Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    larsulrich

This site is such a huge FARCE

20,000 members? In 7.5 months since the crash?

That's over 85 members per day signing up. That's easly 4-5 times the rate that even Camaroz8 or LS1tech get per day.

I'm not buying it.

Look at those numbers, which are hyper-normal, and then look at the post and threadcount....there are sites less than a 10th the size of this one that have just as many threads and posts. You have some forums that have under 20 threads in them still....on a site with 20,000 members?

For example the detailing board...you're telling me on a site with 20,000 members and 250 people online at any given moment that there's only been 16 posts in the detailing forum?

Come on.....admit it. You guys have hacked the forum software to inflate the number of members and guests so you can charge more for your banner ads.

I think it is 1. Obvious, 2. unscrupulous, and 3. disingenuous. If I were a vendor I would have never signed up here given the past history, but notwithstanding that I think I'd be asking for a refund now.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Nope, no hacking here. The members just are not posting that much.

larsulrich
    You don't even have moderators in half your forums...on a site with 20,000 members!!!

How do you account for the absurdly high registration rate. Is this URL touched by God like the LS1 engine?

larsulrich
    Its certainly possible to do it. Check this out: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...on+number+hack

Black

We have not needed alot of Moderators. Like you said, there isn't much posting, so why would we?

Why is it absurd? It is what it is. I don't change the numbers at all.

larsulrich

Thanks, sorry to get sniffy haha, its been bugging me. I actually went through the members list and counted the members one by one by searching with no fields and sorting by date joined.....the user names are somewhat random and sometimes variations on other names I have noticed that have 0 posts. NOt close enough in register date to be someone trying out a few names...I guess they are doing it by hand. Thanks for the info though. and sorry again to pull out the sad face heh

Black

I am sure some of them create an account so no other member can get their username.

As for them not posting. You will have to ask them.

larsulrich
    Basic message board behaviors are pretty constant across the internet. YOu can calculate and predict with suprizing accuracy how many visitors will register and how many users will post, how many will have zero posts, etc. etc.

So you're telling me that basic human nature vis a vis forums doesn't apply here and that the incongruent facts of ultra-high registration rates and unusually low posting are happening here for some unknown reason?

I guess this really is a "special" site.

Black

I am not telling you anything. The numbers are what they are. No one has changed anything to skew the numbers.

You can believe what you like.

Black

As for the 250 users online. Remember half of them are guest, who cannot post.

larsulrich
    The index says 204,000 posts.

I can go to the members page and order members by post count, decending.

The top poster has 26,000 posts in 7.5 months??? That's over 100 post/day.

And the top 18 members have 203,000 posts BY THEMSELVES. I guess the other 20,582 members must have zero posts....right?

Something doesn't add up, something smells fishy.

I feel like Guy Fawkes on his way to blow up Parliament...

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by larsulrich
    I can go to the members page and order members by post count, decending.

The top poster has 26,000 posts in 7.5 months??? That's over 100 post/day.
    Some members were given their original post count back that they had before the crash.

Black

Now I understand what you are talking about. Some of the users were given back their old post counts. (The ones we could verify) Which is why you see high post counts on the users.

As for the board post count that has not been changed.

larsulrich
    Changing post counts to = the old board can't account for all of this.

You have 20,600 members. Of those, only 5490 have any posts at all. All the rest have zero. Only 26.6% of your members have posted even once.

That's compared to camaroz28 which boasts 61,000 members (that it took them since 1997 to get BTW) and 39,618 have posted at least once. (64.6%) Almost all other sites have similar ratios...somewhere around 61-65%. Its easy for anybody to check.

So ONLY here at LS1.com, basic human nature has changed and the post to no post ratio has changed a whopping 38% from every other site out there. Yeah, that's normal.

Black

I never said it was normal. Why don't you ask some of those users why they don't post??

larsulrich
    And lets not kid ourselves with this "crash" stuff.....anybody that has been around the block more than once knows the hosting company pulled the plug because Mr. Brad wasn't paying the bills. This is not the first time it had happened and the one thing we know about human psychology is past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Plus we add in Ed here who claims to be paid NOTHING to run this site for Brad...that's a lot of work for nothing Ed. Either Brad's getting the deal of the century or you've not been completely forthright about the arrangement here.

I predict another "crash"...sometime this year. I hope you keep good database backups this time.

Black

Everyone knows the reason we started over. No mystery there.

And yes I don't get paid.

Honestly I really don't care if you believe me or not.

Why do you even care??

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

you need to get a fucking life (not ed, but the douche who is questioning stupid shit)!

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
    you need to get a fucking life (not ed, but the douche who is questioning stupid shit)!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

wow. been here since aug 2005 and have less posts than me. can't imagine why. guess it's kinda like those guys that register to see the board and never post. here's a thought. board crashes. once back up, the people reregister, like i did, and they may or may not post. just like they may or may not have posted back on the old board.
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-17-2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information