Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Bad Ebay seller be AWARE

I put my rims up for sale stock OEM rims, he buys them dirt cheap with tires in good condition and i charge him 160.00 shipping and each rim and tire is 44lbs. In the end i pay 209 for shipping and get insurance up to 400.00, i tell this guy on friday i will ship it out tomorow for you and provide tracking info and thats the only time we talked about shipping the item. So the next day its raining i head down to the UPS store pay the shipping and on my way home at 10:30 am and immediatly provide him the 2 tracking slip numbers its getting sent in a bundle of 2 since its heavy and bulky. He immediatly not even 5 minutes after recieving the tracking info files a claim through paypal saying im giving him the run around and im not gonna send him the rims. Didnt even bother hitting me up with any questions what so ever, he says the tracking info does not pop up on UPS.

Well if anyone knows anything about shipping it WILL NOT pop up that quickly on there site for you to track i know this from UPS and USPS and i even called Sarah there at the register to comfirm. I immediatly scanned both tracking reciepts and actual reciept and sent it to him stating that i have sent them out and i have paid for them. Ofcourse he is blazing quick to file a claim but slow as f*ck following up. Whats really screwed him over now is not only will sarah at the UPS store comfirm that she has the rims and tires and are getting packed and shipped and she is more then happy to talk to the buyer which ive given all the info to the buyer to call the store ofcourse he has not responded i took a video of me being inside the store talking to sarah and put the rims and tires on video in the actual store just to add the topping on the cake. I just had a bad feeling about this buyer from the get go and been selling for many years and can smell a con man trying to get something for free a mile away. If this ebay member unknownghost2007 is on this list your an IDIOT. Your the type of people that people dont like doing buisness on ebay, for the rest of you guys stay away from this buyer just looks for any excuse to file a claim and see where it goes. By the way if this buyer is on here and would like to dispute anything i am more then happy to present acutall images and phone number to the UPS store.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Sounds like he changed his mind and is looking for excuses to bow out. How much feedback does he have?

But, you have all your ducks in a row and can provide proof that he is being an ass.

Sorry for the aggravation though. You run into people like that every now and then selling or even buying on ebay.

I hope it all works out and you may want to file a claim with ebay as well in case he gives you neg feedback. That way they will retract it asap.

Good luck with this guy.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im gonna go to ebay right now and do that. He must have changed his mind or something. It was just weird the way we exchanged messages on friday, i knew something like this would happen. He actually has very good feedback on ebay and so do i, were both at 100% but with low transaction about 110. Its funny how quickly he ran to paypal to file a claim without any reason or justification what so ever and still after several messages for him and imaged scans, phone numbers and videos ive sent im get no response. Even told him the girl working at the UPS store Sarah is there till this time this is there number she knows who i am you can call them anytime to comfirm and still no response. The reciepts and tracking info is no question but wanted him to hear it from the employee there just icing on the cake. Ill go to ebay now and do what you mentioned thanks for the advice.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yeah, I would do that. I don't know if an actual claim can be filed since there isn't actually anything wrong at this point. He paid and you shipped.

But, at least make them aware of the issue for future reference if need be.

Again, Good Luck

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Ya good luck. Hope it works out for ya!
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Only once as a buyer i had to file a shipped item not yet recieved from something i bought on ebay believe it was a scanner for 500 not for the car a police scanner i had to wait 30 days before icanfileand wait another 30 days for my money back shipper had no proof of shipping or tracking info , got my money back about 75 days later

Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

Sad part is sellers are not allowed to give buyers negative feedback anymore.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

since you have his address, find the closest Papa Johns/Pizza Hut or both near him and have 10 pizzas delivered to his house.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by superman4evr View Post
    Sad part is sellers are not allowed to give buyers negative feedback anymore.
    That's true, but if they paid their part is done. So, it really doesn't matter.

It protects buyers who pay in a timely manner (which is all that is required for positive feedback) from getting neg feedback just for giving a poor seller who did not come through neg feedback.

In the past, people have not given bad sellers neg feedback for fear of getting neg feedback in return even though it was not deserved.

So, I think that was a good rule.

And, I sell and buy on ebay and have 100% positive feedback and almost 1000 total transactions

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Im gonna go to ebay right now and do that. He must have changed his mind or something. It was just weird the way we exchanged messages on friday, i knew something like this would happen. He actually has very good feedback on ebay and so do i, were both at 100% but with low transaction about 110. Its funny how quickly he ran to paypal to file a claim without any reason or justification what so ever and still after several messages for him and imaged scans, phone numbers and videos ive sent im get no response. Even told him the girl working at the UPS store Sarah is there till this time this is there number she knows who i am you can call them anytime to comfirm and still no response. The reciepts and tracking info is no question but wanted him to hear it from the employee there just icing on the cake. Ill go to ebay now and do what you mentioned thanks for the advice.
    So, as long as I'm here... Any update on this?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

no updates at all they froze my paypal account till 2/13 pending investigation through paypal. This is hilarious at any moment someone can cry help with absolutly no facts in hand, no just cause and paypal completly disables the seller and treats him like dirt. After this situation im done with paypal period and will not deal with them anymore. Submitted images of reciepts, tracking slips, video and all that which should be at the very least a open and shut case, they tell me i have to wait till 2/13 lol. Funny thing on top of this is the seller has not made one response to any of my emails, responses on paypal or messages on ebay. He will get his rims and tires as scheduled for tomorow and ill bet you i wont here a word from him letting this ride as long as he can. All i gotta say is its all Bullshit, i can make a living nightmare for this ebayer if i really want to. He has his last chance tomorow when he gets the rims and tires to be a man instead of a b*tch to tell paypal to drop the dispute.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Wow, that's crazy!

ebay is not stepping in on your behalf with paypal? That makes no sense to me at all

Did you at least contact ebay like we discussed and let them know what was going on? Or are you just dealing with PayPal?

Hmm, I've never had this happen. But, don't wait until the 13th. Keep on them and make them see that you are not the problem, that he is! It's a business just like any other and you don't need to put up with that crap.

Good luck at any rate.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

yup no doubt they said this to me, basically they dont care to investigate

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item number 110333694059 (93-02
    Camaro 16x8 factory alloy rims + tires) that you sold to
    unknownghost2007. I gather that this buyer filed a dispute with PayPal
    claiming that they still haven't received the item. I understand your
    concern and let me help you in resolving this issue.

Your buyer filed this claim through PayPal (not eBay), which means that
    you need to resolve the claim using the PayPal Resolution Center. I'm
    sorry for any inconvenience.

The buyer filed this claim because according to him or her you didn't
    ship an item.

Either way it wont matter once paypal reviews this case it should be an easy case, i absolutly would be shocked if they rule on behalf of the buyer. The buyer should be recieving the rims today as stated by UPS. If he is not a man and doesnt own up and cancel his claim through paypal i will call paypal monday and talk to someone there. If this buyer was even 8 hours away from me i would without a doubt make the drive and f*uck him up just for filing bullshit claims and trying to give people a hard time. If i knew he was going to be a d*ck about it i wouldve waited atleast another 2 weeks before shipping it.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I also sent paypal another message stating why do i have to wait till the 13th for you guys to resolve a open and shut case. Your only helping the buyer achieve his goal and that is to give me a hard time because he thought i gave him the wrong tracking info when in fact the tracking info i gave him is correct and says on UPS sight he will recieve the rims and tires today and you cant check tracking numbers 5 minutes after you recieve them because it wasnt on the UPS sight till that monday i shipped it to him on saturday. Even the USPS office does the same, ofcourse i checked the claim and my email and ebay messages and nothing to my responses from the buyer.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Here is the proof, the person talking to me is Sarah and i told paypal and the buyer to call if they are so quick to file the claim and so curious to find out if im bullshiting them but nothing. In the vid im getting insurance on the rims and when i said 400 i was suprised on what she was saying, but im shipping the rims 2 at a time so she meant most likely 400 on 2 rims or all four that are being shipped. I also took the cardboard that i recieved my new rims in to them and paid extra for packaging so they can package it with more protection buy putting packing material in between the cardboard and the rims just to play it safe.

Last edited by karpetcm; 01-30-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That is a lot of crap to have to go through. I'm really surprised that PayPal has not stepped in on your behalf with the buyer.

I mean, the guy needs some patience for crying out loud!

There was a post on here a few weeks ago where a guy paid for something and like two days later was wondering if he should file a complaint because he had not received his item

You meet all kinds on ebay! Just part of the package. But, for the most part, people are honest and not all nut cases like this guy.

Let me know how it goes. I'm curious to know at this point

Again, sorry for your aggravation.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

well i dont know what made me decide to take video or make sure i do the best i can to ship the rims and tires but i had a bad feeling and did what i can. Amazing how he filed the claim 5 minutes after me sending him the tracking info that means he filed the claim in less then 5 minutes due it taking atleast a couple of minutes to file the claim itself. Either way ill hit up paypal once it says the shipment is recieved, copy and paste the link to them and make them aware of it, thats all i can do at this point. I have to do paypal's job which ive made it fairly easy for them to handle and im getting the bad end of the stick. This isnt the first time a customer with the help of paypal has screwed me over, fortunatly the last time it was 90 bucks compared to this time being alot higher in value.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Well, it's always good to keep good records. You never know when you'll have to cover your ass. So, you did good!

I don't remember if you mentioned how many feedbacks he had. He apparently has not spent that amount on ebay before and does not understand the shipping process.

Even the post office which claims to update daily does not always have info in the tracking data for a few days sometimes.

I do remember you said that he had good feedback though. So, with any luck he will do the right thing and cancel the dispute and leave you positive feedback.

Now, if he does not leave positive feedback and does leave neg... Then I would file a claim with ebay providing all your proof and fight that. It should be retracted. But, hopefully it won't get to that.

Life's little headaches

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

well i just checked with ups and it says delivered for both tracking slips and ofcourse i called it right the guy didnt even bother to hit up paypal to state he recieved them. I contacted paypal and told them its recieved by the buyer, gave them the links to both tracking numbers and told them not to bother waiting for the buyer to hit you guys up to tell you he recieved them he basically used you guys to give me a hard time.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

See, this is one of those few instances where it would be valuable for the seller to be able to leave negative feedback to warn other sellers to beware.

The guys a flake. But, since you gave paypal all the paperwork and proof of delivery, they should close the dispute case.

Now, if he's really an ass... he could go as far as saying that the items were not as described and cause more crap that way.

Hopefully this transaction will just get resolved and go away.

Edit... just to add that if he does go that route, you have that handy little video to show that they were exactly as described That turned out to be a good idea!
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 01-30-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Thread Information