Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

01 ta vs 08 gt

This is a discussion on 01 ta vs 08 gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; everybody gets beat sometimes. I took out some bikes and a ferrari in my LS1 - not to say it ...

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

everybody gets beat sometimes. I took out some bikes and a ferrari in my LS1 - not to say it would have been a close race were things fair but this thing's fast enough to surprise a complacent driver with a manual tranny on the street. the ferrari punched it from abut 60 and I pulled a little over a car and then he came up into his power band and would, no doubt, have destroyed me, but we were going 110 already and, not having the stomach to go faster than that when there's traffic ahead, i decided to shut down. even racing against those things and their reputation is sheer ecstasy because even if you lose you just shrug and look at whoever is informing you of this and say "well, it was a fucking ferrari, I did the best I could."

Enough rambling. Racing is fun and enjoyable until someone gets killed (as in, an accident happens, usually due to carelessness or negligence or lack of sense) but fuck, we do it for fun. What difference does it make if the fans/drivers of the f-bod prefer it to Fords? personally, there is no reason for my preference except that it exists, i don't like GM because it is truly and undoubtedly superior but because it seems that way to me, just like i like my beat up, 160k mile T/A. It's a rough car but it runs great and is a lot of fun - not to mention that it's the fastest thing I've driven ever in my life. I hope to see high 12's out of it next time i take it to the track and whether or not that happens I'll enjoy it - even though the dragsters they have out at Temple Raceway run 6's and better. That's okay with me. I still like my car and appreciate it for what it is.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I give in...you can add me to your list...

But first I must tell you, I am only a LT1, and i've only been able to muster low 11's (sarcasm)

Nice! 11's with an LT1? That's stock too isn't it? I mean, since this is what the chaos is about. Stock LSx's and I guess now LT1's can beat anything. I didn't know they ran that quick. Damn! LT1's rock out the box

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    everybody gets beat sometimes. I took out some bikes and a ferrari in my LS1 - not to say it would have been a close race were things fair but this thing's fast enough to surprise a complacent driver with a manual tranny on the street. the ferrari punched it from abut 60 and I pulled a little over a car and then he came up into his power band and would, no doubt, have destroyed me, but we were going 110 already and, not having the stomach to go faster than that when there's traffic ahead, i decided to shut down. even racing against those things and their reputation is sheer ecstasy because even if you lose you just shrug and look at whoever is informing you of this and say "well, it was a fucking ferrari, I did the best I could."

Enough rambling. Racing is fun and enjoyable until someone gets killed (as in, an accident happens, usually due to carelessness or negligence or lack of sense) but fuck, we do it for fun. What difference does it make if the fans/drivers of the f-bod prefer it to Fords? personally, there is no reason for my preference except that it exists, i don't like GM because it is truly and undoubtedly superior but because it seems that way to me, just like i like my beat up, 160k mile T/A. It's a rough car but it runs great and is a lot of fun - not to mention that it's the fastest thing I've driven ever in my life. I hope to see high 12's out of it next time i take it to the track and whether or not that happens I'll enjoy it - even though the dragsters they have out at Temple Raceway run 6's and better. That's okay with me. I still like my car and appreciate it for what it is.

Kewl mentality you got there dude about your car and the way you look at things. Believe it or not, I have the same type of mentality, but for some reason, I piss guys off by telling kill stories in Mustangs. Puts me back in my place for owning a Mustang.

I feel so welcome here

LoL
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-28-2008 at 04:55 AM.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Sarcasm? That's my specialty, but I wanted to let you know what stood out in your lil comment there. "think they have the fastest cars on the road? No. Being skeptical, maybe the Termie guys. They are much like you sir. They have very respectable cars, but when one gets beat, their panties get bunched up a bit. Just reach back there, pinch, and pull them out your a$$. Relax dude. There are plenty of Stangs that get killed, mine included. I just put the flip side up here. But I kinda laughed when I saw this because if you read your posts on any LS1 forum unbiased, it is pure fact that you guys think you have the fastest cars on the road. You made a strong point on the pot/kettle theory there. Not all LS1 guys are this way though, but for those of you that are, this post is 4 you. Anyways, I contributed to this thread to post my side of the story because we have kill stories too in our lil stangs if you can believe that. We don't put down 350rwhp out of the factory and run 12's bone stock all day long, but we have fun too. It was a pleasure offending you, and those that can't take a defeat. Just forget this ever happened and let your supporters console ya. Still got me 2 LS2's though. No boost or juice necessary.

Click for full size There's so many of em out there cuz there just so sexy!

[Peace!
    the fact of the matter is that these new gt's don't have what it takes to pull on an ls1 bottom line. so maybe you have a factory freak i don't know. this is why your catching so much flack about it, and we know when we are put in our places, i've read dozens of stories about us gettin our asses handed to us by a terminator. hell i'd probably have a hard time running one down and mine has a cam/lt headers (notice i wrote cam as in one... i notice in your posts you say when we put cams in our cars, an lsx is a pushrod motor).

there's so many of them out there cuz alot of people go through a mid life crisis and feel they need to have something to make them feel young again. thats why you see alot of older women driving them.

i ran a 13.7 @103 with my old 96 ws6 6sp stock a few yrs ago. i aslo hoped in my buddies 99 ls1 ws6 6sp and ran a 13.01 at 109. most of the stangs i see stock run 14's even with a few minor mods like exhaust ect. i do believe the driver mod is the one that makes a race. my buddy took this 99ws6 the same day and ran 13.4 @106 in the same car so the driver has alot to do with it. i the one i have now im trappin 107 wich should put me high 12's but i havent learned how to drive it yet (driver mod) i havent seen alot of stock gt's runnin mid 13's. not sayin they cant but i just havent seen them. now all things being equal the ls1 has a slight advantage in stock form on the same track . but once again there are so many variables. but stock for stock the ls1 should have the advantage.
    Last edited by tomsws6; 06-28-2008 at 05:06 AM.

silver
    2002 ws6

I was assuming you knew about the cubes principle. Us Muscle guys always say it when we bench race the 4 and 6 banger boyz. There's no replacement for displacement. Very true. Try going mod for mod with an LS7. Or since you hate Fords, a 428 Cobra jet, or maybe a 440, 454,455,etc.....Or if that doesn't teach you, a 572. You'll see what I mean.
    so what your saying is mustangs suck..

10's N/A

Nice! 11's with an LT1? That's stock too isn't it? I mean, since this is what the chaos is about. Stock LSx's and I guess now LT1's can beat anything. I didn't know they ran that quick. Damn! LT1's rock out the boxClick for full size

Yup, it's stock. 11.23 w/ nothing but a removed air box. That darn intake is quite restrictive.

There's so many of em out there cuz there just so sexy!
    Yeah, and how do you explain the Charger biting such a large chunk out of the Mustang sales. Not a Mopar fan either, but the Charger looks sooo much better than the new Mustangs.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 06-28-2008 at 10:37 AM.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Well, Ford is selling more of "that thing" than GM ever sold of the Camaro/Firebird combined.
    thanks to girls buying them

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    thanks to girls buying them
    +1, I have seen more girls driving v6 mustangs than about any other car

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    and more and more girls are starting to get Gts, pretty soon the only guy mustang car will be a cobra

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    that's so true it's not even funny.

10's N/A

I think we've all had enough of viewing your not so fast times (albeit up in 5000+ft. El.). Post some more runs when you get into the 12's or something

- Jay

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    that's so true it's not even funny.
    Yep, the ladys love Stangs. YOu'd get laid more. As a matter of fact, I get approached alot by the ladys, talking about my ride. If you only knew thats a good thing.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 06-28-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Yup, it's stock. 11.23 w/ nothing but a removed air box. That darn intake is quite restrictive.

Yeah, and how do you explain the Charger biting such a large chunk out of the Mustang sales. Not a Mopar fan either, but the Charger looks sooo much better than the new Mustangs.
    Actually, I do like the look of Chargers. I have a different opinion, but I can compliment.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I think we've all had enough of viewing your not so fast times (albeit up in 5000+ft. El.). Post some more runs when you get into the 12's or something

- Jay

Will do. I did post a death by another GTO on there for some of ya so you can heal those fragile egos of yours.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Yep, the ladys love Stangs. YOu'd get laid more.
    no you dont, they go "oh look its just like mine" or "yea, my sister has one!" doesnt matter if its a v6 or v8 girls put them in the same category

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I guess that'll be enough for now. I'll be sure to post some more vids speciafically for
    N20LT4 in the near future.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Uh....he pretty much raped you....lol. I'm sure he wasn't stock running 12.0's in 5000 feet elevation though.

silver
    2002 ws6

Yep, the ladys love Stangs. YOu'd get laid more. As a matter of fact, I get approached alot by the ladys, talking about my ride. If you only knew thats a good thing.
    i'm married. i get laid almost every day. and as perviously mentioned to a chick a stang is a stang. it doesnt matter if it's a v8 or a v6, they just think it's cute like a barbie car.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information