Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

01 ta vs 08 gt

This is a discussion on 01 ta vs 08 gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Camarofan Colorado/Cali, both cars suffer from altitude and both cars thrive at Sea level. BTW, my friends ...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Colorado/Cali, both cars suffer from altitude and both cars thrive at Sea level. BTW, my friends SS is a 400+rwhp car, so I know what they can do when you mod them. From what you guys are saying, my car is about 8 to 9 tenths slower than you. That means with Intake and tune 4.10's, tires, and cats, I should be about the same as a stock LS1. I would seriously spank a stock one.
    It would take an LS1 with most of the bolt ons to really pull on me hard, but with what some of you have? No. My friend Tommy's brother ran 13.6 @ sea level with his auto. Get an M5 down there and they should run 13.3's or 13.2's. I'm talking about someone who can handle their car BTW. I believe LS1's can achieve 12's every once in awhile, but usually 13.1-3's or so???? I don't think 12's are the norm. LS2's, they are more common, I think????
    Now you have me laughing so hard tears are coming out my eyes. I hope your not referring to a bone-stock S197 going 13.3-13.2. If so, that's just about as uncommon as Evan Smith going 12.80's in that '98 SS he ran. Mostly likely, not gonna happen. I've seen dozens...and dozens of those cars run, and I have yet to see one run that quick. They just don't have the power to run those kind of times on a normal basis.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    No I thought you were talking about LS2 vettes not goats or CTSV's. From my understanding those are pretty heavy cars so they're not going to be as quick obviously.
    Oh, hell no, a Vette would Spank the shit out of me.

10's N/A

Oh, hell no, a Vette would Spank the shit out of me.
    Well if your car is capable of running 13.20's @ sea level then you should be pretty much neck and neck w/ the average C5 Corvette

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Now you have me laughing so hard tears are coming out my eyes. I hope your not referring to a bone-stock S197 going 13.3-13.2. If so, that's just about as uncommon as Evan Smith going 12.80's in that's '98 SS he ran. Mostly likely, not gonna happen. I've seen dozens...and dozens of those cars run, and I have yet to see one run that quick. They just don't have the power to run those kind of times on a normal basis.
    Really? Auto's can't get those numbers. Yeah, I check out the timeslip threads on the Stang forums like you have here. There's guys that have done it, mainly with the 06's cuz they have lighther wheels and better rubber. 07's on up are not in the discussion. Yes, it's pretty uncommon. 13.5 or so is not a big deal. 14's? like you guys say? Now that's your below average driver. I have been running 14's @ 5880f since I was stock. So have my buddies. They don't have the power you guys have in third, but they can launch like a mother if you can drive. You guys trap higher. We can get good 60's in stock trim.

Black
    2000 Z-28

That GTO ran the exact same MPH as you did also which should be about right since he's probably a few hundred lbs heavier. You beat both of them from the launch but that Cadillac damn near caught you it looked like at the end. Not sure what gearing they had but I'm sure 3:73's or 4:10's would have made a world of difference for those heavier LS2's.

10's N/A

Really? Auto's can't get those numbers. Yeah, I check out the timeslip threads on the Stang forums like you have here. There's guys that have done it, mainly with the 06's cuz they have lighther wheels and better rubber. 07's on up are not in the discussion. Yes, it's pretty uncommon. 13.5 or so is not a big deal. 14's? like you guys say? Now that's your below average driver. I have been running 14's @ 5880f since I was stock. So have my buddies.
    I think for the power to weight ratio a 13.5 is a pretty darn good for an '05-07 GT. No bashing here, but I just don't see those cars going that quick normally down here. What really calls my attention about those cars is the traps - which are usually around 101-103, not too far off of what a '96-'98 Cobra is capable of. But as the saying goes, trap speed doesn't mean squat unless you can put all of it to the ground!

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Well if your car is capable of running 13.20's @ sea level then you should be pretty much neck and neck w/ the average C5 Corvette
    C5's, should be quicker than 13.2's. Must be bad drivers cuz they run quicker than that stock. They are lighter than the Maros and TA's. C5's have run anywhere from 13.7's to really low 14.'s here stock. Once again my car's best out here is 13.9.

10's N/A

Really? Auto's can't get those numbers. Yeah, I check out the timeslip threads on the Stang forums like you have here. There's guys that have done it, mainly with the 06's cuz they have lighther wheels and better rubber. 07's on up are not in the discussion. Yes, it's pretty uncommon. 13.5 or so is not a big deal. 14's? like you guys say? Now that's your below average driver. I have been running 14's @ 5880f since I was stock. So have my buddies.
    I think for the power to weight ratio a 13.5 is a pretty darn good for an '05-07 GT. No bashing here, but I just don't see those cars going that quick normally down here. What really calls my attention about those cars is the traps - which are usually around 101-103, not too far off from what a '96-'98 Cobra is capable of. But as the saying goes, trap speed doesn't mean squat unless you can put all of it to the ground!

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I think for the power to weight ratio a 13.5 is a pretty darn good for an '05-07 GT. No bashing here, but I just don't see those cars going that quick normally down here. What really calls my attention about those cars is the traps - which are usually around 101-103, not too far off of what a '96-'98 Cobra is capable of. But as the saying goes, trap speed doesn't mean squat unless you can put all of it to the ground!
    Yeah, now I know they don't trap like you do, but they can come out in 2.0 or 1.9 if you can drive, stock. There are a mess of people running 14's with 2.4 60's and all that. You just said it, it's the average power you put to the ground that gets you down there fast.

Colorado/Cali, both cars suffer from altitude and both cars thrive at Sea level. BTW, my friends SS is a 400+rwhp car, so I know what they can do when you mod them. From what you guys are saying, my car is about 8 to 9 tenths slower than you. That means with Intake and tune 4.10's, tires, and cats, I should be about the same as a stock LS1. I would seriously spank a stock one.
    It would take an LS1 with most of the bolt ons to really pull on me hard, but with what some of you have? No. My friend Tommy's brother ran 13.6 @ sea level with his auto. Get an M5 down there and they should run 13.3's or 13.2's. I'm talking about someone who can handle their car BTW. I believe LS1's can achieve 12's every once in awhile, but usually 13.1-3's or so???? I don't think 12's are the norm. LS2's, they are more common, I think????
    You are right....12's are not the norm on stock LS1's or LS2's for that matter. There was a time when they were new,,,a few magazines put a ringer driver in them and went out to Englishtown,,,,which is very near sea level,,,,and when the weather is cool they commonly have DA readings at or even below sea level,,,,,so the times aren't generally real world conditions where some of us fight DA readings of 3-4,000 feet regularly. So these magazine tests don't really reflect what everyone sees with their own cars.

Englishtown where most of the magazines test and thats where most of the faster times come from. Generally (and honestly) speaking most LS1's (stock) will run very low 13's and up to 13.80's or so....

Case in point would be my 02 SS convertable,,,bone stock ran 13.70 at 102 mph,,,and there have been many other 02 owners on here that have ran these times as well,,,,,so don't let some of this talk snow ball you....I'm not ashamed to admit it,,,any 13 second car is a decent one.... I have since done a few simple bolts ons and have ran easy 13.20s at 106 mph in the heat,,,car is now capable of high 12's with a good 60 foot time and/or good air. But it took a little to get it there,,,,keeping in mind as I said,,,we fight DA readings around here of 3-4,000 feet during summer.

10's N/A

Yeah, now I know they don't trap like you do, but they can come out in 2.0 or 1.9 if you can drive, stock. There are a mess of people running 14's with 2.4 60's and all that. You just said it, it's the average power you put to the ground that gets you down there fast.
    Very true. I always noticed from either test driving or riding in the '99 & up Mustang cars, they have excellent front to rear power transfer. They can get off the line pretty snappy, and it doesn't take much effort to do it. I wish our cars were more like that. Then you would have seen more LT1's in the 13's, and more LS1's in the 12's for that matter.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

That GTO ran the exact same MPH as you did also which should be about right since he's probably a few hundred lbs heavier. You beat both of them from the launch but that Cadillac damn near caught you it looked like at the end. Not sure what gearing they had but I'm sure 3:73's or 4:10's would have made a world of difference for those heavier LS2's.

Nope, he didn't catch me. He was staying even on the CTS-V, but I was slightly pulling on the Goat. Maybe he was pulling, but it was so slow, I didn't notice. With gears, of course those things would come out crazy. I was spinning in second BTW, so I"m sure my trap suffered a lil. My point was not how the LSx's respond to mods. We all know they go crazy when you mod them. My point is that there is truth strecthing when people say we're about a second slower than them. Putting us in the 14's is putting us in the 04 GT range. Not true, or at least shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-26-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Very true. I always noticed from either test driving or riding in the '99 & up Mustang cars, they have excellent front to rear power transfer. They can get off the line pretty snappy, and it doesn't take much effort to do it. I wish our cars were more like that. Then you would have seen more LT1's in the 13's, and more LS1's in the 12's for that matter.
    I've driven a stock LS1. If you guys could launch like us, you'd be in the 12's pretty regularly.

Black
    2000 Z-28

But it's not really a fair compairson because you're modded and I'm assuming they're not. I would think a LS2 GTO with the same driver should be at least half a second quicker stock for stock. I mean come on, it has 100 more hp than you guys do.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You are right....12's are not the norm on stock LS1's or LS2's for that matter. There was a time when they were new,,,a few magazines put a ringer driver in them and went out to Englishtown,,,,which is very near sea level,,,,and when the weather is cool they commonly have DA readings at or even below sea level,,,,,so the times aren't generally real world conditions where some of us fight DA readings of 3-4,000 feet regularly. So these magazine tests don't really reflect what everyone sees with their own cars.

Englishtown where most of the magazines test and thats where most of the faster times come from. Generally (and honestly) speaking most LS1's (stock) will run very low 13's and up to 13.80's or so....

Case in point would be my 02 SS convertable,,,bone stock ran 13.70 at 102 mph,,,and there have been many other 02 owners on here that have ran these times as well,,,,,so don't let some of this talk snow ball you....I'm not ashamed to admit it,,,any 13 second car is a decent one.... I have since done a few simple bolts ons and have ran easy 13.20s at 106 mph in the heat,,,car is now capable of high 12's with a good 60 foot time and/or good air. But it took a little to get it there,,,,keeping in mind as I said,,,we fight DA readings around here of 3-4,000 feet during summer.

I appreciate your humility, because it's rare with Chevy guys and maybe they have cause. That's the trick I believe. Since you guys pull so hard in third, I think whoever nails the first 60ft will get those low 13's high 12s. Nevertheless, I believe we are about 2 tenths slower than you stock with equal drivers from what I've seen, not .8 to a second.

10's N/A

I've driven a stock LS1. If you guys could launch like us, you'd be in the 12's pretty regularly.
    I remember back in '02 when I had my '94 Z28 M6 (stock), I killed my buddies Mustang Bullitt (stock) very bad on the highway; I mean it was an absolute annihilation. Funny thing is that same car ran neck and neck with me on the street every time.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

But it's not really a fair compairson because you're modded and I'm assuming they're not. I would think a LS2 GTO with the same driver should be at least half a second quicker stock for stock. I mean come on, it has 100 more hp than you guys do.
    My point was not that I was beating a GTO, bone stock. My point was if we're so slow, you know, mid 14's and stuff, then shouldn't my mods make me about even with one? My vid shows otherwise.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I remember back in '02 when I had my '94 Z28 M6 (stock), I killed my buddies Mustang Bullitt (stock) very bad on the highway; I mean it was an absolute annihilation. Funny thing is that same car ran neck and neck with me on the street every time.
    See that's what I think happens. These guys get these s197's and try and take an LS1 from a roll. Bad mistake. If im going to get me an LS1 kill, it's going to be from a dig, not a roll. Those things get way to hyper in the higher gears. It's like the engine gets orgasmic, lol.

10's N/A

See that's what I think happens. These guys get these s197's and try and take an LS1 from a roll. Bad mistake. If im going to get me an LS1 kill, it's going to be from a dig, not a roll. Those things get way to hyper in the higher gears. It's like the engine gets orgasmic, lol.
    I see your a very smart man lol!

Black
    2000 Z-28

My point was not that I was beating a GTO, bone stock. My point was if we're so slow, you know, mid 14's and stuff, then shouldn't my mods make me about even with one? My vid shows otherwise.
    Yes the vid shows you beating a GTO and a CTSV but there are so many variables that it's not even funny. I didn't say you all were slow but low 13's for a stock GT is really unlikely. I personally have never witnessed it. But from what I saw w/ the CTSV video it looked like he was running you down and had the race continued beyond the 1/4 he would have caught up and passed you. I also saw the video pointed straight down the track and didn't even see what you were lined up against.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information