White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 M6 vs 09 M3 Vert DCT

Well i got a race set up with my friends nieghbor, he's a cool guy and wants to do a run after i install my headers and tune. To get specifics the M3 vert weighs about 3900 lbs and has 414 Hp and i think about 289 Tq and is completly stock from what ive heard. In my research on these cars they pull about 350 RWHP on a dynojet and about 330 on a mustang dyno. My car weighs about 3450 and after the headers install i should be about 350-360 RWHP puts me about 415-420 Hp.

The main problem i can see having with his car is gearing, although ive sat in it and it doesnt pull very hard low end i think once we get up to 4th gear and higher it will be very difficult for me to pull on him because it pulls really well at higher speeds since weight is not a bigger issue. I should be getting my headers by friday and looking to install it the weekend after, if i can come up with atleast 250-300 additional for the install. So he has agreed to going with the race and its just up to me to get these headers on and go meet up. I dont think ill pull on him at all i have much respect for M cars since ive owned one in the past and they pull really well on the highway. Race wont be from a dig since i dont want to risk messing up my gears and not gonna have much traction either way.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 05-14-2009 at 08:50 AM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

black
    1993 mustang

i think u will get him because even at highway speeds torque gets u there. hrspwr is about the same. just shift like u stole it because u have 4.10 and a six speed. and also weight does matter even at highway speeds!! be very careful!! get it on film!!

The new vert M3s average around high 12s in the quarter with a trap around 110mph. If you can best that, you'll win.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

as i sit right now, i dont think i can trap that at all. I would have to have my headers put on and make sure im atleast around 355-360 rwhp to be able to pull that off. A trap of 110mph is fairly quick i might be able to pull off a 107-108 right now, im hoping the headers will give me 2-3 mph gain in a quartermile and even better in the long run.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    as i sit right now, i dont think i can trap that at all. I would have to have my headers put on and make sure im atleast around 355-360 rwhp to be able to pull that off. A trap of 110mph is fairly quick i might be able to pull off a 107-108 right now, im hoping the headers will give me 2-3 mph gain in a quartermile and even better in the long run.
    hmm you got almost 500 pounds on him, same hp but ALOT more torque, and you got 4.10s, your gonna beat him no problem as long as you can drive lol
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ahh i forgot about that little part, lol. Well im not the best driver mainly because i dont like to shift fast banging gears but in this case i would have to flush my driving ways down the toilet and just drive it like i stole it, lol.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

ahh i forgot about that little part, lol. Well im not the best driver mainly because i dont like to shift fast banging gears but in this case i would have to flush my driving ways down the toilet and just drive it like i stole it, lol.
    haha yea.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ive been watchin a couple of vids and i think im f*cked, lol. Even Camaro's and T/A's with full bolt ons and Cam cant pull on one and hardly if that. So im gonna need alot more then 355-360 RWHP to keep up with one. The vert might be a bit easier but the hard top forget it. Ohh well, i just got my computer back from frost and still waiting on the headers from jegs, should get shipped out by tuesday.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

White
    2001 Z28 M6

109~110mph trap should be obtainable with a lid and catback man.

Headers would do the trick for sure though.. Good luck!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You're getting more action then Peter North

So did this race happen?

The poster of thread seems to have some of the most interesting races against newer cars. It's kinda neat putting things into perspective.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Jegs told me its still on back order from the 16th to the 29th of this month either way i still went to my friends house to see if his next door neighbor is there with his M3 and he wasnt. LOL, i heard the bank is gonna take it from him he cant make the payments. Whats even more funny is, if you see this guys house its absolutly sick and he has another one in bakersfield. Guess he spends too much money were it DOESNT count. Im down to do it either way with or without the LT's and ill tell my friend when he sees him to set up a date and time.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

These cars make some awesome torque with lt's so don't be surprised if you pull on him, but it should be a good race. Bang those gears, it's much more fun!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thats my issue, i dont know if i should wait to get my LT's to race him or just go at it now. Either way im ok with it, id stll rather put on my LT's to do this because i dont want him to be cocky after pulling on me going around talking afterwards about how american cars are crappy him forgeting the fact that my car came with 310hp and his 414hp on top of that costing way more then my car. Although you do get alot of car though, either way its a nice car.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Thats my issue, i dont know if i should wait to get my LT's to race him or just go at it now. Either way im ok with it, id stll rather put on my LT's to do this because i dont want him to be cocky after pulling on me going around talking afterwards about how american cars are crappy him forgeting the fact that my car came with 310hp and his 414hp on top of that costing way more then my car. Although you do get alot of car though, either way its a nice car.
    Oh, no doubt it's a beautiful car but it still sucks to lose Where's 99Kobra's input when we need it..........

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    hmm you got almost 500 pounds on him, same hp but ALOT more torque, and you got 4.10s, your gonna beat him no problem as long as you can drive lol
    +1.

A full bolt-on car with gears would be a great race vs. the coupe. The fact he's a 'Vert (hardtop, much heavier) means you SHOULD win.

Thread Information