats and tune the eclipse, same one was pushing about 270 FWHP and was pulling on me by 6 cars till i was at 130mph. After putting on the parts on my M3 i was dead even at 7000-8100 rpms. He would still pull on me if i was below those rpms but dead even once i got to 7k. So its really interesting to go up against the same cars before and after mods, it lets you know that all those numbers that people claim that they get from just doing headers, tune or what not is really true in some cases.

Silver
    2002 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    The cool part about having friends with cars like these is that you can do before and after races with new mods to see how much of a difference they made.
    yeah i was thinking the same thing. and then just keep modding until you come up and just surprise the hell out of them and get your f-body a kill

Quote Originally Posted by jlindelow View Post
    yeah i was thinking the same thing. and then just keep modding until you come up and just surprise the hell out of them and get your f-body a kill
    ....assuming they don't change anything as well. I've had that happen before too. "Oh yeah, I'm going to win this time.... hahahaha.... ughh.... wtf.... "

Silver
    2002 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    ....assuming they don't change anything as well. I've had that happen before too. "Oh yeah, I'm going to win this time.... hahahaha.... ughh.... wtf.... "
    haha thats gotta be the biggest letdown is when you spend all that money modding up your car, and they do when thing on top of everything they have, and beat you yet again but dont give up, you'll get em

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Just got his dyno number for the RSX type S he is pushing 465 FWHP and 340 TQ, 100 octane with a bad intercooler meaning too small for his set up. With a bigger intercooler he should be about 480 FWHP easily. Either way im shocked at those numbers those are excellent numbers and i give him major credit. On 91 octane he was at 435 FWHP and 302 TQ. So if he gets to 480 FWHP i dont stand a chance even with a 150 shot of nitrous lol. I think him being at 465 right now and weighing alot less then me is still way too much for my car to tackle and not even worth modding up and running any higher then 150 shot to just lose in the end either way.

I would need atleast 200 shot and thats a bit too much for a car im making payments on, if this was my other Z i use to have i wouldnt care soo much. If i can get to about 460-470 RWHP and 525 RWTQ with a 150 wet shot nitrous ill be fairly happy with that. I think the headers will get me to 355 RWHP and adding 150 shot from there should be close to my goal. Last time before going on the dyno i guess i was going to push about 305 RWHP and ended up 336 so im always a bit short on my guess game, lol.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 05-01-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Just got his dyno number for the RSX type S he is pushing 465 FWHP and 340 TQ, 100 octane with a bad intercooler meaning too small for his set up. With a bigger intercooler he should be about 480 FWHP easily. Either way im shocked at those numbers those are excellent numbers and i give him major credit. On 91 octane he was at 435 FWHP and 302 TQ. So if he gets to 480 FWHP i dont stand a chance even with a 150 shot of nitrous lol. I think him being at 465 right now and weighing alot less then me is still way too much for my car to tackle and not even worth modding up and running any higher then 150 shot to just lose in the end either way.

I would need atleast 200 shot and thats a bit too much for a car im making payments on, if this was my other Z i use to have i wouldnt care soo much. If i can get to about 460-470 RWHP and 525 RWTQ with a 150 wet shot nitrous ill be fairly happy with that. I think the headers will get me to 355 RWHP and adding 150 shot from there should be close to my goal. Last time before going on the dyno i guess i was going to push about 305 RWHP and ended up 336 so im always a bit short on my guess game, lol.
    Yeah, you're going to get smoked. Try it anyway, no shame in losing.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ok, the race went down with the RSX only the eclipse was having issues bad plugs. We raced 3 times starting in 3rd gear, i pulled one car at the end of 3rd and then as soon as i shifted i got pulled and he continued pulling at 115mph he was 1 1/2-2 cars in front. All races same outcome and he was as he was telling me 91 octane tune 435 FWHP. I also ended up racing a 03 Corvette Vert he had exhuast and he pulled on my a** for a few seconds so i told him try to keep up, i was pissed. I raced him to the top of my 4th hitting the reve limited shifting from 3rd to 4th bad but either way i had 2-2 1/2 cars in the end. Either way it was alot of fun and the RSX suffered big time from wheel spin so im sure it wouldve been much closer in 3rd for him if he had a little better traction.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I was just looking at my camera and had no idea the eclipse was recording the race, ill post the vid just as soon as i put it on photobucket if not on youtube. Ill edit it a bit and put some fly bys of my car and his with the end being the race or something dont know.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Hurry on the vidz i'm bored as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Look at her Moms ass.....it is more accurate than a crystal ball.....is this where I wanna be in 25 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Oh I forgot. You kids invented sex/drugs and rock n roll. We just wandered around holding our dicks waiting for you punk ass blowhards to come along and tell us what to do.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ok here is the vid, to be more specific again. Race started in my 3rd gear. The tire chirp you hear in the begining of the race is my car lost traction a bit. I only ran him to about 112 MPH basically almost top of my 4th gear mainly because thats fast enough, i stopped racing around the 10-11 second mark of the vid. At about 112mph in 4th gear he had about 2 cars on me. As soon as i began to shift into 4th i was owned he hit his peak as i was shifting and just went from there. Its a blazin fast car much respect, i didnt stand a chance against him. He wasnt running 100 octane he said he was on his normal tune which is 435 FWHP. The Eclipse in the vid is about 330 WHP and wasnt racing just trying to keep up somewhat due to bad plugs. Either way i post them wether i lose or win no shame in my game, lol. Ohh yes this is computer generated and recorded in germany somewhere in a city that i dont know how to spell.

Last edited by karpetcm; 05-04-2009 at 08:36 AM.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

I actually expected the RSX to run a little better than that. I believe with a 100 shot you would kill him everytime.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

no shame in that loss

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    I actually expected the RSX to run a little better than that. I believe with a 100 shot you would kill him everytime.
    +1000000000, that car with that much power should be trapping atleast 120mph. Good run

This is how a 400whp K20 should pull. This is my friends car:

Looks like the one you raced has some tuning to do still. On the bright side, it's pretty funny when he's working a full turbo kit and then some, and you're bone stock. Nice job.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 05-04-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Information