ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up Just wanted to say Thanx!

Being a v6 builder I've heard it all over the years when I needed help with stuff.. Got sick of misinfo, and folks whom were down right wrong or just pulling stuff out of their arses.. This site has given me the most respect over what I like to build.. More so than any other.. I appreciate the chance to post a build that has nothing to do with what most discussions here are about.. This forum is for the gear heads and I see respect for everything folks like.. Since I joined in Feb of 09, you guys have made me the "v6 Doc" and an authority on the little engines that could..

I don't have the all the words but it's nice to be appreciated and to have others here name me as the place to go for v6 answers.. Many thanks guys/gals! LS1.com 4 eva!!!

Steven
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

i have to agree with the op i havent been on this forum very long but it has been the most helpful of them all. You dont have to worry about being flamed for asking a so called "stupid" question so definately LS1.COM FOREVER!!!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You ALL will be witnesses to the prototype hitting the streets, dynos, and tracks.. Again many thanks to those whom have followed my build.. But I think pajeff will be the first to actually see it tho.. I plan to head to carlisle(sp) next year even if I have to flat bed or low boy it there.. Jeff has been harassing me for a while now about the car show out there.. Least I can do is show up since he's been one of my biggest supporters..

I come across the accollades you guys spread around the site about me and have deep graditude.. Can't thank you guys enough man..

Steven

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    You ALL will be witnesses to the prototype hitting the streets, dynos, and tracks.. Again many thanks to those whom have followed my build.. But I think pajeff will be the first to actually see it tho.. I plan to head to carlisle(sp) next year even if I have to flat bed or low boy it there.. Jeff has been harassing me for a while now about the car show out there.. Least I can do is show up since he's been one of my biggest supporters..

I come across the accollades you guys spread around the site about me and have deep graditude.. Can't thank you guys enough man..

Steven

I'll take that as a promise -- we'll see you next year unless I happen to get down by P-burgh before then. I really enjoy all the build pics and info that you have posted in your threads. It's different than what I am accustomed to wrenching on and very nicely done.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Steven
    better let me know too!!! i'll meet up with yall!!!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I'll take that as a promise -- we'll see you next year unless I happen to get down by P-burgh before then. I really enjoy all the build pics and info that you have posted in your threads. It's different than what I am accustomed to wrenching on and very nicely done.
    You bet! Thank you for the kind words as well... I try do things in an exact manner inside and out on my engine builds and am very gracious for the spot here to post my hobby tho it does'nt pertain to the LSx platform..

It's been slow but it WILL get there as I'm close now.. I won't give excuses just how it is.. My Camaro needs the work and I'm iching for getting on it next. The more time I get the more I can do..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    better let me know too!!! i'll meet up with yall!!!
    Will do.. Everyone will know when I'm comming.. You'll won't miss a 10k rpm scream .. I also plan to invade/stir sheet up @ your picnic next season too..

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Wait.... SMITTY?!?!?! 2 of your cylinders!!! They're MISSING!!!!!

Sorry. I had to try to be a smartass before I get all.... mushy....

Well... here goes:

I think we should be the ones thanking you. Day in day out, you're armed with a keyboard and mouse and you are constantly adding positives to this site regardless of the topic. Not only are you the 60* guru, you are always adding input on several topics that should only concern a fella with +2 cylinders. We have a good family of people at this site, but I thought you should know, you stick out among the tops. I'm sure I speak for quite a lot of people in saying, thank you for your time and effort. We really do appreciate everything you bring to the table!!!

OK... that's over, now I can give you crap again.... ehhh, I got nothin.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Wait.... SMITTY?!?!?! 2 of your cylinders!!! They're MISSING!!!!!

Sorry. I had to try to be a smartass before I get all.... mushy....

Well... here goes:

I think we should be the ones thanking you. Day in day out, you're armed with a keyboard and mouse and you are constantly adding positives to this site regardless of the topic. Not only are you the 60* guru, you are always adding input on several topics that should only concern a fella with +2 cylinders. We have a good family of people at this site, but I thought you should know, you stick out among the tops. I'm sure I speak for quite a lot of people in saying, thank you for your time and effort. We really do appreciate everything you bring to the table!!!

OK... that's over, now I can give you crap again.... ehhh, I got nothin.
    WOW! Thank you and everyone.. I know I have sometimes put my foot in my mouth up to my knee.. But I never realized I was one of the team/family.. You guys could have just as easily shut me down for the off base nature of my build.. But instead I've been treated with respect by most and have over 7000 hits on my little build thread.. This is a great site! Good folks helping eachother out makes it home... I am truely humbled by everyones kind words..

Many thanks guys,

Steven

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I'm sure most will agree with me when I say I respect you for being different and building something most people wouldn't. I'm a car/engine enthusiast as many on here are, and I'm always interested to see what others are doing. Keep it up man! And I may have to join along with all of you next year - it'll be like a miniature version of the Power Tour.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I'm sure most will agree with me when I say I respect you for being different and building something most people wouldn't. I'm a car/engine enthusiast as many on here are, and I'm always interested to see what others are doing. Keep it up man! And I may have to join along with all of you next year - it'll be like a miniature version of the Power Tour.
    Thank you man. I appreciate it..

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

WOW! Thank you and everyone.. I know I have sometimes put my foot in my mouth up to my knee..
    smartass remark
    Ain't that the truth!

Kind remark
    +1 agree with what everyone else said.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

While I happen to prefer V8's bent 6's got some potential too. That's why they made the Grand National back in the day. At 1 point it was faster than the Corvette. Imagine the Vette team's chagrin...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    smartass remark
    Ain't that the truth!

Kind remark
    +1 agree with what everyone else said.
    I've been working to curb that.. Also thank you..
    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    While I happen to prefer V8's bent 6's got some potential too. That's why they made the Grand National back in the day. At 1 point it was faster than the Corvette. Imagine the Vette team's chagrin...
    I play with cars as a hobby mostly, building one of the most difficult engines to find parts for, set timing on, and so forth is why I'm doing it.. It's different..

It's relative rarety makes it unique without me.. I'm just hoping to take it to the next level.. Same goes for the Camaro 3800.. I have yet to see an eton90 in an f-body app.. Tho that build is'nt set in stone due to the introduction of the 3.6 dohc in 2010 Camaro.. Many people, even in the different v6 circles hate the TDC and same in others they hate the 3800.. Dubbed "the boat anchor" by some... I have a different take of course.. The prototype TDC was a v8 eater and could have easily deal with many v8's of the time.. Poor planning and design in transmissions caused it to become a headache for GM and many owners.. GM dropped the ball on the little 207 I'd like to think I have picked it up and am headed for the endzone..

As for the 3800... Reguardless of the sterotypes the engines holds awards in nearly every catagory one can think of. Everything from racing to going to grab the family groceries.. Even held a place among the best, v8 or other wise.. It's far back history is something to consider as well.. Untill it was discontinued, it still carried genes so to speak of other Buick engines that not many know or talk about.. Such as the fact that it was still being made by the machines that produced Buick 350, and Buick Wildcat engines and bore specs of those engines aswell.. That's pretty far back imho.. To a time when the engine was born an "odd fire" yup that's right, 6,5,4,3,2,1, and came with no balance shaft... The engine has a near cult following with the Buick guys.. The same guys whom helped to create the after market for it.. GM hit the ball out of the park with the little 231.. Tho it has a terrible sound till it's screaming, imho the drone of the 231 will echo through history as one of the best v6 engines ever to come out of a GM plant..

Sorry for always having long drawn out stories.. Both engines have done alot for current tech you're seeing in high powered small displacement v8's today.. So I can't see a "wrong" in building either..

Thanks again for the respect from those whom follow my hard work, and elsewhere here @ the site..

Steven
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-15-2010 at 08:07 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Back in the late 80's I got smoked across an intersection by a "Syclone". Smoke came off of all 4 of his tires! He goaded me by revving the engine so I bit. I had no idea what it was at the time. I was in a low 12 second Nova. Needless to say I was impressed...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Back in the late 80's I got smoked across an intersection by a "Syclone". Smoke came off of all 4 of his tires! He goaded me by revving the engine so I bit. I had no idea what it was at the time. I was in a low 12 second Nova. Needless to say I was impressed...
    The syclone and typhoon were awesome for all that they were.. You'll still catch a stray glimps of them time to time.. Unfortunately that awesome drivetrain, was put into sheet metal with piss poor rust resistance that did'nt last.. If they're not garage kept they will rust out (bottom up) just sitting there in ones driveway.. Buddy of mine had a 63 Nova or Chevy-II can't remember the transition year.. Had a punched out 355 SBC.. I would'nt tell you how much power it put down but I can remember litteraly passing 5.0 Mustangs sideways out of a light.. Car weighed like nothing (lighter than vette of the time) had nothing in it either.. I think he was in the high 12's low 13's can't say for sure which, but 12-13's was a big deal in the early 90's..

Thread Information