Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

00 WS6 M6 -vs- 04 Audi A6...

This is a discussion on 00 WS6 M6 -vs- 04 Audi A6... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Who has it between these two? I'm picking up my 2000 Trans Am WS6 M6 w/ 39k miles on it ...

  1. #1
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    00 WS6 M6 -vs- 04 Audi A6...

    Who has it between these two? I'm picking up my 2000 Trans Am WS6 M6 w/ 39k miles on it this coming wednesday (trading in my 03 GT woo hoo lol) from Tampa. Im gonna meet my old man there then we're gonna drive back down south for 4 hours so there'll be ALOT of open, cop-less, traffic-less straightaway. The TA Im getting is bone stock other than a weld-in Edelbrock muffler. My dad's S4 is bone stock. I suck at driving a stick. from say a 3rd gear roll, what would happen? Provided I dont screw up my shifting. Looks like a good race... specially due to the fact that Im a semi-horrible driver

    Some random facts about the competition:

    2004 Audi S4 A6 convertible (bone stock)
    -4.2L 254cid V8
    -344hp @ 7000rpm
    -302tq @ 3500rpm
    -0-60 in low 5's (5.1-5.5)
    -1/4mi in high 13's (13.7-14.0)
    -3,825lbs

    Thanks

  2. #2
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    If you suck at driving I'd say the S4, but if you don't screw up then you should take it.

  3. #3
    Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    7,603

    Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    If you suck at driving I'd say the S4, but if you don't screw up then you should take it.
    Brutally honest tonight I see,
    I was thinking the same thing, but had it worded differently in my mind.
    Driver's race.

  4. #4
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Brutally honest tonight I see,
    I was thinking the same thing, but had it worded differently in my mind.
    Driver's race.
    he asked!

  5. #5
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    If you suck at driving I'd say the S4, but if you don't screw up then you should take it.
    Yea. I do. But I think by the time I get home I should have it down. I'll have 2 straight hrs of nothing around me which is a nice area to practice. I just hope I dont screw something up If I dont get him that day, I should be a pretty decent driver in a week and I'll just whip his ass when I know what Im doing. Plus I'll have my cutout.

  6. #6
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    The V8 S4's are pretty impressive so don't be slouching when your running him although seeing it's a vert you shouldn't have to bad of a time once you get better at driving it. Just be careful on the 2-3 shift because that's where most people screw up and loose. A Pro 5.0 shifter will fix that problem though. Congrats on getting a T/A!

  7. #7
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    The V8 S4's are pretty impressive so don't be slouching when your running him although seeing it's a vert you shouldn't have to bad of a time once you get better at driving it. Just be careful on the 2-3 shift because that's where most people screw up and loose. A Pro 5.0 shifter will fix that problem though. Congrats on getting a T/A!
    Yea I was really suprised the first time I rode in it.. I thought it was the old V6 TT which kinda sucked until my dad told me what was up. I ran him in my GT (I spun all the way thru 1st and halfway thru 2nd) while he never broke traction and in turn beat me by a couple lengths. I told him what happened but he didnt understand (doesnt know jack about cars) and hes like AHH EAT MY DUST MOTHERF***ER HAHA THATS RIGHT (yea he can be an ass.). So ever since that day I swore to myself that I'd build up a car that would whip him all day long.

    And I know this is extremely n00bish but when you're racing, do you shift like normal driving, just quicker? Or is there a whole different way of doing things. I can get around town fine in my step dad's 03 Cobra (beast) but never have attempted racing. Thanks btw Im extremely excited to get it

  8. #8
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    There's a few different ways you can shift when racing. You can do it normal and just faster which is normally all that is required to beat most cars or the no lift to shift method that you keep the gas to the floor and only clutch as much as needed to slide to the next gear pop it out or powershift it that I never do seeing I want my parts to last longer seeing you don't use the clutch at all for this method.

  9. #9
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    There's a few different ways you can shift when racing. You can do it normal and just faster which is normally all that is required to beat most cars or the no lift to shift method that you keep the gas to the floor and only clutch as much as needed to slide to the next gear pop it out or powershift it that I never do seeing I want my parts to last longer seeing you don't use the clutch at all for this method.
    I guess I'll just practice speed shifting. Because I know what powershifting is and I'm too pussy to try it this early in the game and the inbewteen method of using very little clutch to get into the next gear while still at WOT sounds pretty bad too.. but just for kicks, when you're doing that, how far in do you press the clutch? 1/2 way? 1/4? I might try it. I suppose you'd still have to do that pretty quick because you're revs would jump up if you dont let the clutch out quick enough

    EDIT: going to bed btw thanks for the help, talk to you tomorrow.

  10. #10
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    ya if u dont engage the clutch at all ull bounce off the rev limiter and watch whoever your racing walk u.....u have to know where ur clutch engages

  11. #11
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ya if u dont engage the clutch at all ull bounce off the rev limiter and watch whoever your racing walk u.....u have to know where ur clutch engages
    Yea I understand that. Can I test that out if I was driving normally? Like if I were to roll in 2nd at 3k rpm and then keep trying to see whats the minimal clutch I can give it to push it into 3rd? I assume its not good for your car if youre trying to do this at WOT and you dont engage the clutch enough and start hitting the rev limiter

  12. #12
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    Best bet is just don't PowerShift... it's not that necesary with these cars...

    btw... from a 3rd gear roll...shifting normally you'd probably woop that Audi seeing as it's such a fat PIG... from a dig he'll get the jump but you'll catch him...

    mostly because... a T/A is NOT...a MUSTANG GT ... and will pull alot better...

    Good Luck!


  13. #13
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Bret View Post
    Yea. I do. But I think by the time I get home I should have it down. I'll have 2 straight hrs of nothing around me which is a nice area to practice. I just hope I dont screw something up If I dont get him that day, I should be a pretty decent driver in a week and I'll just whip his ass when I know what Im doing. Plus I'll have my cutout.
    man tell you the truth it is gonna take you more than a couple hours to get your shifting down right. Id just wait a week or two and then race him.

  14. #14
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    Best bet is just don't PowerShift... it's not that necesary with these cars...

    btw... from a 3rd gear roll...shifting normally you'd probably woop that Audi seeing as it's such a fat PIG... from a dig he'll get the jump but you'll catch him...

    mostly because... a T/A is NOT...a MUSTANG GT ... and will pull alot better...

    Good Luck!



    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    man tell you the truth it is gonna take you more than a couple hours to get your shifting down right. Id just wait a week or two and then race him.
    Well Im pretty good at shifting normally. Like around town. So all I need to do is speed up the process which shouldnt be THAT hard.

  15. #15
    Team Skeet Captain JHayesLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Garden, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,061

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

    Yeah man I went after a S/C 350z as soon as I got my M6. If I didn't mess up my shifts I would of whooped his ass. Practice. Even if your just sitting in your drive way. Practice.

  16. #16
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Yeah man I went after a S/C 350z as soon as I got my M6. If I didn't mess up my shifts I would of whooped his ass. Practice. Even if your just sitting in your drive way. Practice.
    Haha there ya go. Yea I have the feeling that Im gonna be a really good driver. When it comes to cars and mechanical stuff, all I need is a tutorial and practice time and I can have it down PERFECT in no time at all. Where about in FL are you? I'm trying to hook up with a WS6 driver somewhere local to see if I can hitch a ride and see what they can do with a good driver. I've never ridden in/drove one. Closest I came was racing 99 TA M6 once.

  17. #17
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    go from a 40mph roll in 2nd and u got him

  18. #18
    WS6 FTW USMC_Bret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    41

    Black
    2003 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    go from a 40mph roll in 2nd and u got him
    The only reason I say a 3rd roll is that I know that 2nd to 3rd is a hard shift. Specially for a dumb n00b like myself

  19. #19
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    ahaha tru tru.....ya then start it a lil higher...mayb a 50 roll

  20. #20
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    and change ur public profile....u no longer have a 2003 mustang gt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Audi TT
    By Spikito in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 04:07 PM
  2. Has LS1.com seen the new Audi A9??
    By Mr. Luos in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 10:20 PM
  3. Audi ppl in here
    By rajiv1998 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 03:02 PM
  4. TB SS vs AUDI S4
    By konigandy6 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
  5. 99 Z28 vs. 02 Audi S4
    By buswwa in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 09:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •