Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

01 ta vs 08 gt

This is a discussion on 01 ta vs 08 gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by N20LT4 Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons the Mustang platform has ...

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons the Mustang platform has been a top choice in drag racing is partly due to good weight transfer? IDK, i've driving a few GT's and it feels a lot more balanced off the line than our F-bodies do. Maybe it's just me?
    That may be but I'd say it's more about the power to weight. I have a buddy w/ a stripped out 5.0 that runs low 11's on the motor but only weighs like 2400lbs w/ him in it.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    That may be but I'd say it's more about the power to weight. I have a buddy w/ a stripped out 5.0 that runs low 11's on the motor but only weighs like 2400lbs w/ him in it.
    Yeah those fox-bodies are pretty light. My '90 25th. GT weighed in at a little over 3200lbs. without me in it, and that was with no weight reduction whatsoever.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Man, I drove a 2004 Mustang and was seriously surprised at how differently they handle. Maybe the new Maro will be just as impressive over the current Camaros. I know I want one. When the Stang is paid off, well, you know, time to get into more debt with the New Maro.
    I will definitely be purchasing a 5th gen. I want mines special ordered if possible, with virtually no options, just a manual tranny and the basics. After owning 7 LTx's and 1 LS1 car it will be nice to try something different. I think i'll always be addicted to the 4th gens though.

NBM
    98 trans am

Did the 07 GT have the 3:42 gearing? Or the 3.55's like the 05's and 6's? The 07's on up are a bit heavier than the 05/06's because of suspension changes and they come with 3:42's I believe, unless you request the 3:55's. Are you a hell of a driver? Could be. Were they a crappy driver? I dunno. Not trying to insult your TA because i love em, but I guarantee you that you wouldn't have beat me or any of my friends by 3 cars, stock for stock and with a passenger?. No. But I see the race was from 25 to 90. I think you would've possible beaten me stock for stock, because I couldn't bring, into play, the nice Launches these cars have, plus the stock tune for these things are complelety gay, lol. If it was a 3:42 07 auto, then your story was true I bet.
    i said im an a4... anyways, must have been the case, bum gearing and tune and weight i guess.... man so many excuses...

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    i said im an a4... anyways, must have been the case, bum gearing and tune and weight i guess.... man so many excuses...
    Me personally? I don't have to make any excuses. I have kills under my belt, esp you a4's. I love surprising people though. You should hear how many excuses I hear when I beat one of the LSx's. Weather, barometer, humidity, bad gas, driver, digging in nose, etc... Then they start talking about someone who ran some time in another state back in 199... Blah, blah, blah. It's everywhere. When it comes time to line em up, I don't care what the magazines or forums say cuz it's not going to help me any.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-27-2008 at 12:37 AM.

silver
    2002 ws6

i'm surprised the cubes card was played too..

NBM
    98 trans am

Me personally? I don't have to make any excuses. I have kills under my belt, esp you a4's. I love surprising people though. You should hear how many excuses I hear when I beat one of the LSx's. Weather, barometer, humidity, bad gas, driver, digging in nose, etc... Then they start talking about someone who ran some time in another state back in 199... Blah, blah, blah. It's everywhere. When it comes time to line em up, I don't care what the magazines or forums say cuz it's not going to help me any.
    what it all comes down to is just run what ya brought

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by chris26blaster View Post
    in the defense of both of us the rain had just stopped and track officials ran the driers. traction was not the best at all and the humidity was very high.

time slips the 08 mustang is on the left and 01 ta on the right
    remember mustang won 4 ta won 1.

second race ( most looked like this )

R/T .162 .785
    60 2.223 2.187
    330 6.103 6.040
    1/8 9.262 9.110
    MPH 78.31 81.48
    1000 11.972 11.730
    1/4 14.307 13.957
    MPH 95.71 101.25

left 1st .2733

last race

R/T .135 .339
    60 2.238 2.249
    330 6.144 6.022
    1/8 9.322 9.044
    MPH 77.88 82.35
    1000 12.040 11.640
    1/4 14.373 13.850
    MPH 95.88 101.98

right 1st .3192
    These times are consistent with what I have personally seen from the new stang GT auto's, I took one out with the bottle and a 13.8 in my old v6 car. It ran a 14.4. My new Trans Am ran a 13.2 the first time I took it out - 'grats on beating a car that should have tromped you.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Unless you got mods you won't be taking many of us.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

what it all comes down to is just run what ya brought
    ^^^^I agree man.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    Unless you got mods you won't be taking many of us.
    Well, by now, most guys do have mods, but it just depends on what you've done. Once the modding starts, It's like tigersport14 says, race what you brought. Everyone gets beat. I know I do.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i'm surprised the cubes card was played too..

I was assuming you knew about the cubes principle. Us Muscle guys always say it when we bench race the 4 and 6 banger boyz. There's no replacement for displacement. Very true. Try going mod for mod with an LS7. Or since you hate Fords, a 428 Cobra jet, or maybe a 440, 454,455,etc.....Or if that doesn't teach you, a 572. You'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-27-2008 at 11:44 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    These times are consistent with what I have personally seen from the new stang GT auto's, I took one out with the bottle and a 13.8 in my old v6 car. It ran a 14.4. My new Trans Am ran a 13.2 the first time I took it out - 'grats on beating a car that should have tromped you.
    I'm sorry, but those people are horrible drivers. We get anywhere from 14.5 to 15'2ish out here@ 5800ft stock. Anyone running high 13's low 14's at sea level is a puzzle to me. Thanks on the congrats, but the gap is not as big as you might think. Put a good driver in both cars, The LS1 will run the low 13's mostly and an occasional 12, but I wouldn't count on the 197 running 14's. You may get suprised. From what I've seen, at most LSx's are good for about 2 tenths with equal drivers in the 1/4. That's about a car length, maybe a lil more, but no way are we in a different league. I think what separates you guys from anyone else is what happens when you mod N/A. No other engine out there responds like that.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-27-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Anyways, it's been cool talking to most of ya. I learned Not all LSx guys think they never lose. For those of you that don't like the kills, I mentioned. I would love add you to my list.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

For those of you that don't like the kills, I mentioned. I would love add you to my list.
    Try and add me to your list.

10's N/A

Anyways, it's been cool talking to most of ya. I learned Not all LSx guys think they never lose. For those of you that don't like the kills, I mentioned. I would love add you to my list.
    I give in...you can add me to your list...

But first I must tell you, I am only a LT1, and i've only been able to muster low 11's (sarcasm)
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

yeah that about summed it up for me that your trying to blow smoke up our asses, and also proves my point from the begining of this, that 9 out of 10 mustang owners think they have the fastest cars on the road. congratulations to you and your legendary mustang (that you see on every street in united states) for having the fastest high performance car ever built in the history of mankind. it must make you feel very special that you have a mass produced car that everyone and their brother owns but you and only you have the fastest mustang out of all of them with the best times. you have truly worked long and hard on earning an award of......

congratulations on your reward from all of us at ls1.com
    Last edited by 2-bowties&abird; 06-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    yeah that about summed it up for me that your trying to blow smoke up our asses, and also proves my point from the begining of this, that 9 out of 10 mustang owners think they have the fastest cars on the road. congratulations to you and your legendary mustang (that you see on every street in united states) for having the fastest high performance car ever built in the history of mankind. it must make you feel very special that you have a mass produced car that everyone and their brother owns but you and only you have the fastest mustang out of all of them with the best times. you have truly worked long and hard on earning an award of......

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Try and add me to your list.
    Not happening, not with that T76 turbo you got there, but as most of you would put it, it's still basically stock. I do, however, have some friends that I could send your way and run ya.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-28-2008 at 03:27 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    think they have the fastest cars on the road.

Sarcasm? That's my specialty, but I wanted to let you know what stood out in your lil comment there. "think they have the fastest cars on the road? No. Being skeptical, maybe the Termie guys. They are much like you sir. They have very respectable cars, but when one gets beat, their panties get bunched up a bit. Just reach back there, pinch, and pull them out your a$$. Relax dude. There are plenty of Stangs that get killed, mine included. I just put the flip side up here. But I kinda laughed when I saw this because if you read your posts on any LS1 forum unbiased, it is pure fact that you guys think you have the fastest cars on the road. You made a strong point on the pot/kettle theory there. Not all LS1 guys are this way though, but for those of you that are, this post is 4 you. Anyways, I contributed to this thread to post my side of the story because we have kill stories too in our lil stangs if you can believe that. We don't put down 350rwhp out of the factory and run 12's bone stock all day long, but we have fun too. It was a pleasure offending you, and those that can't take a defeat. Just forget this ever happened and let your supporters console ya. Still got me 2 LS2's though. No boost or juice necessary.

There's so many of em out there cuz there just so sexy!

[Peace!
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-28-2008 at 03:25 AM.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information