Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 01 Z28 Vs G37

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 Vs G37

Well ive been wanting to race this guy for a little while now and after the rains he has finally agreed to do so. He was in a hurry to install his exhuast and intake to get a few hp. He says he beat his other friends M5 and that was with the full 500hp, M button on. I call MAJOR BS on that one and there is no way he will be able to beat it and he says it was an 07 m5, even so he wouldnt even be able to beat the E39 M5 either. I dont like people who bs like this and im going to video this race just in case he gets any ideas about saying he walked on a Z28 easy or something like that.

With his mods taking a guess he is at 330hp stock maybe about 280rwhp and with his 2 mods probably about 10 extra hp if that. I have an 01 Z28 stock 310 hp about 280rwhp(underated from factory) with my mods i should be about 300-305rwhp. I weigh about 3450 and i think his weighs about 3650. His is an Auto and mine is a M6 car, ive sat in an Auto G37 and it shifts quick and smooth so will see what happpens hopefully i can pull off a win. Either way ill post the vid if i have another person come along to video it.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

Good luck

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

You've got this just don't bust the tires loose. If you take him out of the dig you'll have him the whole race. However Once those G37's get into the higher RPMs thats were they really shine and thats where you have to watch out.

Best of luck to you. Now go kick his new car ass lol in your 8 year old car lol.
    Last edited by Justin93; 02-07-2009 at 05:53 AM.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

I hate to sound stupid(too late !) We talking G37 infinity?

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by anniversary30 View Post
    I hate to sound stupid(too late !) We talking G37 infinity?

Yes.

My wife has a G35 M6. It's quick, but won't hang with an LS1 mid-range. I got to drive a new model A4 the other day, they are hell from a dig, and have a great traction control system for launching. Race him from a roll and you shouldn't have a problem, cars have good HP but lack in torque.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

when you gonna race him?

Owning a 9 sec ricer is like coming out of the closest: at first you'll surprise everyone, but in the end you're still gay

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ill race him when it stops raining, probably sometime in the middle of the week. I wont be racing him from a dig at all, just installed my gears and wont be going hard on it 1st or 2nd gear but will let loose 3rd to 4th gear. So were gonna race from about 50 mph to about 130mph.

white
    2000 Z28

no chance for him against the beemers or your car. you are closer to 330rwp than he is to 330 flywheelhp. with your m6 and being the 01 and all. it would be closer if you had an a4 with no tranny upgrades. weight is in your favor and torque will be what wins the race for you due to the fact that he more than likely has nowhere near as solid of a torque curve that an lsx has, being a 6 cylinder and all.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

put money on it so you can atleast get a free dinner out the deal....

From a roll you'll wax it.

Black
    99 Formula

You should win either from stop or roll, you'll just spank him more from a roll. Should walk all over him on top end.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good luck, try to get a vid

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

i actually just talked to him and he said he will meet up with me on tuesday. He's been avoiding me for the past few weeks, trying to put stuff on his car and making excuses about racing me. So will see what he says tuesday, im gonna play it cool like i just wanna check his new ride out and then tell him lets roll and see how fast his car is since he said he kept up with an M5 he should have no issues smoking my ass.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

the race went down tonight, we raced from 3rd gear till the top of my 4th which i dont know exactly what mph it ended only taking a guess with 4.10's and 6speed car about 118-120mph started from about 55mph. The race was bad for the G37 from the get go, i had 2 1/2 cars in 3 gear and at the end i had 5 1/2 to 6 cars and was pulling hard. I was absolutly shocked as to how quick i was pulling cars, we repeated the same race 6 times and the same result give or take a car towards the end. His car would shift super fast and smooth i was very gentle going into 4th gear. I tried to video it but it was a disaster hitting the rev limiter and trying to shift with my right hand and video the race.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 02-10-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

nice runs

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ thanks, he kept saying his car is superfast above 80mph and wouldve eventually pulled on me, i told him we easily raced to about 118mph and i dont see how you would pull on me when i was pulling more and more cars on you. The only time he would gain is when i let off at the top of my 4th gear, no need to go anymore then that i was actually going to let off 3rd gear and wouldve been happy with 2 car length pull in one gear but he wanted to go higher in speeds so i gave him his race.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 02-10-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Very nice. Too bad you couldn't get a vid because you coulda showed it to him and been like, "oh look 1 car, 2 car, 3 car.....oh 6 cars. Yea, you were totally gonna pull me "

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

thats great, glad you put lengths on him like that.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

who knows what he will go and say, lol next thing you know he will tell me next week he smoked a lambo.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ok this vid is when we raced and came to a stop and talking about how things went, i was off on my MPH in the vid we started off around 55-55mph in 3rd gear and went to the top of my 4th so that should be about 118mph not 110mph. Either way he is saying how he kept up with an M5 and how ill smoke one since i rolled on him bad and i start laughing because no matter how bad he got beat there is NO WAY i will be able to beat nor even come close to keeping up with the new M5, lol. So i just started laughing, in the end he starts to say no no i was going to start pulling on you at the top, in my head im thinking ya i let off the gas why wouldnt you pull on me and if you cant pull on me till 118 then im not gonna bother racing rediculous speeds for more car lengths, but ohh well win is a win. After the talk we did on the highway pulls, we did 2 rolls at low speeds, i was in 2nd gear and him in 1st gear and he actually kept up really well i couldnt do 1st due to shorter gearing with my 4.10's and he kept up till about 5500rpms and then i pulled very slightly around 5500rpms, once i went into 3rd it was over, he was hella nervous about me posting any races on youtube i told him no worries i couldnt record any races anyway to hard to video and race but he was ok with me posting his fly by's, lol. Ill post up some drive by vid i did of mine and his car as well.

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture003.flv

Drive by Z28
    http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture009.flv

Drive by G37
    http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture001.flv
    Last edited by karpetcm; 02-11-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Thread Information