Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

01 ta vs 08 gt

This is a discussion on 01 ta vs 08 gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by N20LT4 I remember back in '02 when I had my '94 Z28 M6 (stock), I killed my ...

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I remember back in '02 when I had my '94 Z28 M6 (stock), I killed my buddies Mustang Bullitt (stock) very bad on the highway; I mean it was an absolute annihilation. Funny thing is that same car ran neck and neck with me on the street every time.
    Yeah I would think that would have to do with aerodynamics. Probably at speeds over 100mph would make it more noticable I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    I appreciate your humility, because it's rare with Chevy guys and maybe they have cause. That's the trick I believe. Since you guys pull so hard in third, I think whoever nails the first 60ft will get those low 13's high 12s. Nevertheless, I believe we are about 2 tenths slower than you stock with equal drivers from what I've seen, not .8 to a second.
    Not a problem,,,actually I'm not humiliated at all,,,I respect anything that runs 13's,,,,thats still not shabby when you think about it. I don't have a problem with it.

I'm not into the chest beating stuff anyway like some people,,,my cars are what they are,,,don't really care if I get beat,,,it's all about fun to me...

Besides,,,,we can all bench race here all night, and thats fine,,,,,,,but comparing ET's from opposite ends of the country just isn't apples to apples...too many track variables, and DA reading differences...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Yeah I would think that would have to do with aerodynamics. Probably at speeds over 100mph would make it more noticable I would think.
    I agree with that. I'm on my 8th Fourth gen now, and over the years i've raced many 2v GT's on the highway, and never had even the slightest problems with 'em. I don't know if it's just the advantage of having larger cubes or if it's aerodynamics like you said, but it seems like they get real fuzzy up top.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Not a problem,,,actually I'm not humiliated at all,,,I respect anything that runs 13's,,,,thats still not shabby when you think about it. I don't have a problem with it.

I'm not into the chest beating stuff anyway like some people,,,my cars are what they are,,,don't really care if I get beat,,,it's all about fun to me...

Besides,,,,we can all bench race here all night, and thats fine,,,,,,,but comparing ET's from opposite ends of the country just isn't apples to apples...too many track variables, and DA reading differences...
    LoL, I know. Bench racing is poplular, but I like the feel of doing in live action.
    Yeah, it's weird doing it from different altitudes, but many of us have gone down to sea level and run and they drop a second give or take some tenths at sea level. If you chest beat, it's just a matter of time till you get spanked. Especially at my track. I've seen Scions/Civics and all kinds of cars spank the new Z06's so Chest beating and thinking your king of all is not to smart around here.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Damn man, you beat me to it. The Chevys are built closer to a bullet while, Stangs, especially us, are shaped like refrigeraters, lol, when it comes to talking about drag. Plus, you guys have more power so the higher gears are going to your advantage. The 1/4 mile isn't enough for a 4 car lead. 1/2 mile race? LSx by 4 to 10 cars I'm guessing.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I see your a very smart man lol!
    LoL, i'm not stupid. I'm not going to pull up next to an LS1 that I can hear a cam lope and think I'm going to spank him like many of these guys that get these new cars think.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I agree with that. I'm on my 8th Fourth gen now, and over the years i've raced many 2v GT's on the highway, and never had even the slightest problems with 'em. I don't know if it's just the advantage of having larger cubes or if it's aerodynamics like you said, but it seems like they get real fuzzy up top.
    I guess if it had to do w/ cubes you should have taken that Bullit at the track then right? I dunno? But all you have to do is look at the front, esp the 05 and up GT's and they're really flat so I'm sure that causes all kinds of drag at higher speeds.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Yes the vid shows you beating a GTO and a CTSV but there are so many variables that it's not even funny. I didn't say you all were slow but low 13's for a stock GT is really unlikely. I personally have never witnessed it. But from what I saw w/ the CTSV video it looked like he was running you down and had the race continued beyond the 1/4 he would have caught up and passed you. I also saw the video pointed straight down the track and didn't even see what you were lined up against.
    I didn't get a chance to answer this one, but okay. Lets say, for sake of argument the GTO was about 1.5 cars behind me. Now According to what most say on here, shouldn't he have reeled me in, even with my mods??? It just doens't make sense. I used to believe what I heard until I got into it with a few LSx's. Then I knew things weren't as told here and elsewhere. If I raced the Goat and The CTS-V again ten more times, I would spank him every time. Sorry man, but the variables aren't going to cut it. With a good driver? one would get within a tenth or so(i'm being open minded here).

10's N/A

I guess if it had to do w/ cubes you should have taken that Bullit at the track then right? I dunno? But all you have to do is look at the front, esp the 05 and up GT's and they're really flat so I'm sure that causes all kinds of drag at higher speeds.
    I get what your saying, but doesn't that go back to what was said earlier about the Mustang's great transfer? It's the solid truth that a stock LT1 M6 will infact dyno higher than a stock '99-'04 GT - atleast in most cases, but yet those cars could run 14-flats right along w/ most of the LT1 cars. So on the street I would have to say transfer has something to do with it.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I didn't get a chance to answer this one, but okay. Lets say, for sake of argument the GTO was about 1.5 cars behind me. Now According to what most say on here, shouldn't he have reeled me in, even with my mods??? It just doens't make sense. I used to believe what I heard until I got into it with a few LSx's. Then I knew things weren't as told here and elsewhere. If I raced the Goat and The CTS-V again ten more times, I would spank him every time. Sorry man, but the variables aren't going to cut it. With a good driver? one would get within a tenth or so(i'm being open minded here).
    I'm not going to make any excuses for their lack of driving ability. If a car has 100 more hp, even being a few hundred lbs heavier, it should still win. Being that you're modded, you probably made the gap closer or even edged ahead, and I think that's what the videos showed.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I'm not going to make any excuses for their lack of driving ability. If a car has 100 more hp, even being a few hundred lbs heavier, it should still win. Being that you're modded, you probably made the gap closer or even edged ahead, and I think that's what the videos showed.

What I've heard is that the Goats and CTS-V's have bad wheel hop from the IRS when stock. That's a few tenths right there. When I was stock, my best was 14.6. They run 14.3's and 4's usually stock there with good drivers. Of course, I've seen Termies, Goats, and Mach 1's running a load of low 15's at that track too, but I know better than to think that's normal. My friends pullied Termie gets low 13's here.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-26-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I get what your saying, but doesn't that go back to what was said earlier about the Mustang's great transfer? It's the solid truth that a stock LT1 M6 will infact dyno higher than a stock '99-'04 GT - atleast in most cases, but yet those cars could run 14-flats right along w/ most of the LT1 cars. So on the street I would have to say transfer has something to do with it.
    I'm really not sure if that's true. I know a guy on here that has a bone stock suspension SS w/ exception of slicks and skinnies and he runs 11.7's so I don't think weight transfer is our problem.....it's just hooking up w/ a decent set of tires.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

as far as the 4.6 being a little quicker than a 5.7 out of the hole probably has to do with the 4.6 being a smaller motor and it will turn up a little quicker than a 5.7, kind of like a big block vs. a small block.
    Last edited by 2-bowties&abird; 06-26-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

LoL, I know. Bench racing is poplular, but I like the feel of doing in live action.
    Yeah, it's weird doing it from different altitudes, but many of us have gone down to sea level and run and they drop a second give or take some tenths at sea level. If you chest beat, it's just a matter of time till you get spanked. Especially at my track. I've seen Scions/Civics and all kinds of cars spank the new Z06's so Chest beating and thinking your king of all is not to smart around here.
    I don't doubt they have some fast cars at your track, but thats ridiculous for a Civic to beat a Z06. I think the S197s are quick, but there no 4th gen...I'm common, its been almost 7 years since they quick making them and Fords JUST now catching up?? Kinda sad...

Honestly though, no matter what you say, driver is almost always the losing factor. For instance, believe it or not, I pulled up next to a new C6 the other day (bone stock car, m6) and I was in a 04 Sierra with a LQ9, lts, catback, intake and a couple other small things, and I actually got the jump on him and up to 100mph he stayed a little less than a half a car length behind me. Reason? Driver couldn't really drive a 6 speed. Not gonna lie, it was very obvious he wasn't a good driver. But I still beat him in a truck...A high 13 second truck, but a truck none the less. He was infact very impressed.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I don't doubt they have some fast cars at your track, but thats ridiculous for a Civic to beat a Z06.
    LoL, I know, but at my track, they have civics like this. Unless you were thinking I meant stock Civics. Of course they don't do anything.

I think the S197s are quick, but there no 4th gen...I'm common, its been almost 7 years since they quick making them and Fords JUST now catching up?? Kinda sad...
    Ford could easily catch up. With what they've done in the 4.6's, putting a 351 in the GT's would fix alot. Heck, even if they went back to the 5.0's, It would change things, but why??? GT's sell like hotcakes. Not much of a reason for Ford to change busineswise.

Honestly though, no matter what you say, driver is almost always the losing factor. For instance, believe it or not, I pulled up next to a new C6 the other day (bone stock car, m6) and I was in a 04 Sierra with a LQ9, lts, catback, intake and a couple other small things, and I actually got the jump on him and up to 100mph he stayed a little less than a half a car length behind me. Reason? Driver couldn't really drive a 6 speed. Not gonna lie, it was very obvious he wasn't a good driver. But I still beat him in a truck...A high 13 second truck, but a truck none the less. He was infact very impressed.
    Well I've owned the car two years and I've never run into the guy that can beat me by 4 cars in the 1/4 with a stock or lightly modded LS1 or 2. Ls7 is different. Not that's that Lsx that can do it stock.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-26-2008 at 09:14 PM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Check this link out. It'll give you an Idea what that Elevation is like.

The guy put his mods down so you guys will know about how fast it would be at sea level. He's gotten faster since I believe.

Watch this vid, it has alot of runs

Watch this vid too esp @ 4 mins The track is brutal
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-26-2008 at 09:04 PM.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    as far as the 4.6 being a little quicker than a 5.7 out of the hole probably has to do with the 4.6 being a smaller motor and it will turn up a little quicker than a 5.7, kind of like a big block vs. a small block.
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons the Mustang platform has been a top choice in drag racing is partly due to good weight transfer? IDK, i've driving a few GT's and it feels a lot more balanced off the line than our F-bodies do. Maybe it's just me?

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons the Mustang platform has been a top choice in drag racing is partly due to good weight transfer? IDK, i've driving a few GT's and it feels a lot more balanced off the line than our F-bodies do. Maybe it's just me?

All I know is the new ones, chassis is about 3 times stronger than previous years. They drive totally different than other years. Ford did well in that area.

10's N/A

All I know is the new ones, chassis is about 3 times stronger than previous years. They drive totally different than other years. Ford did well in that area.
    Haven't got a chance to test drive a new one yet, nor ride in one. I can imagine they have completely different characteristics than the previous model.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Haven't got a chance to test drive a new one yet, nor ride in one. I can imagine they have completely different characteristics than the previous model.
    Man, I drove a 2004 Mustang and was seriously surprised at how differently they handle. Maybe the new Maro will be just as impressive over the current Camaros. I know I want one. When the Stang is paid off, well, you know, time to get into more debt with the New Maro.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information