Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

why no ls4 section on this site?

i see the vehicle specific section of our forums has no mention of the ls4 base engines or their platform...the ls4 is a different bred in terms of the lsx base...so i think it would be beneficial to create a section and hopefully start to bring in some ls4/ gxp,mc ss and such members to this board.

what do you think ed ?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that would be nice but I can almost guarantee you that it'd be dead. The cts and GTO sections both get very little traffic.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Another vote for dead and waste.

98' trans am

well why would a person with a ls4 base car join a site that doesnt have a section for their car..when they could join tech and have their section...as of right now i think there is really only 1 site on the web that has info and good tech on ls4 engines and such..that is tech.

so i dont see why we couldnt get into that game...it is well known we have a more "noob friendly atmosphere" ..so i could see a lot of ls4 owners eventually coming over here. Shoot i would even be willing to post a few threads with some info on the ls4 and such so it wont have 1 thread in it with 2 replies

the cts-v section was limited to 1 car model..as was the goat..ls4s were in at least 4 models ...

but it is completely up to you guys...it would take some time to get members for it..but eventually i think it would be a solid section.
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    well why would a person with a ls4 base car join a site that doesnt have a section for their car..when they could join tech and have their section...as of right now i think there is really only 1 site on the web that has info and good tech on ls4 engines and such..that is tech.

so i dont see why we couldnt get into that game...it is well known we have a more "noob friendly atmosphere" ..so i could see a lot of ls4 owners eventually coming over here. Shoot i would even be willing to post a few threads with some info on the ls4 and such so it wont have 1 thread in it with 2 replies

the cts-v section was limited to 1 car model..as was the goat..ls4s were in at least 4 models ...

but it is completely up to you guys...it would take some time to get members for it..but eventually i think it would be a solid section.
    that would be Ed's call and I understand where you're coming from but those sections outside the LS1 just don't seem to ever take off. Heck, even the vette section here gets very little traffic really. I think most people want to look for dedicated sites or their car instead of a sub forum. They may look here every now and then but the vast majority probably wouldn't post much.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that would be Ed's call and I understand where you're coming from but those sections outside the LS1 just don't seem to ever take off. Heck, even the vette section here gets very little traffic really. I think most people want to look for dedicated sites or their car instead of a sub forum. They may look here every now and then but the vast majority probably wouldn't post much.
    ^ i hear ya..but for vettes..you have the vette forum.....even cts-v have their own forum...but poor ls4 dont have much..on the imp forums their tech knowledge is laughable ...so i understand the situation Ed and you guys are in i do ...support a section that wont get much traffic and use bandwidth or dont at all..i just think with the ls4 being so unique it should have its own spot..even if it is just for the stickies

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Outside of Camaro and Firebird areas, the vehicle areas don't get that much traffic. Even the Vette area is rarely used. I think a better suggestion would be an LS2/LS3/LS4/LSx type section, but I don't think even that would be used much.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Outside of Camaro and Firebird areas, the vehicle areas don't get that much traffic. Even the Vette area is rarely used. I think a better suggestion would be an LS2/LS3/LS4/LSx type section, but I don't think even that would be used much.
    ^ well yes..i like that setup too..but i thought that would be alot to ask to reformat the layout of the site that much...but i dont know even if it needs to be that exact at times a Gen III , GenIV and GenV section would probably be a little bit less cluttered and such

98' trans am

^ this is always going to be true...99% of ls1 owners will be birds and catfish ....but ya know besides ls1s i dont think many people look to ls1 for information..we are almost 13 year old engines..there have been many more engines that have came since us..i think it would beneficial if we at least acknowledge them ..any section wont get as much hits as the camaro and bird section ..but that doesnt mean they are worthless ...i think people should have the ability to ask a question about their lsx platform other than a ls1 and not be told "use the search" only to bring up 99% for sale threads ..and 1% 3 year old threads that are never solved or updated....

like i said..i think there is a segment of users we can get..not to mention maybe a sponsor or two

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ^ this is always going to be true...99% of ls1 owners will be birds and catfish ....but ya know besides ls1s i dont think many people look to ls1 for information..we are almost 13 year old engines..there have been many more engines that have came since us..i think it would beneficial if we at least acknowledge them ..any section wont get as much hits as the camaro and bird section ..but that doesnt mean they are worthless ...i think people should have the ability to ask a question about their lsx platform other than a ls1 and not be told "use the search" only to bring up 99% for sale threads ..and 1% 3 year old threads that are never solved or updated....

like i said..i think there is a segment of users we can get..not to mention maybe a sponsor or two
    The problem lies with time... When will the new sections become populated with information. And if you are looking for information on that particular engine, why would you come to LS1.com?

I see both sides of the fence: I agree we should consider expanding to another field of vehicles, and I agree with Preston, it should be a section for all types of engines, and grow it from there. That being said, where does it stop? Will we then have to make a transmission section for W bodies? A suspension section for C6's? An electronic seciton for SS Trailblazers? The possibilities will become endless.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    The problem lies with time... When will the new sections become populated with information. And if you are looking for information on that particular engine, why would you come to LS1.com?

I see both sides of the fence: I agree we should consider expanding to another field of vehicles, and I agree with Preston, it should be a section for all types of engines, and grow it from there. That being said, where does it stop? Will we then have to make a transmission section for W bodies? A suspension section for C6's? An electronic seciton for SS Trailblazers? The possibilities will become endless.
    well within reason. there would be no need to make the transmission or suspension sub forums for those cars because they could post it either in the transmission section or in their platform's respected forum.

i could tell you for the ls2..i could see there being some basic info on them in that forum..at least sticky wise within the week possibly.

again mind you for the vette and tb and such..they all used either the ls1,ls6,ls3,ls2,ls7,ls9 ...those lineup of engines were used in many cars across the general...the ls4 however is the only fwd horizontal engine in the lsx..and as such is unique in its dimensions..both external and internal

Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

i would be game!!! again the ONLY forum for these engines IS tech, and its just a sub forum. when noobs come in and ask a question the first responses are "use the search" . i think you guys would get people in here,. i personally like the "atmosphere" here way better than tech, i think other people agree. also we LS4's are like the outcasts on tech and are treated like that on there too.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp View Post
    i would be game!!! again the ONLY forum for these engines IS tech, and its just a sub forum. when noobs come in and ask a question the first responses are "use the search" . i think you guys would get people in here,. i personally like the "atmosphere" here way better than tech, i think other people agree. also we LS4's are like the outcasts on tech and are treated like that on there too.
    You wanna know where the LS4 section is... it's back the way you came!!

We don't take kindly to your types around these parts...

Just kidding.

Again this will have to be Ed's call if he is going to make another forum.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

A general forum might work. If it did get busy we could separate them.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    the king speaks! even more dangerous is when you post

i know either sometime when i log in..something will be radically different in the layout ...or i will have 10k less posts

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I am all for getting the site busier. But with our name, it really caters to one type of engine.

98' trans am

I am all for getting the site busier. But with our name, it really caters to one type of engine.
    true..but we are the father (soon to be grandfather) of all the lsX bases...so isnt that like a grandfather law or something

Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    You wanna know where the LS4 section is... it's back the way you came!!

We don't take kindly to your types around these parts...
    Just kidding.

Again this will have to be Ed's call if he is going to make another forum.
    thats how it is when we go out of the sub forum on tech, for real

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp View Post
    thats how it is when we go out of the sub forum on tech, for real
    That's pretty sad.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

It might be worth a try. Give it 90 days and see how the traffic/views/posting is in it and then determine from there whether it stays, or what its fate is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information