Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Issue with a member.

I am having an issue with a member on the site regarding an item I purchased.

The user is Black02LS1. I purchased an RK Sports SS spoiler off of him. He said it was never used and never mounted. I asked for pics and he supplied them. It was in mint condition.

I received the spoiler this past Monday. When I opened the box it was badly cracked. I immediately contacted him and let him know the situation. On Tuesday he opened a UPS Damage Claim. I then asked the seller to refund me $200 until the claim was over since UPS takes the package, inspects it and then sends the package to the shipper (they also send the money to the shipper if the claim is approved). He did not agree to it and said that if the claim was denied he wouldn't refund me.

I've already submitted an IC3 complaint against him.

Here are some pictures of the product I received:

Last edited by johnnybz28; 12-04-2009 at 11:44 AM.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

That really sucks, i cant stand people like that. Good luck hope all works out

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

As far as I'm concerned, the seller/shipper is responsible to get the item to the buyer/receiver in the condition they agreed upon. Yes, UPS (or whatever shipper) is a third party in this situation, but that's what insurance is for. Honestly, how much effort/time/money would it have taken for the seller to have A. packed it better, and/or B. insured the item?

Good luck resolving this issue.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Not defending anyone but to me it sure looks like the box got crushed/compressed @ its ends in transport... Sucks man good luck..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not defending anyone but to me it sure looks like the box got crushed/compressed @ its ends in transport. Though I don't see any gross either.. Sucks man good luck..
    I can see the box was dropped on it's side, there are gashes inside on the side it was dropped. Had it been properly wrapped (as per UPS rules of 3inches of packing around all fragile items) this wouldn't have happened. It's good to have a father who works for UPS

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybz28 View Post
    I can see the box was dropped on it's side, there are gashes inside on the side it was dropped. Had it been properly wrapped (as per UPS rules of 3inches of packing around all fragile items) this wouldn't have happened. It's good to have a father who works for UPS
    Prolly could have had it marked "fragile" too. I have everything marked "fragile" even if it's not.. Can't trust anyone anymore it seems..

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Prolly could have had it marked "fragile" too. I have everything marked "fragile" even if it's not.. Can't trust anyone anymore it seems..
    Yep. If anyone here knows Kyle, could you please try to talk some sense into him. It's not like he's losing out on the money. He doesn't even own a Camaro anymore. I'm out a part and money.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybz28 View Post
    It's good to have a father that works there cause hopefully he can approve your claim. Because from the pix it looks like he wasn't at fault, he can't control whoever is handling the packages.....good luck to you man

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    It's good to have a father that works there cause hopefully he can approve your claim. Because from the pix it looks like he wasn't at fault, he can't control whoever is handling the packages.....good luck to you man
    He does have control over how the package was packed. Regardless of how the package was handled, if it was packed right this wouldn't have been an issue. I've sent out many things that didn't need to have such thick packing materials but have made it so the item didn't touch any side of the box just in case it was dropped. When you pack something you have to be 100% positive that if the item were dropped, which happens with EVERY shipping company, it won't get damaged.

Just because my father works for UPS doesn't mean that I can trick the Damage Clerk into saying it was packed right. Even if the claim does get approved, the seller gets the money and the part. How am I to be sure that he won't just screw me and keep the part/extra money?

If you go here: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/members/58545.html, you can see I have flawless feedback and that I am an admin of the site. I've had 36 transactions on srtforums without any issues, this includes buying selling and trading items. I have no reason to start anything with anyone UNLESS they give me a reason.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Just got back from UPS and they denied the claim on the spot. They will be finishing it up tonight and sending the spoiler back to Kyle. I've filed the IC3 complaint, I will be going to my bank in the morning to dispute this, I will be contacting his local Police Department and I will also be contacting my attorney.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I sent Black02LS1 to make him aware of the thread so that he can post his side of the story. If you're not directly involved in this I'll ask that everyone else stay out of the thread please and let these 2 try to work this out. You guys know me and know that I have a low tolerance for people stirring the pot in these types of threads. Let these guys try to work this out.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I sent Black02LS1 to make him aware of the thread so that he can post his side of the story. If you're not directly involved in this I'll ask that everyone else stay out of the thread please and let these 2 try to work this out. You guys know me and know that I have a low tolerance for people stirring the pot in these types of threads. Let these guys try to work this out.
    Thanks Orion. I've already tried to work this out with Kyle before making the thread. The only reason why I made the thread is to make everyone aware of the fact that he has my money and will have the damaged unusable spoiler...........so I am out of my money and a product.

If you check this link http://www.srtforums.com/forums/members/58545.html you can check my feedback and see that I am an extremely trust worthy guy. I have never had an issue with anyone as far as a transaction goes.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

I've known Kyle for 5 years now.He's a stand up guy for sure. i to have purchased items from him. they were in good condition.
    I'm 100% sure he never installed that wing. I was going to purchase it for my Gf's car. I'm sure the delivery service must of damaged the part when it got transported. I really doubt he would send you a wing that's cracked and looks like it was in a wreck.sorry you had to go through this.
    Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 12-04-2009 at 07:11 PM.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

marking this to keep on eye on it.

Blue
    03,EB Z06

The images desplayed are from after he opened the box, removed the wing, and then placed it back in the box. I had that box packed end to end with foam and newspaper with no exposed sections. Jonny even agreed that the box was dropped hard by UPS, which is clear. I'm sorry, but the fact that UPS destroyed the box is not my fault.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Black02LS1 View Post
    The images desplayed are from after he opened the box, removed the wing, and then placed it back in the box. I had that box packed end to end with foam and newspaper with no exposed sections. Jonny even agreed that the box was dropped hard by UPS, which is clear. I'm sorry, but the fact that UPS destroyed the box is not my fault.

The pictures of the box packed is when the box was opened. I am not stupid, I ALWAYS take pictures of all my packages when I receive them. You DID NOT pack it right. You are 100% at fault here, even if the box was dropped. If it was packed 100% correctly it would have been fine if it was dropped, but it wasn't. I will be contacting your police department on Monday and I'll be speaking with my bank today.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    I've known Kyle for 5 years now.He's a stand up guy for sure. i to have purchased items from him. they were in good condition.
    I'm 100% sure he never installed that wing. I was going to purchase it for my Gf's car. I'm sure the delivery service must of damaged the part when it got transported. I really doubt he would send you a wing that's cracked and looks like it was in a wreck.sorry you had to go through this.

If Kyle is a stand up guy he would take responsibility for his terrible packing job that caused the issue in the first place and refund me my money. He will be in possession of the unusable spoiler and my money........that is technically stealing my money.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Here is the UPS tracking number showing that the package is being sent back to Kyle: 1Z970X330305333288

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by Black02LS1 View Post
    Why didn't you take the time and pay the nominal amount of money it would have taken to get the item insured?

Thread Information