Awaiting Activation

Pewter
    2000 Z-28

Exclamation Warning for anyone doing business with Brandon Barnett (AKA F-Body Salvage)

I hate to do this, but I need to caution the rest of the group to be VERY careful when dealing with Brandon Barnett (GMMotorSports). He operates a salvage activity in Searcy, AR, possibly F-Body Salvage.

I posted a need for a K-Member to fit a 2000 Z/28, LS-1 toward the end of last year. He replied with what he said would fit (I'm still not clear what year it came from) and I bought and received it. Due to workload I wasn't able to attempt the repair until a couple of weeks ago when I found out that the engine mounting holes are completely different than the originals.

I contacted him to tell him that he sent me an incompatible part (three holes, instead of four, mounting in the wrong spot on the crossmember, etc.) and I needed to work out how to get the right one. He told me that it would work and that they "have done it for years."

The bottom line is that now, after all this time, I find from GM that he sold me a crossmember from an LT-1 (verified by P/N). He keeps telling me that he can send me mounts, etc. to make it work, but I want the correct part, not some kludge. At this time he won't refund my money or try to find the correct part. He offered to send me a picture of the car and its VIN, but that doesn't prove anything; the part number says it all.

I have since found the correct part locally and will be taking delivery next week. It looks like a part I could have purchased new for $400 will wind up costing me $500.

I felt safe in dealing with someone from this group since we all share the same interests, but I have to keep reminding myself that integrity is sometimes left at the door when money is involved.
    Last edited by jlhansen; 02-06-2006 at 04:21 AM.

famine19
    Thanks for the warning (memo to self..no buy from f-body salvage)

Black
    1999 z28 Conv.

thanks for the heads up. sorry about your situation. i live not too far from this guy.

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by jlhansen
    I hate to do this, but I need to caution the rest of the group to be VERY careful when dealing with Brandon Barnett. He operates a salvage activity in Searcy, AR, possibly F-Body Salvage.

I posted a need for a K-Member to fit a 2000 Z/28, LS-1 toward the end of last year. He replied with what he said would fit (I'm still not clear what year it came from) and I bought and received it. Due to workload I wasn't able to attempt the repair until a couple of weeks ago when I found out that the engine mounting holes are completely different than the originals.

I contacted him to tell him that he sent me an incompatible part (three holes, instead of four, mounting in the wrong spot on the crossmember, etc.) and I needed to work out how to get the right one. He told me that it would work and that they "have done it for years."

The bottom line is that now, after all this time, I find from GM that he sold me a crossmember from an LT-1 (verified by P/N). He keeps telling me that he can send me mounts, etc. to make it work, but I want the correct part, not some kludge. At this time he won't refund my money or try to find the correct part. He offered to send me a picture of the car and its VIN, but that doesn't prove anything; the part number says it all.

I have since found the correct part locally and will be taking delivery next week. It looks like a part I could have purchased new for $400 will wind up costing me $500.

I felt safe in dealing with someone from this group since we all share the same interests, but I have to keep reminding myself that integrity is sometimes left at the door when money is involved.

Really sorry to hear that.
    U are so right with integrity. To people like him, money is more important.

good looking out, thank u

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Sorry pal..... I know it frigen sucks and it's a terrible feeling to be suckered...trust me i know... But just make sure that everything is done by either CC so you can launch a case into it or paypal it so if something is missing, wrong or doesnt come at all you can get your money back!!!

Thanks for the heads up tho but sucks you had to learn all of this personally!

charlesws6
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Sorry

Thread Information