Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report dishonest seller? Want to help Other members!

I have been following you guys for years as a guest but have only recently became an "official member".

I have been in contact with a member for a car for approximately 3-4 weeks. We finally agreed upon a price after giving him 2 weeks to agree on the price HE WANTED. He then gave me specific dates and times I could come pick up the car. I meet his specifics which are more difficult then most as I am almost 400 miles from the car. As an independent contractor I was forced to call off 2 jobs which alone cost me $475. The guy ended up bailing on me and decided not to sell the car! Not only did I waste my weekend and my driving partners but he cost me a decent chunk of money for scheduling the pick up. Based on multiple conversations, I get the feeling he has done this to other people already. I don't want to send a hate forum about the guy, but I don't want others to make the same mistake as me. Not only is agreeing to a price then bailing unethical for a buyer in my situation, but just posting the darn ad is classless too. If you change your mind about selling a car fine, but don't lead a guy on, waste his hard earned money, waste my banks time after several conversations with them.

Just think this behavior is unacceptable. Let me know if I can do anything. I respect the rules on this great site and would hate for other ls1 members to get screwed over too.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sorry to hear that you had this issue.

How come you never joined the site before this? I am always curious about people's reasons for not joining a free forum and contributing, especially when it is something they obviously have an interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Sorry to hear that you had this issue.

How come you never joined the site before this? I am always curious about people's reasons for not joining a free forum and contributing, especially when it is something they obviously have an interest in.
    To be honest I have no idea. I guess because I still had the same privileges of seeing other great opinions as a guest. The only thing I could not do is post or contact others. If the site limited "powers of viewing" to non members, I guareentee it would triple membership.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

was this a member from here? Post up the screen name. You're not really helping anyone else until you call them out. There's always 2 sides to the story and maybe there was something that might justify their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    was this a member from here? Post up the screen name. You're not really helping anyone else until you call them out. There's always 2 sides to the story and maybe there was something that might justify their actions.
    Well the guy flat out bailed on me and the sale after confirming on a price and date/time. Not sure how there can be two stories? Pm unless the top dogs on here are ok with me straight calling someone out?!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Brian - I do not think you have access to PM's with your "0" post count. Please email the info to me. Click on my site name at the left of the screen and select the "@ send email" link.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

at the end of the day it's the seller's prerogative whether they want to sell the car or not......you can't force them to sell and signing up to a board to complain about it isn't going to change their minds. It's why you do your homework before deciding to do business with someone on the internet. Does it suck? Yes.....but that's the way of the internet. It truly is buyer beware. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get ripped off on the deal and you may have saved yourself some headache by not doing business with the guy.

at the end of the day it's the seller's prerogative whether they want to sell the car or not......you can't force them to sell and signing up to a board to complain about it isn't going to change their minds. It's why you do your homework before deciding to do business with someone on the internet. Does it suck? Yes.....but that's the way of the internet. It truly is buyer beware. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get ripped off on the deal and you may have saved yourself some headache by not doing business with the guy.
    Not trying to be rude (not sure if that is your intent but I took your comment as pure arrogance) Please read what I wrote above.

-I am not complaining, I am wanting to know if there is anything I can do to warn others. I wasn't sure if posting the guys info on here and blasting him was appropriate. I have been following this site for years, and an "official member" for a month.

-Do my homework?! What else could I have done? I gave the guy plenty of time to think about it. We agreed on payment, date and time etc.

-Get ripped off? Yes I did. I wasted a month and 2 jobs. What headache did I save?

At the end of the day I'm not here to complain/vent just wanted to warn/help others. I would love to know questionable sellers and buyers if I ran this site. If you don't want my input thats fine.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Bfennz View Post
    I have been following you guys for years as a guest but have only recently became an "official member".

I have been in contact with a member for a car for approximately 3-4 weeks. We finally agreed upon a price after giving him 2 weeks to agree on the price HE WANTED. He then gave me specific dates and times I could come pick up the car. I meet his specifics which are more difficult then most as I am almost 400 miles from the car. As an independent contractor I was forced to call off 2 jobs which alone cost me $475. The guy ended up bailing on me and decided not to sell the car! Not only did I waste my weekend and my driving partners but he cost me a decent chunk of money for scheduling the pick up. Based on multiple conversations, I get the feeling he has done this to other people already. I don't want to send a hate forum about the guy, but I don't want others to make the same mistake as me. Not only is agreeing to a price then bailing unethical for a buyer in my situation, but just posting the darn ad is classless too. If you change your mind about selling a car fine, but don't lead a guy on, waste his hard earned money, waste my banks time after several conversations with them.

Just think this behavior is unacceptable. Let me know if I can do anything. I respect the rules on this great site and would hate for other ls1 members to get screwed over too.
    nothing to do with arrogance....it's about seeing this time and time again happen to people and it's almost always avoidable. I highlighted the immediate red flags that would've been enough to tell me this guy isn't serious about selling his car. You just have to be really careful when dealing with people from the web......there's some real dirtbags out there. You got off fairly easy compared to some of the stuff I've seen happen to people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

nothing to do with arrogance....it's about seeing this time and time again happen to people and it's almost always avoidable. I highlighted the immediate red flags that would've been enough to tell me this guy isn't serious about selling his car. You just have to be really careful when dealing with people from the web......there's some real dirtbags out there. You got off fairly easy compared to some of the stuff I've seen happen to people.
    I appreciate your wisdom, but I will respectfully disagree with your opinions. If your posting a for sale ad that typically means you want to sell. One of the parties has to agree to a price, time and place. I wanted to meet on a Friday so I could work my jobs on the weekend. His availability wasn't available until Sunday. One party needs to give. I would consider both of those as green lights especially when he tells me anytime on Sunday is fine.2 jobs for $475 I would not consider fairly. If you can honestly tell me that you could see this happen, then we should be referring to you as God. I have seen plenty of other red flag cases from scumbags as well. But again, my only intention is to help others, not throw a pity party.

Frankly, this isn't helping anybody Bfennz if the board doesn't know who it is.... If the whole point is to help, then the information needs to be posted. Otherwise it's all for not and sounds just as Orion described,,,,,complaining.

The powers above were/are currently investigating. All I was asking for was if there was a PLACE to put a red flag on the guy. Putting a guys name on a hate blog doesn't seem right. But a red flag or warning list would make sense.

To be honest with you, unless you are going to tell me something productive (like where to put the guy's name up) why post something like this telling me to quit complaining? The only thing you are doing is inflating your post count. If you want to know the members name personal message me.

Yeah, I need to inflate my post count

I'm beginning to suspect this was likely more of a buyer issue

Thanks for the help buddy. Again if you want to know the full story or the name pm me.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Brian, no one here is trying to attack you. Least of all 0rion. He was only trying to give a fair objective opinion. There are always two sides and buying things from someone you don't know always has a chance at going bad. There are no laws saying that a seller can't back out. It would have been nice if he was more upfront with you, I agree.

The member that is involved in this transaction gone bad, is a member here, but not a very active one. He has only a handful of posts on this forum. Again, he is not an active member.

Getting things in writing is always a good idea. Especially if you are having to go out of your way to accommodate a seller. It gives you a leg to stand on. I wish you better luck on your next venture and hope you find what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Brian, no one here is trying to attack you. Least of all 0rion. He was only trying to give a fair objective opinion. There are always two sides and buying things from someone you don't know always has a chance at going bad. There are no laws saying that a seller can't back out. It would have been nice if he was more upfront with you, I agree.

The member that is involved in this transaction gone bad, is a member here, but not a very active one. He has only a handful of posts on this forum. Again, he is not an active member.

Getting things in writing is always a good idea. Especially if you are having to go out of your way to accommodate a seller. It gives you a leg to stand on. I wish you better luck on your next venture and hope you find what you are looking for.
    I appreciate that but not what I have been looking for. When some of your "moderators" are not helping and telling me to just be careful and put the guy's name on here, I would consider that BS. I don't want tips on how to buy a car?!

All I wanted to do was know if there was a flag list. I really don't understand how someone can't answer me yes or no. The seller tried to post his car a few times. If I was incharge of the site I could redflag this particular car/member. Obviously this isn't my site and no one can give me an answer so I would assume there is no way to warn anyone. This disaster of a post will be my first and only post. Thank you to the few that tried to help. Next time (which I hope there isn't) I will just let it go or offer another site a warning. If anyone wants that is in the buying market want to know the full story or buyers name pm me.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

If you feel the need to leave negative iTrader feedback for this member, go right ahead. Other than that, there really isn't anything else that can be done for you on this matter. We haven't heard from the other member and don't know the reasons he has for backing out.

Go to his profile to leave your negative iTrader feedback.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Brian, we do not have a "flag list" nor do we take action against a member for a matter that was not an issue on the site, ie. posted in a public part of the forum. I read through the sale threads and, as we discussed via email, all your contacts with the seller were outside the view of forum members.

Your concerns are legitimate, therefore a PM has been sent to the seller to direct his attention to this thread. Myself, and the other Moderators, will watch this to ensure that things do not get out of hand. Whether or not the seller chooses to respond is entirely up to him. Should he post another "For Sale" thread, I will be sure to mention this issue in the same so that any potential buyers go in with eyes open.

Impounded

BMW
    ErnestKlIM

Report dishonest seller Want to help Other me

Thinking of PMing other members to join your forums, check out your products or sending out other forms of Spam? Consider this a formal warning... sending unsolicited spam to other members is pathetic and will warrant a ban on the spot.

To all members If you receive spam from another member, please be sure to report it to me or a mod.

Thanks
    Faken

Faken,

To who is this directed to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information